/Sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Is it possible to do a clean install with the W10 assistive technology (for disabled people) upgrade?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/5039629/Windows_Tiny7_Unattended_Activated_CD_(x86)_-_eXPerience
gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9
reboot.pro/topic/16383-windows-embedded-standard-7-add-packages-on-a-live-image/
example.com/stupidpage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where do i get office to use kmspico with? which version of office is best? 2013?

Best anti virus? that is free anti virus

What category or type of applications which are relatively simple to develop also make the most money from the Google play store?

I want to work on profitable mobile apps.

I fucked up some drivers and I can't use any USB devices on my windows install, and I can't fix them because I can't use a mouse or keyboard anymore
Wat do
Tried safe mode, that doesn't work either

About every hour my connection will die for 5 or so seconds, it's goddamn annoying if I'm playing a game. It can't be my router because I'm plugged in directly to my modem, so what's going on?

hey guys i'm thinking of creating an app that gathers internet browsing history of everyone that registers to it.

thinking that might interest parents to keep their kids from browsing Sup Forums and other degenerate parts of the web.

also no more self diagnosing and other stuff. what think?

Is it normal for a graphics card to reach upwards of 80-90C? That seems way too fucking hot but I can never get straight answers on cancerous gaming boards so I'm hoping someone on Sup Forums can help me out.

Thats the upper limit at peak.
70-80c is fine

>70-80c is fine
Fuck. That's reassuring but at the same time kind of scary. This graphics card is brand new. It's not high-end or anything but I still can't believe it's reaching the limit of what's acceptable playing games that aren't even that intense with their graphics.

Thanks for the answer anyway.

It's pretty much fine.
In the past some single slot cards like the 8800GT and 9800 would reach 100.

my 8800 would get hot
you can tell it's too hot when it stops working
otherwise, keep going

How do you post code on g in the special code box
like this??

Please respond

is there a PDF reader (besides Adobe reader) that allows you to change the background page colour using the GUI? I know that Sumatra and some others let you do so by editing the config file, but I'm wondering about an option accessible through the GUI.

What does it mean when in an online shop it says the product isn't available online, and only in a retail store?

What wouls the difference be? Do they keep the shitty rma items?

Guys I need help. I used to play Pokemon Go but I have cyanogenmod so I had to use magisk manager to hide my root etc.
I don't play pokemon so I deleted magisk, the problem is that now I can't update cyanogenmod and my phone isn't rooted anymore. I don't know what to do pls halp

I am making a fresh build with a retail copy of windows 7 home premium, but I would like to know if to avoid telemetry all I have to do is avoid some of the 2016 updates / roll ups, or if they went back and changed SP1 to also include it (I heard something like that but it sounds off).

What text editor should I use?

[robably that its not available from the warehouse, and it would be too costly to send it from the store.

If it is a normal product then they will soon stop selling it. Their main warehouse has already run out of the products but stores still have stock to clear.

If it's a more unusual product then they can't or do not want to bother mailing it to you.

Don't use windows if you're worried about NSA collecting your data.

This is stupid questions thread, not shitty questions thread. Which OS are you on? Would you use it for programming, writing documents or do you just want something simple for plaintext files?

I marked one of my skype accounts for deletion. What happens if I delete the email address linked to that account?
Note: the account will take 60 days to delete itself.

My PC doesnt boot with the graphics card connected
It powers on, spins the fans, but no POST, no signal on the monitor, no beeps.
But if i have the grpahic card disconnected it does beep normally.
Is the graphic card dead ?

qt

Is your power supply okay? Have you plugged in the extra power cables? If yes, then your graphics card is very likely dead. Could also be a motherboard issue, but that's unlikely.

If you have a friend and can borrow a graphics card from him then you could test that out too. Just check if it posts or not and then return the card.

Does your modem lose connection too or just your computer? Does this happen all the time or only when you download stuff or play games?

I dunno. She's sort of weird mix between cute asian girl and hot western woman. Doesn't excel in either category. I'd still marry and have five children with her but I've seen much cuter girls on internet.

why is it always so goddamn complicated to isntall python libraries? All I want is numpy, scipy and statstools and while numpy works through pip install, all the others won't ever work for some reason.

I made it work in the past by downloading all of Anaconda but then you have all this shit that you don't use.

Part of me feels retarded but literal evenings spent trying to simply install the fucking things resulted in nothing.

I plugged in the 6 pin connector with a molex to 6pin adapter.
tried the graphics card in 2 PCs
PSU is ok in both
graphics card is completely dead i guess...

How do I make sure that PSU is failling?
I have acquired a really old PC from 2003.
The thing randomly shutdown even when running Live sessions of linux.
I thought it was temp issues, I've cleand the CPU fan and changed the thermal paste, the temps are in 40-50 C.

Any idea?

Case makes a big difference

Did you just imply it was possible to end up with a clean install when you start out with windows?

What razor does Sup Forums recommend.

Why nobody recommends Tiny7?
thepiratebay.org/torrent/5039629/Windows_Tiny7_Unattended_Activated_CD_(x86)_-_eXPerience
If you're using it to run games, why would you need security updates?

Malwarebytes

Yep, it's dead.

Try another PSU. Abuse return policies on local stores or ask your friend if you could borrow one.

If the PSU is old then you might just buy a new one anyways. You'll have to replace the PSU eventually, might as well do it now.

If all you want to do is dualboot into windows for vidya then it's fine, but win10 is better for anyone who wants a full-feature OS. Also win7 doesn't support DX12.

is there a 64bit version?
the only thing i use windows for is 64bit-only

>Try another PSU
Don't have one around.
It is a PSU issue right?
Sudden shutdowns, especially when doing something CPU "intensive".
I've tested the RAM and have run several GPU and CPU benchmarks and nothing happened.

How do I know if it is the mobo?

because it's shit.
Install WES7

Oh, is it 32bit version? Nevermind then, that thing can't run latest games.

64bit windows requires much more RAM and disk space because it has to carry 32-bit libraries in addition to the 64-bit ones. It makes sense that the "tiniest windows build possible" has to be limited to 32-bit only.

Impossible to know for sure. You'll have to replace hardware and see if the problem dissappears.

>win7 doesn't support DX12
Any game worth playing doesn't need DX12.
I just want to use it for eroge and PS.
What for?
>WES7
And use it how if it doesn't support any drivers?

it supports all drivers from win7. Stop spreading FUD, retard.

>What for?
solidworks, 2014 was the last version with a 32bit release

>Impossible to know for sure
It's the mobo isn't it.

>using Windows for embedded system on desktop.
That's high level of autism.

Avast and malwarebytes.

>using keylogger-infested pajeet-tier win7 for TinyDicked retards
Good idea.
Shoot yourself

Go to fries, pick up a bluetooth card a a bluetooth keyboard. Fix the install, then return them.

>keylogger-infested
Prove it.
>pajeet-tier
It's made by eXperince, the same who made MicroXP, a pioneer of the scene.
All of it, when you were sucking milk from your mother's breasts.

DX12 is not mandatory but it'll be important in future as more and more games start to utilize it's features. But if you're not playing latest games then you can pretty much ignore it. Although in that case wine should be good enough for you.

The fun part of retro computing is figuring out which part has failed and trying all kinds of solutions untill you get your system working again. If you don't find this enjoyable then you should toss that thing into a bin and get a 300 dollars PC from craigslist.

>pioneer
>of the scene
kek
>prove it
no nigger, it doesn't work like that. You're advertising this illegal, shitty pajeet-tier os here. You prove it it's 100% clean and safe to use. Otherwise fuck off back to your designated forum.

>Don't use windows if you're worried about NSA collecting your data.
That doesn't really help with the question.

>wine should be good enough
Sadly WINE isn't perfect.
Many eroge refuse to run or can't display the dialog.
And some programs are nearly impossible to run with it.
Even old games.

In terms of changing parts and upgrading with ease, how does an HP Elite book fare against a Thinkpad?

>trying all kinds of solutions
I'm.
That's why I'm asking here.
I've excluded SW issues, RAM and CPU are fine.
HDD isn't the cause since even linux live is having the same issues.
The only thing is either PSU or MOBO.
So how can I tell which one is the cause?
Are there some hallmarks?

while that is true, it's still incredible what Wine can do/how far it's come

>kek
scriptkidde
>You prove it
You brought up you boong.
You do it.

You're a fucking idiot.
To every single underaged retard on Sup Forums who wants to use this Tiny7 bullshit keep this in mind: WES7 is a lot better, it's 100% official Microsoft product with no hidden telemetry, no activation and a nice installer which lets you install only the parts of OS you need/want.
Tiny7 and all other shitty abominations are made by pajeets to steal your data. Avoid it at all costs.

HP elitepad in great condition with its dock for 175$.
Does it worth buying it?

In theory you should be safe as long as you avoid or uninstall couple of suspicious updates. gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9 this one seems to be a pretty good list of them.

But you have no way of knowing for sure that your system has no backdoors or data collection. Some might've been there since release and some could be bundled with other updates. Your only hope is to use some Linux or BSD and just blindly trust that the OSS community can spot malicious code suggestions.

PSU issues are usually more consistent: It'll shut down when X happens and you can reproduce the issue easily by repeating that. Mobo problems are often more random.

So if it shuts down every time you try to do something resource intensive I'd blame PSU. But if it sometimes works flawlessly and other times can't even handle light loads then mobo issues seem more likely.

But again, impossible to tell without replacing hardware and testing.

>Windows
>no hidden telemetry
TOP KEK.
>WES7
Your that guy that keeps making /poz/ threads right?

No, I'm not. But I have experience with this OS and I'm very satisfied running it on my home server.

I accidentally deleted a video file off my Note 5?

Any relevant recovery software that actually works and is free (or cracked)?

gentoo and gnu coreutils

>It'll shut down when X happens
This might be related.
Whenever I used the PS/2 mouse, the OS (linux or windows) would freeze then shutdown.

I have switched to a USB mouse the shutdown still occurred but only when doing something intensive, like opening MS word and adobe reader and printing it.

If left alone it won't shutdown.

The PSU is powering the mobo/ case fan/ 2 optic drives/ HDD/ floppy disk.

Would removing some of those optic drives help?
Or does it only draw power when it's being used?

WES7 is a meme OS.
It's like arch for MS.

pls respond, I will post memes

You can do that with any win7 upgrade disc. Bootstrapping has been a thing for a long time

Chinkpad are easier.
The CPU isn't wielded.

Elaborate.

Anyone familiar with installing hybrid graphics drivers on debian or ubuntu? Don't really consider myself a dumb tech person, but ive tried just about everything to get my old alienware laptop with ati 6970m graphics working again on linux. Used to work back in the day, but almost every OS doesnt work for it anymore trying to use the gpu. Bios testing says the card is fine, so im lost on what the problem could be. Any ideas?

typical.

WES in general are for embedded systems.
Things like large stationary installations like traffic lights, factory controllers, and largely complex systems like hybrid vehicles, MRI, and avionics.
Where your resources are limited and not all of the features that are provided in normal Windows OS installation will be needed.
With many times little or no peripheral are needed, and for hardware that will have it's own propriety drivers.

I work at a hospital, for example, MRI machine is running Win7, and have there own software to control the machine, and even their own file explorer, there are no USB ports, only a propriety mouse port and optical drive that uses propriety cable.

Arch encourage the KISS philosophy while it's fine for embedded systems it's not suitable for desktops.

Is a Intel Pentium G4400 (3.3 GHz, LGA1151, Dual-core) CPU good enough to watch sports streams at 1080p?

I'm putting together a PC for my father because his laptop lags, and it's not the connection because he tried with my brother's laptop in his house and it was smooth.

I've only built one pc before so I'm going by what's in logicalincrements . com

i gotta practice doing circuits and basic electronics and shit, but i don't want to give money to chinks for components and tools.

what's a good sim that i can get for free or "free"?
i value simple and easy to use over having all the professionalf eatures.

>buhuu wes7 is for different applications!
How does it make it unusable on consumer computers? Are you fucking dumb?
it's like crying over linux belonging to servers and routers, so it cannot be used on desktops.
WES7 takes about 2GiB of storage space after fresh install and only 200MiB of RAM after startup. Windows 7 takes ~20GiB (with hib and pagefile disabled, system restore disabled), it has telememetry, WAT (constant home-calling), it uses about 900MiB of RAM after startup and it sucks on battery power.
It's a good enough reason to install WES7, especially since it's modular and you can add/remove system-critical compotents on the go (like, for example remove GUI and then re-add it)

>it's like crying over linux belonging to servers and routers
Linux DO belong to servers and routers.
Desktop linux was a mistake, from ubuntu to soulos are just a failed attempts in the direction of creating desktop linux.
>modular
No it isn't.
You're just removing features that intended to be used if you need them.
That's why you need another host to create the system image.

Optical drives consume less than 5 watts when idle, which is roughly the same consumption as a spinning case fan. So you can try unplugging them and the floppy drive but you won't see much of an impact.

>Whenever I used the PS/2 mouse, the OS (linux or windows) would freeze then shutdown.
>I have switched to a USB mouse the shutdown still occurred but only when doing something intensive
Could be related: PS/2 is interrupt-based while USB uses polling.

Yes, it's fine for light use like that.

also
>WES7 has extended support, so enjoy having actual updates via windows update
>is much more stable and reliable
>has all Win7 ultimate functionality, minus botnet part
>is safe, unlike pajeet-tier compilations
And if you're too dumb to go through the installation part, where you have to choose which system components you want then maybe you should stick with homOSeX or something, faggot?

You dumb incompetent nigger.
reboot.pro/topic/16383-windows-embedded-standard-7-add-packages-on-a-live-image/
>You don't need to re-build the WES7 image from scratch.
You don't even have to build an image like a dumb cunt you are. Just just install it like normal Win7.

what's a good repair program for getting rid of dead pixels/black spots on your monitor?

>Could be related
So it's a mobo issue?
Even so saving 10 W should be a good things, since I have no why of telling how much does the PSU is actually generating.

you cannot get rid of hardware faults with software.

>buhuu too complicated to me, let's buy a mac!

Is there a way to use Razer Synapse to pull a piece of text from a text file to paste it?
I wanna be a huge faggot that has "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" in a text file somewhere, and want Synapse to pull that from the text file without needing to set a macro of "ctrl-v" on it's own, while keeping the thing copied.
If it is possible, anyone able to help out?
>inb4 faggot for using razer
I'm a faggot for more than razer, dicks are great

I'm arguing with a true boong.
Good day to you sir, you're wasting my time and wasting this thread.

what's a recommended graphics card to get for supporting a dual monitor setup?

Ohio Gee.

This is my stupid question:
Is Qubes OS a honeypot?

I'm not a robot, I promise.

if regular use, mostly anything
if gayming, probably anything released in the past 2-3 years

I have 2, planning on 3, running on a GTX 750 Ti

No payment for you this month, pajeet.
Get back to your lair.

Suggestively, a card that has multiple ports for graphics cables (HDMI, DVI, VGA, etc)

not really into games, working with sai/photoshop/toon boom and maya mostly.

How do I block a single page with firefox?

example.com/stupidpage

I accidentally deleted a video file off my Note 5?

Any relevant recovery software that actually works and is free (or cracked)?

Nope.
Unless you have root access and install photorec but by then you'd probably removed any methods of restoring it.
And since Android is using MDP you can't just hook it up and use an external PC, not with the current kernel you have.

You should have used a trash application.

You are better off with downloading the video again.
Unless if it was saved to SDcard then you may have a slim chance.

Which programing language is good for a beginner like me?

How a cluster work?

I have been having problems with one of the svchost processes taking up 5+GB of ram that never seems to get released. Assuming this is a memory leak?

I'd start tweezing services but black viper is down and I don't want to fuck with things.

open up resource monitor

This.

So computer rafeon is rather bad how to get back catalyst control center

Doesn't show me much of note other than specifying its svchost.exe (netsvcs). It was 5gb around 24 hours ago, haven't rebooted since.

If I do it usually is fine and then randomly takes a shit ton of ram again.