Decide to try out Bitcoin on Steam

>Decide to try out Bitcoin on Steam
>Buy some Bitcoins
>Buy game on Steam
>"Your purchase is in progress. We are currently waiting for settlement on the bitcoin network. This settlement requires at least one blockchain confirmation and can take several minutes to a few hours."

Is this some sort of fucking joke? I sent the fucking coins. They are not in my wallet anymore. A few hours? Is this for real? It's been 10 minutes now.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Proof-of-Stake-FAQ)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

holy shit you're actually retarded

Why is this funny

OP right now

Yeah? Thats how bitcoin works, dude. You can pay an extra transaction fee to get it in the blockchain faster.

Hashing is not that easy mate

This. If you do like 30c it'll be within 10 minutes.

Yeah, it makes sense if you understand how bitcoin works, but you're right its a bit stupid and really not user friendly. Bitcoin is a half baked idea.

oh yea. your wallet got raided by someone with sha-256 race condition capability

20 minutes now lads

LOVING Bitcoin so far

>2017-0.2
>buying buttcoins

>$900 now

You do realize that Steam is under heavy traffic right now, right?

it's okay friend, you can still join the party

its not too late

>Use a cryptocurrency system that relies on a public blockchain being updated to verify transactions
>WAAAAH WHY ISNT IT INSTANT WAAAAAAAAH

This isn't on Steam though, it's the "blockchain"

Anyway it looks like I can download the game even though the transaction is still pending on my wallet app so it's not as bad as I thought.

I'm starting to get a sneaky feeling that OP just wants to bash BTC by complaining about it. Wew lad, i guess bitcoin's just a meme after all!

tha haaaaxors already took your money.

why would you even do that? I mean, you could have just bought the fucking game directly

If you don't like technology then why are you here?

But how did OP pay for the bitcoin? CC? So not anonymous. And Steam actively collects data on you as given in their privacy policy, so also not anonymous. There's literally no reason to buy bitcoin to use on Steam, other than wasting your time.

sure i do, but adding another unnecessary step is just retarded.
use bitcoin for what it was made for, buying something and staying anonymous dong it

Or to spend your bitcoins

>Decide to try out Bitcoin on Steam
>Buy some Bitcoins
Not in OP's case.

I said I wanted to try Bitcoins. I don't need a reason.

Downloading a wallet, sending with a QR code etc was all new to me.

You can just cutpaste the address

>2016
>Still using the outdated cryptomoney
Ehtereum blocks take less than 10s to be confirmed
(Source: github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Proof-of-Stake-FAQ)

Yeah I had the wallet on my phone so I used QR

>giving money to Valve
>supporting DRM
>using Chinkcoin