Is there any way to side step the javaScript concept ovarload / framework insanity?

Is there any way to side step the javaScript concept ovarload / framework insanity?

for reference half the tutorials reference a set of npm cli commands that depend on some remote stuff that doesn't even work anymore, how flimsy is this for a language?

for this reason I don't want to ever use package managers again if I could and just use plain files and configuration.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_JavaScript_frameworks
github.com/bibanon/bibanon/wiki/world2ch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that pic is the life of so many people today.

your pic hits me hard every fucking damn time. I even saved it, just to look at it from time to time. this chan was one of the best I have ever seen so far and I am there since the old days of gazou bbs.... damn I sometimes miss textboards and how RIR6 fucked us all over buy programming on the real productionsystem and not having backups and how we still found ways to post by using our own html-files locally that send POST requests to the server. holy shit.

by* (not buy)

The manga is ReLife

I wish I had a life with a less sad childhood

no shit, everyone does
I need a drug to delete all the bugs from teenage years and remove all mental loops.
I think SSRIs can do this, but I'm not a lab bunny

>I need a drug to delete all the bugs from teenage years and remove all mental loops.
Drink bleach, very effective against retards who can't handle their life

mfw when I see dumb frog

I like how the older she gets, the more bitter and apathetic she gets.

>mfw when

>tfw pic perfectly describes me
i feel old

the shiggy diggy doo era was Sup Forums's golden age desu

>implying I ever stopped implying

ISHYGDDT

That manga is a masterpiece

javascript/nodejs is a fucking joke, i hate it so god damn much

there's no thinking thorugh anything, it's just 'use this random not maintained framework to do shit for you'
and there seems to be very little care at all for security of apps written in it

>mfw when

sauce?!

read the thread

Just write everything yourself. I only use Zepto for DOM access. All other code is "artisanal", as the hipsters would say.

That's the entire point of the image

>gazou bbs
>RIR6

the what?

all i could find was

web.thu.edu

.tw/mike/www/bbs/gazou/gazou.php

SSRIs don't do anything except treat the symptoms of depression by making you feel nothing.
You're supposed to treat the causes while taking them, and then get yourself off them as quickly as possible.

>tfw youthful wonder is gone

Is burn out some genetic thing? Are some people more susceptible to it than others?

>sad
I wonder if sad is worse than empty.

>implying I'm not still on the smug second stage

Why do people need a framework for Javascript anyway?

>place cookie
>ad rotator
>image gallery
>password strenght check
phew, now you know all you should be doing in Javascript.

You mean using plain JS instead of something like Angular or React?

Surely you would at least permit the use of jQuery.

jquery is for cowards

jQuery is for anyone who wants cross-browser compatibility.

jquery is a library not a framework

Enjoy your shitty site getting no visitors because it has no features.

whats the original context

So is React.

Also that doesn't stop jQuery from being listed in
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_JavaScript_frameworks

J Cole went double platinum with no features.

Older people are allowed to live through their school years again. The girl in OPs pick is one of them.

Right.

:( i miss 2011 to be honest my cuck family

If you're using JavaScript you've already failed. There's no way around the madness. Either your site is simple enough that it is perfectly functional without JS, or it is so complex that you will ultimately end up creating your own framework and adding it to "JS concept overload" / "framework insanity."

The best thing to do is contribute to getting WebAssembly supported by major browsers so that we can end this madness and compile reasonable languages to a common browser target.

JS is a dead-end, this was obvious the moment that CPUs hit a frequency wall. Computers are only going to get increasingly parallel, and JavaScript relies on a single threaded event loop. (Anything else would break existing code, which is a non-starter for a "web language" ...)

Hope is not lost user: Microsoft cucking everyone into forced upgrades is actually part of the glorious plan to finally make people update their browsers. We can do this, we can replace JavaScript before it's too late!

Me () again

About RIR6:
github.com/bibanon/bibanon/wiki/world2ch

Actually if you are interested you should read most of the history-stuff from the bibanon.
Some of the sites mentioned (like some strangeworld sites and even "@honten" are still online. I can't reach honten because they block all non-japanese IP's (except google translator, with what you can open it and see it.)

All the old sites are now blogs or bloglike. Since pushd.org is offline (gone offline last year, use the waybackmachine (web.archive.org)) it is way harder to find anything.

thanks doc

I can't wait for Web Components to finally be out everywhere.

Fuck those libraries.

>Is there any way to side step the javaScript concept ovarload / framework insanity?

You could always just learn the language and write your own shit as necessary.

>I wish I had a life with a less sad & angry childhood
literally me

>rything yourself. I only u
Op here, I'm not depressed at all , just read some papers that say ssris revert neurons to a more flexible state.
I won't do it because this is too risky, more so than hard stimulants which I stopped using since they are so hard to control it never comes out as worth it in the end.

but I'm interested in research, if this thing can make me stop giving a shit about irrelevant memories that weren't even true when I'm dreaming at night, it might be cool
you know free up your brain for being an actual person and not some wreck. even if you are 50% good

as for JS (op here) , I use jquery and vanilla js, might use node+express , for demo projects, but might as well be forced to learn angular, the thing is its just so annoying, all those npm dev tools that don't install properly all this flimsy foundation that makes you feel bad for investing in it. but got to earn money, I'm qa automation engineer, good job , though I was settling when I got it, but if you are an autist with OK social skills to herd even more autistic devs this is a decent job with nice mobility and stability

obviously you are testing web apps a lot since they break, since they are made with hipstertech

the problem is that you are doing an X hour job and learning the language takes 10X hours and you never use the given features again.

basically this.
to be honest I think we can might as well just ignore old browsers as devs. esp in alpha/beta

but the idea of JS is the future, its just so easy to do UI in it that I won't be surprised that whole operating systems will be written in this and share the overhead , and this will also get hardware support eventually.

JS is not a dead end because German compiler engineers are wizards.

>Computers are only going to get increasingly parallel, and JavaScript relies on a single threaded event loop.
Webworkers. user, you don't even know the (web) platform you are criticizing now...

Also, asm.js is production -ready for years, it gives 50-90% of native perf and webassembly is almost ready.