Steam down

is steam being DDOSed or what is going on? No info at twitter or elsewhere...

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/phantomnations
venturebeat.com/2015/12/30/valve-ddos-cyberattack-caused-the-steam-caching-catastrophe-cachetastrophe/
techworm.net/2016/12/steam-down-phantom-squad-ddos-steam-servers-bring-christmas.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Valve ran out of money and have closed down.

It's called christmas sale

They offered a few years ago L4D2 free forever for who got it on 30-31 December (: I wonder if they do something similar this year as well.

Thought it was just me lul; hoping it's the Xmas sale even though I'm poor I have some CS skins to sell.

Haha funny.

This.

Really? That is cool as fuck, I would be happy if they did that. Maybe with there games like Portal and Half Life 1 and 2.

the 486 running the steam services is being upgraded to a pentium

How do you know?

Does this mean 128 tick servers?

lol you're retarded It's not because of the christmas sale, it's a DDoS

The store servers are totally unrelated to the steam servers for Dota, CS, log ins, etc.

If the store were down, you could still play games.

It's a DDoS, always happens during winter break.

my dad works at nintendo

Yep, keep an eye on Steam a couple of days before the new year's eve.

mfw Sup Forums on suicide watch

Apparently the Steam datacenters in NA and EU have been attacked by muslim extemists in the name if Allah to prevent the western world playing games during christmas and having a great time.
There are a couple of Twitter users tweeting about this, but the leftist media is not reporting about this deliberately. WTF?!

because it's bullshit, it's most likely some botnet kiddies trying to make a name for themselves like it is every year.

>implying those faggots didn't blow their wad yesterday when the servers were up

i just wanted to play insurgency...

>neets strike again

unconfirmed sources say that an extremist going by the name of samuel hydenstein is behind the attack on the steam datacenter

back to

back to

>Be buying shit
>Hit "Purchase" to finalize
>Steam is kill while my order is being processed
FUGGGGGG :DDDDDDDD
>[deeb goncern intensifies]
IS IT MY FAULT? DID I DEFEAT VALVE?

dont you have phone homescreen/headphones/desktop thread to circlejerk in?

gabe has already bought donuts with your money

Is it even related to Sup Forums?
>inb4 gaymes is technology
Go to Sup Forums you cancer bastard!

Shengyu Yokohama?

a worldwide web service is down. its tech related.

>that game list
Anis Amri, is that you?

But... I didn't get muh DLCz an sheeit. orz
no, is benis

>Tfw struck the final blow to Valve with a $7.75 order

I bet it's some scriptkiddie with Mirai botnet

This, the store servers are independent (and better than the actual game servers); if everything is down, something is happening.

I got it! Some guy toll me her in g.

if i was you i wouldnt be proud of that faggot cart

I was going to play breach league :(

Somebody accidentally spilled gravy on the servers when they had their christmas party.
They tried,but were unable to prevent Gaben from eating the entire datacenter.

Ah yes, proprietary software fucking over the end user. No one heard of that one before! :^)

it is not a DDOS. the site replies instantly, 403 - acces denied.
valve fucked something up.
(most likely the awards thing which did not cycle to the next day's voting thing)

anime website

is the hacker known as Sup Forums behind this attack?

It's been fully unreachable for well over 2 hours now and it's ALL valve services. It's obviously more than a simple configuration or store mess up

shame they're lacking any proper off-steam contact/support things
twitters are dead, so

check the API
it IS reachable.
it just denies your request to do anything.

Valve is not run by retards. They would have fixed it by now if it was a simple configuration issue.

>using DRM

>valve is not run by retards

>valve is not run by retards

Api servers are useless if the main stream servers are under DDOS so they probably just return a 403 because while they might be online, the actual steam servers aren't reachable.

It's fucking forum + images you stupid cunt

Their security was probably breached and they are working to find out how or fix it.

segregated in many boards which do not encourage the discussion of our chink toonz. This being one of them

So much for the internet of shit and big data, 2016 confirmed as the record of DDOS attacks. TECH WHY TECH, solve the foundational problems before going high level.

>raids on low level kiddies increase

Pure placebo

Didn't this guy himself say that without steam Linux would have no AAA games?

>still no proper argument
you're grown man watching "cute" cartoons, that's not wrong. What's wrong is thinking that Sup Forums is >muh safespace
>ree get out normans

enough with that safespace meme, only schooler ameritards use that term

Just waiting on Steam to come back up~

That recent attack on Dyn was caused by a gamer who rented botnets

how am i gonna play dwarf fortress now ?

Nah, he said if you're a manchild who prefer playing games over freedom, at least use your piece of shit DRM on linux, not windows.

Jewben probably shut it down for suprise hl3 reveal

now PC Gayers cant even play their own games

hi
when will steam back?

we don't care about your shitty life, this is Sup Forums and there is no solution to this problem which will just replicate itself, the impact is tremendous, last year the cache leaked customer data and steam has tons of personal info

he's pointing out that when people talk shit about weebs and the weebs say shit like "this is an anime website" and "fucking normies" those weebs are behaving exactly the same way that libtards at colleges do when they demand safe spaces or whatever.

>playing video games past the age of 5
Kill yourself.

not your technical support

They is bein ddosed

twitter.com/phantomnations

Getting triggered by anime is stupid, its easy to differentiate between mentally ill pedo lain posters and people who just watch a lot of anime.

I was just referring to the safespace terminology which is just a meme that doesn't make sense, that incident at yale is way back and not worth recalling even if it was on south park.

let ppl watch anime, we're not here to judge, the issue is that the whole interwebs is relying on such basic vulnerabilities from the 80s that all of the high level tech stuff we're building on is just non-sensical when it's stacked on a house of cards. Banks can lock up their stuff but when you're supposed to be active on a flow, stuff can just shut down; cashless society?

Yup figures

Linux has worse performance on the same hardware. No thanks.

Yep, I found from Sup Forums as well.

>skid
>no proof of attack
>asking for retweets and followers

It's not a DDOS. A DDOS wouldn't knock ALL of their services offline. It's probably some internal server issues. Maybe malware or something.

back to

Not like you can play your games anyway.

Account suspended, that was quick.

>Account suspended

probably an elegant rootkit written by a girl

Twitter is fighting "fake news"

Steam went down last year on Christmas day. It's not a DDoS

I can play offline games until I die.

last year was a DDOS

venturebeat.com/2015/12/30/valve-ddos-cyberattack-caused-the-steam-caching-catastrophe-cachetastrophe/

if they're all installed

It survived the DDoS, the problem was with the cache system they used to mitigate it.

>The games I want to play are online and use steam to auth.
fml

rent more games you homo

Look at DDoS growth over 2016, if the attack scaled up as we've seen a lot this past year, it could be far more than they've ever seen before. The Mirai botnet is no joke

sure, I've nothing against Valve in fact it's one of the most respected companies in the community; rather the trend that we've seen in DDOSes this year, surviving a DDOS isn't sufficient, we'll have much more critically uptime elements that will embed themselves as integral parts of functional society so this just can't go on. Look at the scale and number of attacks this year and that's not even mentioning warfare on a national level which was recently in the news (not Sup Forums).

These DDOS peoples need to grow up and learn how to hack so they can release half-life 3 to the public.

>unironically animeposting

This just came out, it appears to be "Phantom Squad"

techworm.net/2016/12/steam-down-phantom-squad-ddos-steam-servers-bring-christmas.html

I still remember the day I went to my local computer shop to browse the games and they had taken down all the rental floppy disks that were in bags.

T.T

children do not belong in Sup Forums

ikr XD

>lol you're retarded It's not because of the christmas sale, it's a DDoS

no you're retarded it's not a denial of service, their physical server still responds to ping requests:

Pinging steamcommunity.com [184.28.154.34] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 184.28.154.34: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=58
Reply from 184.28.154.34: bytes=32 time=49ms TTL=58
Reply from 184.28.154.34: bytes=32 time=41ms TTL=58

the web and application servers just aren't responding to any requests either because of a bug or maintenance.

MANCHILDREN