My nephew wants a gaming computer and he only has 200 usd...

My nephew wants a gaming computer and he only has 200 usd. His parents can not afford Christmas gifts so I gifted him my 2gb 7850 and some headphones to help with the cost. His friend gave him an old 1080 screen as well as a mouse and keyboard. The problem is he don't know which direction to go next and to be honest neither do I. It doesn't need to be pretty, just at least 250 gb hdd and as much cpu as possible to utilize most or all of the 7850's potential. What parts or builds should we be looking at?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZQVw95WVLPs
logicalincrements.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Iz52pi1Y4_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you should have just given him 50 bucks to go buy a ps4/xbox one s

give it back Jamal

Check out this video.
>youtu.be/ZQVw95WVLPs
They basically say how you should go look for old surplus computers, which usually have old i5s or something, and with a decent gpu, can make surprisingly good PC's for gaming.

>still replying to these shitty cpu bait threads
his gaymen computer is really just a fapstation and any games he plays will be a waste of life he could've spent doing something that would genuinely provide happiness or at the very least lead to a happy life for both him and his family
fuck you OP

I'm helping my brother as much as I can atm. I can't justify giving him that money. Either I will suffer for it or they will. Besides, after he gets a console, he will be stuck with what ever game that comes with it for a long long time if any. That's probably why he want's a computer anyway. He's not stupid at all - just poor. My 7850 is the most expensive bit in my machine. It won't sell for anything and its not suitable for him so I just gave him the card.

then go to logical increments and hope for the best

logicalincrements.com/

Is he you're brother or nephew?

Come on OP, if you're going to make shit up at least get your story straight.

Thank you.
My nephew saved 200. My brother is his dad. Do you not know how family works or cant into reading comprehension?

>Your
Inb4 dodging a real answer by just calling out some autocorrect spelling snafu.

CPU $60 AMD 860K
Motherboard $50
RAM 8GB $40
Case Corsair 100R $50
PSU EVGA 500W $40
SSD any brand 240GB $60
Windows 7 64 just pirate it

well that's $300

Why go with 860k? A 50usd mobo cant oc it much. Just go with the athlpn 845 instead

Dell Precision or HP Z workstation on eBay.

you can buy a A88X for $50 and OC the 860K to 4.4ghz

but X4 845 might be better because it'll run cooler and clock for clock it's faster.

He should get an i5 and lots of ram and any HDD+MB to fit all that+source, no case just mount it on the wall.
I would get a second hand i5 pc add more ram and add the 7850

Look on some spare part sites of your country.
Mostly get an old i5 or an q6600 or higher.

You can find i5 2500k's + mobo and RAM for like $150 on craigslist

F20 when?

youtube.com/watch?v=Iz52pi1Y4_o

Maybe your nephew should get a fucking job and not play games.

Maybe Sandy Bridge Core i5 with non-propietary (MSI, Asus etc.) motherboard? Get some cheap EVGA PSU (like 500 White or Bronze, both of them are quite cheap and decent), add 8gb ddr3 nonECC RAM and buy any case that doesn't look like a shit.

Local Recycle Centers/University Surplus/Auctions/etc

Go there yourself first and check out the place, build yourself a cheap machine. Then take the nephew with you and have both of you build one.

You will need to put in some time and it will take you a long way.

If not, then you can simply search craigslist for cheap $50-100 i5-i3/xeon comptuers

Or on the other way: buy some Dell/HP barebone, add some cheap Tier 3 or 4 500W PSU and add some RAM if this PC has less than 8GB of RAM.