Tell me why Sup Forums hates AMD products so much? Generally curious. Also tell me why NvidiaTel is better

Tell me why Sup Forums hates AMD products so much? Generally curious. Also tell me why NvidiaTel is better.

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=378,373,370&sort=a8&page=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For your first question, the answer is autism. For your second question Shill

garbage gpu support for gnu/linux.
garbage to the point where open source radeon drivers written by a bunch of neckbeards in their basements are superior to the ones conceived by amd """"""""""""""""""""'engineers""""""""""""""""""""""

I dont hate AMD.In fact I wish AMD made gpus that were as good as the top end nvidia ones.
In a perfect world there would be about 6 companies all vying for the top manufacturer instead of the two we have.

Because we live in cold basements and Nvidia functions well as a heater.

>""""""""""""""""""""'engineers""""""""""""""""""""""
>this """ bullshit
Fucking kill yourself you memespouting nigger. I hope you get cancer and that if you have children, they all die in their infancy or their childhood, leaving you alone and cursing your fate for the rest of your life.

woah woah buddy cease with the edge or you'll hurt yourself.

buttblasted amd nigger lmao

Not even an AMD faggot, I'm just tired of you dickless faggots spouting retarded newfag memes instead of saying any substantial thing. Castration is the way to go for you underage faggots.

>Sup Forums is one person

Come on have you seen all these AMD shills since Ryzen was announced? Lots of people here hate Nvidia. In the end , everyone is wrong for taking a side.

i think you're confusing "hate" with acknowledging they're inferior products

>hurling massive insults instead of trying to refute his point
AMD shills everyone

This is what i mean. Of course something cheaper is usually bound to being somewhat inferior. Looking at it from ALL perspectives, windows users and budget concious people included, why do you consider AMD products inferior? Is there any substance to what youre saying or are you just on Nvidias dick.

this desu

AMD loves to hype their stuff up as better than the competition every time when at the end of the day it ends up being lackluster in comparison to the promises they give

They surely loved going on about how crossfiring two of their cards certainly beat one of the other person's cards in Dx12 without giving any more details so to show just how much they were stressing each card out. They also surely loved to show how much they could gimp an """overclocked""" 6700K to show just how good their Ryzen processor is at software (CPU) encoding without even giving their streaming setup beyond "this uses [processor]"

Surely a market exists for people who want budget hardware and AMD fills that niche rather well, but rather than selling themselves as a budget brand they try to sell you snake oil instead

This is what i was looking for, thanks. From what i read its also lack of support for OS that arent windows. Theres nothing inherently "wrong" with AMD, they just make products that dont suit the needs for a lot of people on Sup Forums. Dont know why everyone is so childish and elite about it though.

But you are already acknowledging they are "somewhat inferior".
They ARE objectively inferior. You don't need my opinion, you just need to look at the benchmarks.

Does that mean I think they have no place in the market? Of course not, they're cheap(er) and the performance is more than enough for plenty of people.

Yeah i mean i agree with what youre saying but

>acknowledging that they are inferior

For most people on Sup Forums is usually just a vortex of hate and abuse so........

>Sup Forums is usually just a vortex of hate and abuse
FTFY

>garbage gpu support for gnu/linux
What year is this, 2010?

driver cpu overhead and bad perf/w. also, firing american engineers for the purposes of hiring h1b indians.

Yeah hahaha fuck my mistake

AMD is better for budget.
Nvidia is better for quality.
AMD spends a lot more time on marketing lately and are getting desperate.
It's annoying. But I just stick with AMD
It gets me over 144 fps on OW maxed and I'm a piece of shit and don't do much else to strain my computer so it's fine by me.

>AMD is better for budget.

not in most of the world. uk here and they're both literally the same price with nvidia aib's being very slightly cheaper on average. there's just no reason to go with amd when they're at the same price point.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=378,373,370&sort=a8&page=1

Is the price of hardware expensive in the UK? Im moving to London in 3 weeks from Australia. Is it just as bad over there as it is over here?

>Is it just as bad over there as it is over here?

i don't know how bad it is down under but it's not that great here. prices have been going up in general due to brexit but even before that prices were still extortionate compared to US prices. i think the UK is still a bit cheaper than mainland Europe though so it's not all bad.

Because I personally got fucking burned by shitty AMD products before (280x here) and it just so happens that number of people who like me got burned by AMD garbage outnumbers people who got burned by an Nvidia product 10 to 1.

>someone says a 280x was a bad purchase

It was a great card for the price, just what the hell did you expect it to do?

>Random Sup Forums-tard talking big about engineering

Most of nVidia and Intels R&D is spent shilling on Sup Forums

no, just most shit boards
other prides themselves in being above the seas of shit, see /tg/

Nvidia is better because everyone uses cuda instead of opencl.
And I hate AMD because they are terrible at writing drivers. Had to switch away from arch on my media desktop because the new X versions doesn't work with the drivers and nobody from AMD cares about old hardware they released.

Unrelated to OP, but are AMD cards an okay choice? I'm in the market for a new card and monitor, but I don't wanna pay that absurd g-sync markup. Looking for an AMD card to surpass my GTX 970 and achieve 144Hz at 1080p or 100FPS at 1440p.

>AMD is for budget
In Germany the 1060 6GB costs as much or sometimes even less then the rx480 8GB

Stuff here is taxed to hell and back, so it doesn't really make a difference in price. Importing is cheaper as long as customs doesn't get you.

This, so much this. EU is literally Nvidia only. We used to have AMD fanboys back in 4xxx/5xxx series when those cards were waay cheaper than Nvidia counterparts but those days are long gone. Nobody in here buys AMD since 2xx series.

is that some sort of opengl minecraft?

Mate i dont know what it is to be honest

Its probably a "high res" texturepack