Comfiest tech job?

What is the comfiest tech job, and why is it IT?
>relaxed schedule
>flexible hours
>nice mix of regular end-user jobs and enterprise contracts
>customers think you're a wizard or some shit, almost always appreciative
>travel expenses covered by contractor
>get to service sick data centers
>no uniform
>independence from strict management structures
>bomb pay (charge $80-100 to work with low overhead costs)
>pajeets can't into actual face-to-face support
>easy branching to specialized managerial positions if you ever feel like it

I will never understand the meme that IT is bad. It's a cozy job with basically no stress and lots of experience gain.

Alternative comfy-tier jobs include sysadmin and meme programming in a loft office with a free beer tap

Pic unrelated

What do you mean by IT? You know that's a large category of jobs right? The top tier job in IT is software development btw

>bump
I need to know that as well

Field Technician. I would never dare including help desk in the category of "comfy"

>get in at 2 PM
>drop an email about something I may or may not have done today around 8 PM
>everyone praises me for the work I do
Easy money senpai. I'm just lucky the first shift guy is too fucking stupid to know how to fix trivial shit.

"IT" can refer to literally any tech job

Ducat did nothing wrong.

>he doesn't work NOC

Literally getting paid immense amounts of money to play video games and watch movies. I only work when something breaks - which isn't often. I haven't done any work in weeks now.

>working help desk now

End my life. I don't even take a ton of calls but dread each one and it seems to take forever for anything to actually get fixed, and it invariably breaks again for arcane reasons no one can explain.

From what I hear sysadmin is the comfiest job -- you just automate everything and sit back and don't do anything 99% of your hours.
I'm a software engineer and it's pretty cozy compared to other fields but I still have to do actual work almost all of the time I'm at work.

>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seems validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer

You are also free to voice your opinion on the nicest tech job, friend :^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

It's caret

;—)

I had a pretty comfy job for a while doing all the IT stuff for a small chain of retail stores. We had 4 stores spread over 2 states, and I only worked when something went wrong.

When I first got the position I was working quite a bit, doing a full transition to new inventory management and point of sale software company wide. Once I got everything set up and working well, I mostly shitposted and played videogames in my office.

I had a literal basement office, but I had about 800sqft to myself and because everyone else in the company was completely tech illiterate I wasn't even really accountable to anyone.

Too bad the cheap ass owner only paid me $24k a year. Now I'm in insurance making $35k but it's shit. I want to get back into IT.

Le bumpo

Sysadmin, devops, build engineer, or infosec/net admin.

Im a systems engineer right now basically doing a mix of all of the above.

Lots of automation and fixing dev errors on check-in and fixing config files. Infosec and reviews for firewalls/PCI audits. Tool building in .net or powershell.

The only thing that sucks is being oncall 24/7 basically. Gives more reason to automate/integrate. Pay is decent at 120k.

Friendly reminder DS9 is the GOAT Trek

Sysadmin at a big slow moving corporate
Run unix machines like it's still the late 90s
Management still don't understand the cloud and have no interest in devops or nodejs or any other meme technology

I'm a codemonkey but unless there's a deadline it's all comfy. I wish I could talk to people better though.

I've been doing engineering research and it's pretty dope.
>40 hrs/week with 4 weeks paid vacation every year
>as long as I worked 40 hrs/week it doesn't how much on which day or what time I come in
>government and private contracts
>customers think you're a wizard or some shit, almost always appreciative
>wearing a polo and pants isn't so bad
>no micro-management
>great pay
>feel like I can take more pride in my work compared to IT