I got a $100 gift card to amazon from my boss. Was considering a Pebble time steel...

I got a $100 gift card to amazon from my boss. Was considering a Pebble time steel. Any reason not to get this and possible alternatives if you decide that I'm a faggot for even suggesting such an item.

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/apple_watch
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Analog watch and a dildo.

Why would you buy a product from a company that no longer exists? You're just asking to get a paperweight sooner or later.

Everything ends up as a paper weight... Idk what else to get? Any suggestions for the $200 range?

F-91W

>Any reason not to get this
Smartwatches are overpriced gimmicks. If you REALLY want one for notifications just get something fairly cheap like a Sony Smartwatch 3. It's gonna be a couple of years before smartwatches are worthwhile.

>everything ends up as a paperweight
True, but it'll probably happen faster with pebble since they got bought.
>200$ range
ZenWatch 2 looks nice.

Thank you. I don't really need a smart watch. Ended up with a gift certificate I wasn't expecting at all. I'm open to buying something useful. I've bought pretty much everything else tech related I need.

Isn't Fitbit still looking at maintaining the Pebble ecosystem?

They claim to be.

A refurbished apple watch
>apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/apple_watch

pebble is dead lol
the company died

They were bought by Fitbit.

Who plans to shut down the service end of 2017 and have nulled all warranties.

Just bought one and I'm liking it, but I've been using pebble's products for years. It's too bad this is the end of the line. Damn fitbit cunts. They're good smartwatches for people who don't need a second phone, like most android wear devices attempt to be.

I picked one up (regular Time for $80 with same day shipping). They're pretty cool and get way better battery life than any other watch you'll find.

If you don't want to own one from a defunct company your best bet is probably the ZenWatch 2.

smartwatches that cost more than $20 are mostly gimmicks. you can even get an entire gsm watch for this price. anything over and you're paying for marketing

Pebble just went kill. Wait 2 months and get it for 20$

Just went from Pebble Classic to Zenwatch 2, I still alternate between the two and have both synced to my phone at once.

Is it worth it going for Pebble2? I got the Zenwatch mostly because I was looking for the P2 and found the Asus for $100.

Fitbit Blaze

don't know the zenwatch 2, i had the pebble classic, pebble time and currently have the pebble 2 HR and it's the best one of the three. Considering that you are still alternating the two smartwacthes I presume you are not yet comfortable without the pebble (i know that feel), but keep in mind that fitbit will gradually decrease the software support starting 2018.
also, nice laptop

Pebble is kill

The only reason I'm replacing the Pebb is because I may have burned out the rumble motor using it as a multiple-stage alarm clock. Now it just makes a loud rattle.