Best ISP?

in .png related?

Niche ones I haven't heard of are especially welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

b4rn.org.uk/b4rn-service/charges/
cryptome.org/2013/12/Full-Disclosure.pdf
cryptome.org/2013/12/full-disclosure-comments.htm
blog.erratasec.com/2013/12/dod-address-space-its-not-conspiracy.html
cryptome.org/2014/10/BTAgent-cpe-backdoor.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Heard Plusnet is pretty good

>tfw stuck with TalkTalk

Can't get anything else on my street, except BT but fuck them

use plusnet. i'm using it and it's amazing

Which one doesn't care too much if I pirate, Is Virgin still good?

I hope you guys aren't shills like we have in VPN threads.

I'll check out Plusnet/Hyperoptic/Andrews & Arnold/Zen etc. Any others?

Don't really like the mainstream ones that would force a shitty router down your spine or harass you over 'piracy'.

I've never had trouble with virgin, but they're doing up my area, so I used to have connection problems.

Since it was over, it's been fine.

With bt. Use my own router. In 7 years of constant downloading never once received anything but a bill

I'm with zen fibre the exchange is outside my house.

Pros:
I hit 80meg all the time, 90 sometimes.
Static ip
You can host anything you want on the line.
Decent service team
Downloaded and uploaded 100's of GB of data and never had a speed drop or traffic shaping (they don't do this)
Cons:
Sometime randomly disconnects, was told "this is a characteristic of vdsl" which I reckon is horseshit
Router is the biggest pile of shit I have ever used
It's a bit expensive but you get what you pay for I guess

It's like a business line for residential, it's not too bad.

I'm Indian but a UK friend who runs an IXP in UK told me about this:
b4rn.org.uk/b4rn-service/charges/

30 pounds/month 1 gbps community run internet. You just have to pay initial cost to build last mile fiber to the home

And it is rural only

Google Fiber, if they're in your area. They're the only ISP left in the US that won't fuck you over for piracy.

I like virgin media
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by Broadband 4 the Rural North (Manchester) [13.86 km]: 18.414 ms
Testing download speed...............................................................................
.Download: 82.43 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed....................................................................................................
Upload: 11.87 Mbit/s

this is during a time my internet is pretty fucked, on average it's around 150+ dl

Which software gave you this output?? TY

speedtest-cli (github)

I use virgin media
Uncapped with tv and 100 down for like 20 quid a month
Ping: 36.317 ms
Download: 60.94 Mbit/s
Upload: 6.21 Mbit/s

Never had a piracy notice although I only use private trackers

I use EE, it's pretty good.

Oh and I haven't had any issues with pirating, either.

This. On BT with my own personal router and a VPN. Haven't had a single problem.

Had Virgin for like 10 years and I have never got a piracy warning.

Plusnet, John Lewis broadband are best service and are slow to comply with piracy blocking. Virgin media if its available you want to go fast :^)

>tfw 1gbp fibre for £72 per month
>tfw live in bum fuck no where

How the fuck do you get 11 up? These nogs got me on barely 1.

BT
Virgin

That's basically it. Everyone else just uses the above's network infrastructure. And in the long run that matters a lot. Best routers on the market in terms of reliability is BT HomeHubs hands down. Had one for 6 years now, never failed me. I say Virgin because they also have their own engineers and a highly maintained network, also offer dedicated lines to the premises (not fibre though)

You don't want to go for Plusnet. Literally the only companies that actually provide a quality service is BT or Virgin. Everybody else you might see in a shitty clickbait ad online free broadband with line rental are literally parasites that are just using BT infrastructure, and with a shitty Network Access Server usually built on top at the exchange. This means you'll regularly lose internet connection, your traffic will be downscaled due to volume from others, you won't get priority, and when it goes down good like speaking to some teenager faggot from Yorkshire on the phone for 5 hours.

Just go to BT or Virgin. Take it from somebody who has worked with these other "service providers" for 4 years now.

>actually using a home hub

"BTAgent - CPE backdoor

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:00:01 +0100
Subject: BTAgent - CPE backdoor
To: cryptome[at]earthlink.net

I am a British national.

My background is in electronic engineering, embedded systems development on various architectures, and software engineering in C / assembler.

Back in December 2013, you published a series of articles about a "backdoor" discovered in CPE (consumer premises equipment); modem-router devices that are supplied en masse to subscribers of internet services in Britain.

See:

cryptome.org/2013/12/Full-Disclosure.pdf
cryptome.org/2013/12/full-disclosure-comments.htm
blog.erratasec.com/2013/12/dod-address-space-its-not-conspiracy.html

The CPE with that particular backdoor, are the ADSL2 and VDSL2 modem/routers supplied by the "Openreach" division of the incumbent British Telecom. Around ten million of these CPE have to date been supplied to households and businesses.

The same backdoor (dubbed BTAgent) is found in all recent models of BT HomeHub; the MIPS-based BT Business Hubs; and the latest VDSL2 modem-routers: the MIPS-based Huawei HG612 and ECI B-FOCuS V-2Fub/I and /R (both revisions B1 and B2)

These devices are supplied 'free of charge' by British Telecom. Until recently they were installed in the consumer premises by visiting employees or agents of the company itself.

The author/s of those articles you host, above, make reference to two online blogs about this "backdoor" discovery.

cryptome.org/2014/10/BTAgent-cpe-backdoor.htm

>You don't want to go for Plusnet.

why, i use them and find them better than bt.

>parasites that are just using BT infrastructure

which are forced to use it at bumped up rates because bt are not forced to open up the national network which is defacto given to them due to a botched privatization in the 1980s.

>This means you'll regularly lose internet connection, your traffic will be downscaled due to volume from others, you won't get priority,

BT will ensure this will happen through abuse of control given to them sometimes.

but they do it to their own customers 10x worse.

Don't use the fucking router.

plusnet literally is BT with a different name