Hay Sup Forums

hay Sup Forums

I bought an ATX motherboard, installed in a non-atx case with 4 instead of 6 standoffs.

Works fine. Should i be worried about shorts or anything that would affect the functionality of the pc if its missing one standoff at the bottom?

my non-atx case can only allow for one of the two on the ATX mobo

i got dubs please respond

Were there not holes down at the bottom for screwing in more standoffs? An ATX motherboard isn't going to fit in a MicroATX or ITX case.

there was one. on the connections side of the mobo, but its a pretty big case. do you want pics?

yeah

nice trips.

bottom right is the one where the case allows for a standoff that I could buy but didnt have readily available. the bottom left doesnt have anything that allows for a standoff underneath it.

self bump

If you don't move the pc too much you would be fine.

are you sure? this is a gift and i really dont want to fuck it up. it was expensive yo

>2016
>no cable management

You filthy fucking animal.

chill out dude
its for a girl lmao

RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW NORMIE GET OUT

>girl
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i like how nobody answered my question and proceeded to shitpost

That's an ITX motherboard in an ATX case.

It will inevitably short after some time if you don't have the mobo properly seated. So yes this is a problem.

some time?

both standoffs?

to what extent will it short?

drill an extra hole for motherboard stability

I like how you think you're entitled to an answer, NORMIE

will components in the board stop working first or will the board just die

epic dude

Honestly, it's probably fine. The bottom of the motherboard is not touching the case at all, correct? I'm assuming the space/gap is large enough that the only way it would make contact is if you pushed the bottom of it so hard that you risk cracking it. If that's true, youre fine.

If it is close, and could possibly make contact, it's fucked. Replace the case or motherboard

Oh, is that what causes it to short?

Yeah, its not touching the case at all other than the standoff contacts. Its pretty stable. The biggest thing is the video card and it sits right on top of the standoffs so its pretty stable.

Thanks for your input. I cant help but worry though.