2016 is the last year of flat meme

2016 is the last year of flat meme.
It's time to get on the next level.

Other urls found in this thread:

material.io/guidelines/
google.github.io/styleguide/htmlcssguide.xml
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What comes after flat? Do we regress back to 2007esque glossyshit?

First for skeuomorphism again

UIs are the only place i can say that 3D > 2D

>alarms slide to the left
>"oh, they went to the left"
>swipe right, nothing happens
cool UI, why animate shit if it doesn't even mean anything?

God no.

Glass ftw

didn't you make this thread a few days ago?

"Flat Design" a.k.a. Modernist graphic design has existed outside the digital realm forever.

we need to go flatter

we have to go back

That's pretty cute

Material Design is actually the best design language yet, given developers adhere to Google's design guidelines.

>Google's design guidelines
This is legit the only reason Sup Forums hates it. It has Google's name on it.

That said, you're right, but that can apply to anything.
>As long as they do it right, it's the best thing there is.

Microsoft did it first and better.

>flat with shadows
That's how it was supposed to be. Old designs were making clickable things 3d-ish, material was less intuitive due to the lack of volume.

How do you go even flatter?

>and better

Microsoft did it first, but definitely not better.

material.io/guidelines/

Yes, I know about Google's Guidelines on Material Design.
That said, not all of their guidelines are all that great.

For example, their HTML/CSS styleguide:
google.github.io/styleguide/htmlcssguide.xml

They tell you to omit as many tags as HTML5 allows. Like, fucking Christ.

Saving money, saving bytes
Qed.

Moe
Larry
Curly

Income
Taxes

$ 5.00
$ 4.50

I didn't even know you could DO that, and it terrifies me.

What's your point?

As the digital designers now value content over shiny sparkly presentation, and the maximal legibility of content it's now a fundamental part of digital design and won't go away so soon.

This.
Material/Flat design is a very well thought out concept, that if done right is a million times more intuitive than
>muh wasted space

Because the people setting the requirements for animations aren't UX designers

So modern UIs are made to consume content instead of being productive. Seems about right.

>material
>flat

That infuriates me. Is that doc even going to validate? Even so, why not just use the closing tags for clarity to other devs who will no doubt have to go over your shit at some point?

Minimalism/ "flat" design is a jewish ploy to make us dumber. Things are incredibly easy to look at, and soon the english language will be phased out by emojis, and it will make us more docile and less inclined to think critically. Screencap this.

Do people write raw HTML nowadays?

I wish html looked more like python. Python is beautiful.

Go post it on Reddit, you attention whore.

Spot the Sup Forumsermin

I like buttons that look like buttons. I like things that are detailed enough to know what they are, and specially, to distinguish them. That's all I want.

I don't appreciate how flat everything is these days. I want "iconic" icons. I don't want a fucking circle with a letter.

>I want "iconic" icons

Spiritual design +1

This.
Google's material design is boring and bland. At least Microsoft had an original idea with live tiles in Metro.

I'll actually love this

No, Python is not beautiful. Python is a valley blonde with big fake tits. Sure, they might look good in a sweater, but once you actually get your hands on them you realize that if you move anything around things will break.

Give me some ANSI C cups any day.

>ANSI C
>now
Why? Why not modern C?
I legitimately wonder.

because if I said C cups the joke would go over a lot of peoples heads.

You fucking autist.

It's one of the reasons (though nowhere near the largest) that I ditched windows and went with Mint.

>Flat
>Meme

The Designers Republic made flat the choice of aristocrats for decades now

>Republic
>aristocrats
Doesn't compute.

>the maximal legibility of content

Funny. Flat design leaves me lost in a sea of white where I have a hard time finding the 1 pixel thick, slightly off-white dividing line in my 4k display. But I suppose I'm "using it wrong".

>skeuomorphic design will never be the big again
Why live

I'll kms if that

This is best UI style

>wifi manager on windows 95

Did this exist?

Flat meme was nice enugh 4me. Pls consider returning to to pixel meme afap. Ty bye.

win2k it looks like

256P WHEN?

I disagree. Normally you'd be right but we're comparing let's say python 3 for arguments sake against the HTML/CSS/Javascript of the modern day. The Valley Blond isn't great but put her next to the fat aging whore with too much makeup, a cesarean scar, obvious signs of drug abuse and crossed eyes and the valley blonde starts looking a lot better.

Are you stupid? You could ALWAYS do that, even back on the ancient days.

There's a reason HTML is not the same as XHTML.

this screen needs to go into some vaporware music video

Literally the only problem with material desing is the retarded amount of wasted space.

Remove shadows and elevation

That's hot.

that's Windows 2000, actually

>now value content over shiny sparkly presentation
>this means we should waste as much space as possible

You posted this like five times already in the past two weeks. Take your manlet attention whoring back to

html is cancer and the only cure are s-expressions

next comes floating shit.
by that i mean stuff like the android or win7 app switcher (the one on winkey)
everything will float, shake and react to how you hold your phone/shake it to show how responsive and 4k it is

fucking annoying

Now we remove another dimension

2017 will be the year of the line

1D design.

4d design for space efficiency so good that it literally cannot be fully comprehended by the human mind.

>You could ALWAYS do that
I know HTML allowed you to omit tags to save hard-drive space, but now-a-days every web-server compresses your files before sending them out, so removing every closing tag, and thus sacrificing readability, just sounds like a stupid thing to do.

It's probably just that I'm fond of xHTML's strictness.

Second. Only reason flat was shilled was because it's cheap (as in money) to design. Good design (which skeuomorphism tends to enforce by, well, design) costs money.

>They tell you to omit as many tags as HTML5 allows
And then dump everything worthwhile into the client-side JS MVC framework of the month while depending on CSS hacks for basic functionality.

Ta-da, what looks minimal on the surface is now bloated, botnet infested cancer that lags like hell on a modern broadband connection.

I have an old Belkin wireless G PCI card that *supposedly* supports Windows 95.

no

I think it's time to transition into a more 3d esque UI.

Not like shit like before like iPhones but man I missed nice looking 3d UI like HTC like One V and such

We have all the power in our phones to have beaitiful ui's but we settle for less.

I miss timescape UI by Sony (not the lag though)

I'm pretty confident that headset based 3D UIs will be commonplace in about 10 years

even glossyshit was better

>piss background when pressing the button
Jesus christ

ITT people thinking material is flat because it doesn't use gradients

Material is clearly not volumetric.

yea, they have a kind of drop shadow, but it looks more like layered paper, where buttons in win9x actually look like real physical buttons

When you've hit rock bottom, the only way is up

I do like the classic themes for Windows and some older systems, because of those gradients. The use of grey colors instead of fully white I really dig, and also that they do look like real buttons that you're pressing. They have a depth to it.

It's not the equivalent, but I still like physical buttons more than touchscreen buttons for certain tasks.

Write Jade.

Read