Bought the VG248 144 hz monitor after good reviews. Plugged into displayport with an R9 390, installed drivers...

Bought the VG248 144 hz monitor after good reviews. Plugged into displayport with an R9 390, installed drivers, cranked it up to 144hz.

The top inch of the monitor is flicking like a motherfucker every second. Did I get memed?

I bought the RX 480 from Asus and I installed drivers from Asus website. They were horrible and laggy. Then I installed them from AMD site and they have been perfect ever since.

So that's my suggestion if you happen to have wrong drivers. Install them from AMD.

>AMD
Yes, you did.

I work at best buy, our display unit has flickering issues whenever something moves onscreen. it could be a high failure rate in these panels

What are you talking about? I have the latest update, 16.12.2. What other amd drivers are there?

>Did I get memed?
You bought a 144hz monitor, so yes you did get memed.

I'd probably send it back. This doesn't occur for me on the exact same monitor.

Also 144hz looks amazing. Don't listen to these fools.

>T minus 9 days for 2017
>he bought a 1080p monitor
>from asus
>144hz
You're on so many levels of meme that I almost feel sorry for you

at least he didn't fall for a meme resolution

you mean 1440p?

It could be worse, you could have fallen for the 1440p meme.

Could be even worse he could have bought a 1440p 144hz monitor

what kind of dumbfuck buys one of these lol

All monitors over 90Hz are just factory overclocked, and a lot of "Gaming Monitors" have really bad QA.
This gives you the combination of both;
> Bad QA
> Components operating outside of their spec

Expect >= 120Hz monitors to be duds, and RMA them until you get a good one.

I have that monitor plugged into my GTX 1070 with dual link DVI and never experienced any issues, it might just be an issue with your specific monitor or how it was configured.

I get flickering if my clocks are low for any reason, are you on an Eco mode by any chance?

I don't see an eco mode on the monitor.

... What's wrong with 1440p?

>AMD graphics card
>DisplayPort cable

its not as big of a leap as 4k. Therefore the performance wasted is done for nothing. Its better to get more performance/constant framerate, instead of "better" graphics

I'd say it's likely your cable or the port on the card. Try another cable. That card should be able to run it. I'm still on 7970ge 6gb/280x 6gb crossfire and I'm able to run triple vg248qe.

Also, don't forget to calibrate the monitor and install an Asus VG24qe ICC/ICM profile. The color is shit out of the box. Google a guide for it.

use a different displayport slot
have a similar issue with my r9 390 (sapphire) and ive noticed that pretty much all the 390's do it too
x2 dp ports work fine x1 is fucked. at least for 144Hz they are

>monitor
>drivers

what in the fuck?

also youre an idiot for not buying a freesync monitor instead

That the one plugged into the I BUY POWER display? I fixed it by air dusting the ports on the monitor and the computer. No joke.

Or maybe you want more vertical screen to do something other than screech over discord with your other loser neet friends.

1440 is for adults

Is there any reason to upgrade to a RX 480 from a R9 290X?

>asus monitor

AMD *LITERALLY* can't handle 144hz
bump it down to 120hz

Find me a freesync 144hz monitor sub 190 USD.

Could be some sort of cable/connector issue too, I'd say try out a different cable too, though if only the top part is having issues it could also be the monitor. Does it happen at lower refresh rate too?

No