How do I do everything on my computer anonymously?

I have no intentions on doing anything illegal, I just like my privacy and its my right to have privacy!

My current setup: Win 7, Wired connection only connected when in use, Latest version of the following: TorBrowser, Peerblock always running (free list), and HideMan VPN that uses a 256 bit encryption.

HideMan limits my use by hour. I am open to any suggestions on a better free VPN.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSAKEY
torrentfreak.com/anonymous-vpn-service-provider-review-2015-150228/
opennicproject.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Win 7
Start by abandoning then Microsoft ship

>Win 7,
why even bother with the rest when you base is built on spyware quicksand?

Install Gentoo

>windows
>privacy
>not 4096 bit encryption

Not op but im a newfag and what is the best operating system for privacy?

Templeos

gentoo is the safest GNU/Linux distribution

Tails Linux on disc if possible, Thumb Drive if not.

Any OS that runs from live disk/RAM is a better option.

>Ubuntu
>Porteus
>Parted magic (surprisingly good)
>Lxle
>Puppy

don't listen to shills telling you to go linux, windows 7 is technically safer because it is like hiding in plain sight, it's the most common operating system

Doesn't matter. If your CPU is newer than say 2007-08, then you are already backdoored by Intel's SoC hardware level hypervisor. AMD has something similar.

I think the best way to protect your privacy ( actually is my preferred configuration ) is :
1) Buy bitcoins ( I know it's not user at all ), possibly in cash, otherwise with debit card.
2) Exchange your bitoins on a bitcoin laundry, by using Tor.
3) Send the bitcoin to another anonymous wallet ( on tor ) .
4) Get a NON-free VPN, and be sure that is logless (no log policy) like ivpn or nordvpn...( if multi-hop are present use it ).
5) Never use vpn client with your online account ( gmail, amazon etc..) syncronized.
I don't know if national organizations or security agencies are able to reach your traffic with this configuration but, I think it is more reliable than Tor navigation. If someone have better tip please comment!

ps: TailsOS is a tor-based os, there are many security oriented os.

OP here. Thanks for the advice.

My only issue with abandoning Microsoft is making the leap to Linux without knowing much about the OS. I have computer knowledge but that is only with Microsoft.

How different is Linux when it comes to standard computer operation?

Securitas via obscuritas. Regardless of your activities online, make sure it is low profile and not annoying the wrong people or too many people. You can get away with a long history of shit if you keep it low-profile.

True privacy is incredibly difficult to accomplish.

For a start, you're going to need to drop Windows.
You will probably want to install a Linux distro. Some things to keep in mind:

- UEFI and Intel Management Engine (vPro) may enable a backdoor to your hardware at the firmware level, below and regardless of OS choice.
- Do not use a regular Ubuntu install, it contains packages that report back to Amazon.
- Full disk encryption with additionally LUKS encrypted /home partition and encrypted swap is recommended for permanent installs.
- You will probably want to spoof hardware MAC address on your modem/router, your ISP will collect and keep this information.
- Your ISP will keep records of your IP address allocation, even if you've got a dynamic IP.
- Your VPN will probably also log hardware MAC address, IP address allocation and log TCP/UDP connections
- Therefore, it is advisable to continue using Tor, i2p, etc. and follow best practice (Always use NoScript, never enable Javascript or WebGL, always use HTTPS Everywhere and block all non-encrytped requests.

This list is far from complete. There are known firmware attacks on hard drive SATA controllers, for example. (EQUATION Group)
Of course, you cannot fully verify any firmware or software that you do not have access to the source code for, and even then, it can be backdoored, as demonstrated by the infamous Ken Thompson compiler hack.

In short, you will need to either accept some level of compromise at some point, or no level of compromise at any point, which will require you to build everything yourself, both hardware and software, from the ground up.

Of course, all of this assumes that you don't immediately derp by logging into Facebook once your secure, anonymous connection is up and running.

Kolibri, it's written entirely in FASM assembly language.

If this is freedom, Id rather let the nsa cum in my ass twice a week. Atleast they're the ones putting in the effort that way.

>using an operating system with built-in nsa spyware is the best choice

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSAKEY

You have two routes to go.

One way is to completely abandon internet access and buy a dumbphone.

If you still want internet, you should first remove yourself from commercial software. Forget windows or os x. Use Linux or OpenBSD. Get a VPN provider.

Research: torrentfreak.com/anonymous-vpn-service-provider-review-2015-150228/

Use Tor ontop of your VPN. (Download the browser bundle from a public wifi place, doing so places you on a watchlist).

Use a designated machine for internet access. Use airgaps for all your other computers. Transfer files by offline storage (usb, sata, etc.).

On your internet machine forget javascript or flash. Don't install any plugins or addons to the browser bundle. You don't want to increase your browser fingerprint too much.

Stop using your isp's dns.

Use opennicproject.org/ or something similar.

Cease using google as a search engine or any services. Use startpage. For email, use tutamail or similar. Encrypt with pgp.

And get rid of your smartphone

Solus

>How different is Linux when it comes to standard computer operation?
This is quite possibly one of the most open-ended questions you could have asked. If you're cocoa puffs cereal about understanding your environment, really what you'd want to start with is a copy of Running Linux and to run something relatively friendly like Debian or Ubuntu, plus VM a copy of Windows for the stuff you can't do without (for me that's tax software).

But the long and short of it is that Linux isn't totally alien to Windows but it operates with a different approach to system directories, software management & distribution, and user privileges, plus its commands are different. Also, at least for me, Windows applications were usually policed and maintained by 3rd party groups online; whereas today Microsoft has added a "store" for apps similar to the Android market or Apple. This is similar to a Linux package manager, however your package manager helps to orchestrate your system configuration in addition to what programs you want to download and run.

Running Linux does demand that you be a bit more computer literate than the average user. But really, since you're free to back up and reinstall as much as you'd like, the consequences for fucking your system while learning how to run it are pretty minimal, provided you're prepared.

Some Linux distributions will ask you whether you want to use non-free/non-opensource software. If your goal is total privacy you will not want to use any non-opensource drivers or software, plus anything tied to corporate funbucks.