/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of fucking March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Lenovo ZUK Edge Official: 86.4% Screen, SD 821, Starts at 2299 Yuan ($330)
gsmarena.com/zuk_edge_official_launches_january_1_snapdragon_821-news-22263.php

Two Nokia flagships leak - a powerhouse and a cameraphone to debut at MWC
gsmarena.com/two_nokia_flagships_leak__a_powerhouse_and_a_cameraphone_to_be_announced_at_mwc-news-22242.php

Google acknowledges the audio issues affecting the Pixel and Pixel XL
phonearena.com/news/Google-acknowledges-the-audio-issues-affecting-the-Pixel-and-Pixel-XL_id89226

Lenovo, ZTE, and others also spotted running Adups OTA spyware
androidauthority.com/lenovo-zte-gionee-running-adups-spyware-737101/

[Deal Alert] Moto G Plus (4th Gen.) Unlocked - 64GB U.S. Warranty - $ 229.99
amzn.com/dp/B01DZJFWXC

[Deal Alert] The Nextbit Robin is $145 on Amazon ($105 off)
amazon.com/Nextbit-Robin-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/dp/B01D9LVCAI

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_prime-8263.php
system-on-a-chip.specout.com/compare/1208-1211/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-625-vs-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-650
gizmochina.com/2016/06/02/snapdragon-625-vs-snapdragon-617-vs-snapdragon-652-first-benchmark-comparison/
s.aliexpress.com/v63yuaYv
phonearena.com/news/MediaTeks-MT6735-SoC-beats-the-Snapdragon-410-chipset-in-benchmark-tests_id68455
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The leaked Nokia phones turned out to be fakes, it's even in the article if you'd bother to read it

Does it matter? this general is dead anyway lmao.

opinions on the redmi 4 prime?

Wrong general

Pros:
Good screen, 1080p
Snapdragon 625
3Gb RAM
32Gb internal memory
2nd sim/SD card slot expandable up to 256Gb
Decent camera
Long battery life (see pic related)

Cons:
Not a scratch resistant screen
Battery is not removable

All phones are chink shit, you're just foolish enough to pay a premium for a brand name.

does the white mi4c suffer from the same discoloration the nexus 5x had?

Fuck off bitch. chinkphones are welcome here always.

First for Xiaomi shilling :^)

The only non manlet phone :^)

4u :^)

Just got my Zuk Z2 in the mail. Pretty great phone desu

Got my z2 pro a couple of days ago and it's great.

How's the camera on your z2?

That photo of the box was taken with the Z2. Anything you want me to test it on? Haven't really used it yet

Guys please go back to your general, there is a reason the /csg/ exists. I don't hate chinese phones and even used to own one myself but this is not the place to discuss them. Shitting up this general will only make the hate for chinese products grow.

I believe a thread dedicated to smartphones is a better place to discuss this than a thread dedicated to Chinese products

In the OP we have
>Chinkphone news
>Recommended Chinkphones
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

Where's the Mi5C?

Nah, how about go fuck yourself.

Lenovo kuk or suk?

Just got it as well, installed CM and its very nice. Only con is the battery life.

How poorly lit would you say the room is?

Have you tried with HDR?

Is that vendor rom or official? There's been a bunch of camera updates so you should try official.

Got any daylight shots to compare it to?

How's battery life? Shouldn't be too bad because of the 3500mAh battery.

I got myself redmi 3 pro half a year ago
my boss checked it out
he ordered redmi 4 pro for his daughter for xmas
I was setting it up a bit

jesus fuck that thing is serious upgrade in quality of feel in hand
both are metal body, but 4 pro feels in hand SO MUCH BETTER its insane
stupid redmi 3 has what I would call flushed backside, while redmi 4 has real edge there

anyway, whats better about redmi 4 pro

>build shape with curved glass
>14nm 625 snapdragon, which gives more performance and eats 30% less power
>fullHD screen though I am like 720p as I dont see pixels, so more battery life and performance when less pixels to drive
>dualband wifi
>down firing speakers instead of back
>dual tone flash for the camera
>smart cover support

good old 4100mAh batter as in all redmis makes it a fucking beast

and do not confuse it with plain redmi 4, without pro, thats just 3 basically
and similarly redmi note 4 is meh, because not using snapdragon but helios for SoC

seriously what can beat redmi 4 pro in price range of 150€

what's the battery like on the huawei y6? some reviews say it's fine while others say it's unusably small.

stupendous shilling friendo. The story, the subtle details on how you got the previous iteration of the product and how you still use it happily but you are amazed on the improvements on the new one somebody else got. I hope you are getting paid properly.

thnx I hope xiaomi will appreciate it, I am literally reaching dozens of people here...
also this is how stupid backside of redmi 3 looks
how the fuck could anyone hold it in hand and approved for production

Yfw he's talking about the Redmi 4 prime.

Which is identical to the Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon 650.

nope
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_prime-8263.php

14nm snapdragon 625 bitches

Pixel owners are retarded.

Yes. And the poster says "redmi 4 pro". A phone that does not exist.

The Snapdragon 650 in a Redmi Note 3 still does perform better than the 652.

I'm more interested in the upcoming Mi S. They are talking about 5 inches or sub 5 inches screen with flagship specs.

>both are metal body, but 4 pro feels in hand SO MUCH BETTER its insane
Really? it's needlessly thicker. 8.9mm vs. 8.5mm and weighs more at 160g.

>sky is blue
>faggots love iphones
>weeaboos are retards

nothing new user.

It's shit and it's old. why are you even considering it.

Redmi 4 pro aka redmi 4 prime

Brilliant shilling my dearest Xiaomi MiMan!
How much we pay you for this? HMMMMMMMM

Pro does not exist. Only Prime.

Just got the v20
Judge me and be as mean as you can as to why I made a poor decision
(499 CAD upfront and 619 over 2 years{5$ per month)

ah, the child yet did not figure out pro/prime thing
that its the same just on different markets, chinese and pajeets use prime
rest of the world uses pro

>The Snapdragon 650 in a Redmi Note 3 still does perform better than the 652.
14nm vs 28nm
har har har

feel in hand was great and just better

I am wondering, why wont faggots at xiaomi put larger batteries in their premium line
why would i ever go for Mi when redmi is good enough?
they dont offer much better stuff in the mi line iMO
if I am going above redmi I am expecting something like OP3 or axon, amoled screen and high tier Soc, IOS and shit...

they send me new tesla automobile for each Sup Forums user that sees it
so like 7 new teslas today only

system-on-a-chip.specout.com/compare/1208-1211/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-625-vs-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-650

625 has more cores, clocked at higher frequency
how did you come up with the idea it performs better?

Hi Pajeet.

nm doesn't affect performance as much as you want to pretend it does

I get it user, I want a decent AMOLED screen. I was thinking on the Zuk Z2 Pro, but I haven't read anything about it here from the anons that got one.
Also 5.5 and above are a fucking abomination, specially when most don't offer that much better battery life.
If Xiaomi or if Sony gets their shit together I will ditch whatever I'm using for a new compact phone.
5" seems to be a good compromise between size and specs.

See pic.
gizmochina.com/2016/06/02/snapdragon-625-vs-snapdragon-617-vs-snapdragon-652-first-benchmark-comparison/

I'm using mine now, AMA.
Haven't had it for long but I'll answer to the best of my knowledge. Been using it for only 2 days.

>nm doesn't affect performance as much as you want to pretend it does
when going for 50% shrink?
sure it does
where did you get the idea that 650 outpefroms new 625?
why do you think 6 cores clocked at 1.8ghz outperform 8 cores at 2ghz?

Different architectures big little, owning phones with 650 and 625 so first-hand experience.

Enjoy your bootloops.

Don't be stupid.
SD625=8 slow Cortex A53 cores.
SD652=6 Cortex A72 cores which are much faster.

SD625 is only better for lower power consumption because it's made on smaller node.

is this your first phone with amoled? hjow do you like the screen so far and how good is with sunlight?
Also read somebody posting here and on xda about random problems with software

it's only like a year and a half old and it's cheap.

But user. M..more cores right? Amd Bulldozer is the best cpu ever and beats skylake.

still better power consumption and far superior battery life
so go play games on your phone now because pajeets like you cant afford PC

Where does oneplus store ship from to Europe? I don't want to be chink-taxed.

Someone tell me why I shouldnt get an Amazon Kindle Fire.

>Snapdragon 210
>2200 mAh
It's a pile of shit you cuckold.

to do what exactly with it?

Eh. Stuck on a [email protected] with a 1060 until Cannonlake comes out. Kaby is a disappointment.

It's absolutely beautiful. My only issue is the dick seller on aliexpress I bought my tempered glass screen protector from sent one too small.

Colors are vivid and great, blacks are perfect and because it's 1080p it looks and performs great.

I'm going to remove the vendor rom and install official today, so I'm not sure if it's safe to comment on software just yet, but everything works like it's supposed to in the vendor rom so if you don't want the hassle of unlocking them it's an alright option too.

Turning brightness up makes or legible and usable in sunlight, but I'm not a huge fan of using my phone in bright sunlight, a habit I picked up since my Nexus 5 would go flat in an hour and a half at that brightness.

Well all i want to do is read pdfs, epubs etc + have some music, amd a decent podcast app.

I'd like to use docs too but im not picky.

Nice to know user. Hope it lives up to everything we've heard. Seems a really good buy. I will keep this in mind if I go for a new phone in the next couple of months.

what's a better phone in the same price range?

Id buy chink phones if they didnt come with those iOS-look-a-like awful looking android skins.

>Nova launcher

Its not just the launcher that is skinned.

Then install a custom rom

so kindle or kobo?

The zuk edge just came out too, I'm interested in the reviews for that, you should probably have a look too.

Here's my home.
Thoughts?
Stock zui, haven't touched, changed, or riced it at all.
no app drawer doesn't bother me because if I'm not going to use the app I'm not going to keep it on my phone to begin with.

Also you could always install a custom launcher or rom.

Plan is 45 cad/month for pic related.
40 a month for 10 months. I get the 6gb lte permanently due to being an existing customer
That's the only thing I heard about it. It's seems to rarely be an issue but thanks for your concern

Yeah nah, id rather buy a phone that I dont have to

Regarding the battery life, I've been using it intensively for about 4 hours and its at 49%. Im used to a 5500mAh phone.

That's really good battery life for only 3500mAh.

Would that last you at least a day though?

Looks like shit.

I can see the shitty iOS-look-a-like design leaking everywhere, I would never use this.

Dont you fags understand that good design is about consistency?

hat is why I like both iOS and Stock android. The apps and the system look the same. Any form of customization only creates inconsistency, and these chink phones are full of it.

Probably. With intensively I mean also unlocking the bootloader, installing custom recovery, and flashing CM. And playing GTA for like 20 minutes, taking some photos, doing 2 benchmarks. But while having the phone connected to my laptop for adb, it charged a bit.

Not really.
Never really cared about design as long as the ui didn't prevent me from easily accessing my applications

Where does oneplus store ship from to Europe? I don't want to be chink-taxed.

>The zuk edge just came out too
thanks user, looks really good too. I will keep an eye on that too.

Im not saying you need to care about it, but I do and that is why I dont buy chinkphones.

Is Honor7 still good? I can get one for free to replace my Lumia535

>tfw 3 RAM phone
>1.6 usable RAM
imma cry

Read the OP and try again.

I really like my p9

I got the Moto z Droid, and I was wondering if there are adapters that allow you to charge and listen to music at the same time? So a splitter of sorts.

Fair enough mate.

Why would you buy a phone that needs dongles to function how you want it to?

>mfw
Absolutely overkill. It's a phone, why do we need more than 1GB?

Because I found it on sale at best buy for less than a chink phone at 120 dollars.

even the cheapest phone on that list in more expensive than the y6. i just want to know from someone who has owned one whether the battery is actually usable.

Doesn't make it a good purchase if the design of the phone itself is an inconvenience.

You can buy cyanide pretty cheap too if you know the right places to look too. Doesn't mean it's worth buying when you're the one who will be eating it.

Fuck you. With your purchase you're telling them you're okay with the removal of vital ports. They'll keep doing it too.
Fuck you faggot.

How much is it and which carrier are you on?

No one deserves to use that device in 2017. I wouldn't wish it on my enemies even.

I thought the same thing, but I had to make a choice between that or a chinkshit phone that isn't guaranteed to work where I live anyhow.

So does a full-spec, flagship phone under 5" simply not exist anymore?

5 inch is as small as it gets with the zuk z2.
If anyone has seen smaller, pls reply.

Also, iPhone 7 is 4.7 inch, isn't it?

It sucks that it's going down like this.

Is it type c? I'm sure there's Chinese adapters if it is. Maybe LeEco might have something?

I looked at the subreddit, and it doesn't appear there is. The solution is for me to get the wireless charging mod but that's another 90 dollars.

A quick Google search confirmed that.
Shit m8, now I feel bad for you.

Maybe try investing in Bluetooth headphones? There's some pretty good ones from bluedio or newbee, I've been looking at for myself, for cheap if you're interested.

$100 nzd, so about $70 us.

what's so bad about it other than the battery? keep in mind i'm looking for a budget phone. it seems acceptable for the price to me, but if i'm going to have to charge it 5 times a day then it's not worth it. so even though the battery specs look bad on paper, i'd like to hear from someone who has real world experience with it.

Get a redmi or oukitel if you want good battery life. Redmi 4 barely costs more and is 4000mAh, or k4000 pro for almost same price for 4600mAh.

>How's battery life?
It should be decent. Mine was at 85% when I got it and after a couple of hours of installing apps and listening to music, I charged it at 50%

A grill just asked me what phone I have because I told her half her emojis weren't coming up. (I have a xiaomi redmi pro3) what do I say?

more ram would make me feel like i got a better deal and look cooler.

Update to marshmallow.

Redmi 4A or HT17 Pro are both much better.

I told my dad my phone has 6GB ram and he called me an idiot

Get the pro cause it's got a bigger battery.

It even has a fully working cm13 rom if you don't like stock rom.

s.aliexpress.com/v63yuaYv

mtk 6735 shits all over the SD210, and even beats out the SD410.
phonearena.com/news/MediaTeks-MT6735-SoC-beats-the-Snapdragon-410-chipset-in-benchmark-tests_id68455

download more emojis.