Tfw JUST discovered two-finger tap for right click in macOS

>tfw JUST discovered two-finger tap for right click in macOS

Why is macOS so based?

t. iToddler

The rumors are true, holy hell.

yes

So how would you hold right click then left click?

hanst this been a setting in synaptics for like 5 years

Games are for children.

ill tell you.

Im a windows cuck, but Windows 10 is so fucking annoying, that im going to hackintosh in a few days when i buy a used 980ti.

Windows 7 is fucking awesome, but latley osx just looks so much better for me, its like apple is taking what made OSX good and continuing on it, while MS doesnt know wtf they are doing. just look at the control panel /settings menus, like why change control panel at all? it was near perfect.

why add a screen BEFORE login? why not go straight to login?

seriously i can find so many flaws with windows 10, it isnt funny anymore.

Only issue i have with OSX is that finder is useless compared to explorer.

>two-finger tap for right click

>hackintosh

you wont have the full trackpad experience. almost not even worth it

You can two finger tap on windows too right? At least i could on my thinkpad before i installed fedora on it.

>need to "discover" basic features
This is what we call a meme OS.

>hasn't figured out about bettertouchtool

what a pleb

He will if he buys a magic trackpad.

I got one for 30 eurodollars. Worth it, a shame it doesn't work all that well on Windows though.

Any ideas for more gestures?

i hate laptops so fuck the trackpad.

i hate trackpads so fuck the laptop.

using the right corner for right click instead is really dumb

2 swipe side to side to change workspaces

Thats what I set it to after I migrated from windows, but two finger tap is so much better I don't know why I was being retarded

I have 4 finger swipe to sides for that. I forgot to include the normal gestures supported without extra software. Also 4 finger swipe up for mission control

One finger tap/click = left click
Two finger tap = right click
Two finger click = Middle mouse button click
Two finger swipe = Scroll

I had all that set in synaptics, while I was using ubuntu, too bad most windows laptops don't have it.

wow it's the same on my 5 y/o acer. much inovation

>tfw have dedicated right mouse button
thank god i have enough usb ports for this mouse too

Yes, my dell can do it too, but to be frank, this shit was implemented first by Apple (I think the 2005 PowerBook did it first). I love it.

Austim

Now learn keyboard shortcuts and you will be amazed the increase in productivity.

No, you just tap your fingers lightly, two at the same time

works for games too

>needing more than one button
why?

Sad thing is that no other laptop manufacturer can copy apple as well as apple do it, the touchpads are amazing, even if the laptops aint

not trying to start shit here, but would you ever need that outside of video games? i bought my laptop for school, i have my desktop pc for everything else

>finder is useless compared to explorer
i kindly disagree

you do the physical click with the touchpad and tap slightly with two other fingers, both clicks at the same time, works, just tested

i have 3 finger swipe up for mission control, use it all the time for viewing what's open and jumping between multiple windows of single applications

Yeah but it's shit cause it highlights everything you tapped on. Pretty annoying

Welcome to 2009

yes you can do it on Windows, but it depends on driver
and you can also do it on Linux
I don't the big fuss is besides a couple retards that don't know how to use s touchpad

>JUST discovered two-finger tap for right click in macOS
lmao what the fuck mactoddler get out of here quickly

>I just discovered a feature every OS has had for ages
>macOS is so cool guise

OP right now:
>mom look I just discovered how double tapping works :DDDDDD

Ban wincucks and mactoddlers from Sup Forums

3 Finger Swipe Left/Right should be Back/Forward you fool

On my x230 w7 i can do it and yesterday I installed mint on my brother's sl510 and it had that too out of the box

But suddenly you can do that on macs (that don't even have a right button) and it's awesome

But it's nowhere as good as a apple touchpad, you wont get it until you try

Two finger is back/forware, three is switching between desktops/fullscreen apps, works amazing

What about horizontal scrolling?

Depends on where you use it, scrolling video works, scrolling webpages works too, doing a quick swipe instead of scroll will go back/forth.

they arent synaptic touchpads, they are far more responsive and accurate, just a capacitive "touchscreen" on a glass plate

>why add a screen BEFORE login? why not go straight to login?

It's a "lock-screen" for tablets and other shitty touchscreen devices. It serves no purpose on a computer and microcuck should have removed it from the desktop versions.

>TFW when I can enable this by adding a line to a configuration file

Fuck off m8.

>Fuck off m8.
>he uses a synaptic touchpad and tells others to fuck off

tried, lived with iMac and MacBook for a while (used gift)
was good for a while, then installed Gentoo...

Why would you need Linux on a portable machine? Linux isnt really a desktop replacement OS.

A workaround for abomination that is the touchpad. Discrete commands are infinitely better with a keyboard, not your "context menus". Granted, it's not discoverable, but read the fucking manual, and with a proper keyboard-only setup you'll never come back to using mouse/touchpad again. They are better only in some minor and very specific cases.

Too bad macos hotkeys suck though, so you need to use this workaround.

Opinion.

>Why is macOS so based?
Patents. Most if not all laptop producers can make touchpads as good as that if they wanted to, but they don't want to, because they'll be sued to bankruptcy by Apple.

>MacOS
>90% of the laptops have this "Feature"

It's not opinion, its a well known fact, Linux has its uses, but a reliable desktop OS is not one of them. You literally dump everything what makes a shitty macbook even useful and get a less functional piece of shit.

Using Linux as a desktop OS is like driving a bike every morning to work several dozen miles away when cars and busses exist. It's for people who like muh rice and that shit and not actual productivity or use.

no tnx, I like my wrists to be useful 20 years from now

5 Finger tap summons a dildo
5 Finger swap-up activates vibration

windows does that too.

If you are having some problems with your wrists, you're doing something wrong. (and you can have bigger problems with a tounchpad then)

>shortcut keys
>literary have to move hands all the time
>touchpad
>pawn of hand always in the same spot, no wrist movement

wut?

No problems with my wrists, but I have worked with people who worked decades with laptops and using trackpoints and shortcut keys and they all warned me about them, several had real bad wrist problems

>literary have to move hands all the time
That's where you're doing it wrong, found it.

>touchpad
You literally can't use the touchpad with either your hand being in a fixed position or without twisting a thumb/any finger like an autist, especially if you need to combine it with a keyboard. At least not all the time.

>You literally can't use the touchpad wit....
>he dosen't have a macbook

99% of problems with the wrists come from these people not paying attention to their habits. It's applicable to everything that you use for a long time, not just keyboards.

I do and that't the point. Size and multitouch gestures don't matter. And keyboard is almost always superior anyway.

post YFW macfags are so poor their laptops don't even have buttons for left/right click

>having to hold your thumb over a dedicated left click button at all times

To think how amazing a magic trackpad would be on Windows or Linux if there were drivers worth a shite

This thing is the best trackpad you can get on the market period, but only linux has enough support for it to be usable outside of OSX and it's still far more limited (and a little bit laggier).

Too bad Linux sucks as a desktop operating system though... macOS will have to do, no real cons vs Linux

B L A C K E D
A
S
E
D

>It's not opinion, its a well known fact
Ok, please provide evidence. I'm using a Linux distro to post this, but go ahead and tell me how it's non-functional.
>You literally dump everything what makes a shitty macbook even useful and get a less functional piece of shit.
How is it less functional? I can do more things.

>Too bad Linux sucks as a desktop operating system
How?
>no real cons vs Linux
Shit filesystem, file manager can't properly merge 2 folders, older and fewer CLI tools, no centralizer package manager to update your entire system with 1 command.

$100 chromebooks have always had two-finger tap for right click

Apple truly is so innovative. Mr. Jobs would be proud.

5 Finger pentagram swipe opens portal to hell.

>but go ahead and tell me how it's non-functional.
I didn't say it's not functional, don't try to make yourself seem worse, that's pathetic.

It's also no better than macos or windows, nothing you cant do more what you can't already do with them. Except it's more buggy and requires more useless work for the same things.

>How is it less functional? I can do more things.
Really? Like what?
You lose the trackpad, SMC, a lot of other drivers that you have to replace with shitty open source ones that can't compete with Apples one in performance or usability.

>How?
Already said.

>shit filesystem
In what way? It has journaline and automatic defrag, there's no cons with the filesystem, do you have a drive that big that it can't recognize it that you need Linux for it? Oh wait, none of such drives exist.

>can't merge folders
I have an option to merge two folders, what are you talking about, Mac OS Snow Leopard?

>older and fewer CLI tools
Literary can have all the same CLI tools and you can also update any other ones, you need to spend installing and updating them on Linux too, no real difference

>no centralizer package manager
It's called the app store, does entire system updates with one click.
Also there exist several 3rd party package managers like Brew for anything more you would need, with the bonus of it not fucking up your system if you're a newfag.

6 finger mogendavid swipe opens portal to Nibiru.

didn't the magic mouse be able to figure out if you wanted to right click something, i recall this but el capitan doesn't back it up almost as if apple became more stupid then i remembered

>I didn't say it's not functional
>and get a less functional piece of shit.
You said it's not really a desktop OS. Let's stop hiding behing "t-that's not the EXACT word I used" and provide some evidence for this claim, since according to you it's a well-known fact and not an opinion.
>Really? Like what?
Bigger regex standard for scripting is probably the one I notice more at my work, and more cli tools overall.
>SMC
How is it better than the system tools in Linux that you gain?
>a lot of other drivers that you have to replace with shitty open source ones that can't compete with Apples one in performance or usability.
Again, please provide evidence.
>Already said.
No, you didn't. You posted an opinion, said it was a fact and didn't prove it.
>You lose the trackpad
Really? Installing Linux on a mac physically removes the trackpad? Oh my.
>It's called the app store, does entire system updates with one click.
Does not update homebrew packages.
>Also there exist several 3rd party package managers like Brew for anything more you would need, with the bonus of it not fucking up your system if you're a newfag.
Did you miss the part where I can update my entire system with 1 command?
>I have an option to merge two folders, what are you talking about, Mac OS Snow Leopard?
Yosemite, El Cap and Sierra. You can "merge" as in "every conflict is resolved by choosing from the folder you're moving from", it doesn't prompt you for a choice.
>Literary can have all the same CLI tools
Where's wget? Oh right, in third-party repos.
>you need to spend installing and updating them on Linux too
Oh you never used Linux, that explains everything.

Took you long enough, it's been a thing for at least 10 years

People drewling over trackpad functionality are the same as people in Japanese restaurants who insist on eating with sticks.

I'm sure there's some premium sticks out there but we invented cutlery for a reason

I have an idea guys. Let's replace the entire keyboard with a touchpad, and every time you want to type a character, you have to tap the touchpad the number of times that corresponds to the ascii value of the character.

I use Mac OS. It's ok. I can do some light gaming and it's good for work related stuff. I have 2011 model so I can upgrade my RAM and hard drive without a soldering iron. I still use control+one finger tap because trackpads in general are trash and don't always recognize a two finger tap. It's a dumb "feature" in my opinion.

>since according to you it's a well-known fact and not an opinion.
It uses a SERVER and CLIENT architecture for displaying a desktop, get over yourself.

>Bigger regex standard for scripting is probably the one I notice more at my work, and more cli tools overall.
Again, nothing you can't get running on macos

>How is it better than the system tools in Linux that you gain?
It's actually made for the hardware by people who know their shit instead of a bunch a neckbeards in caves

>Again, please provide evidence.
By now I just think you're trolling, graphics, touchpad? Need more?

>You posted an opinion, said it was a fact and didn't prove it.
It's a OS focused on networking, it uses a SERVER CLIENT architecture to display your fucking web browser window. You're more stubborn than a macfag

>Does not update homebrew packages.
It updates the system, homebrew is third party and you update it like that, didn't I already tell you about 3rd party package mangers

>Did you miss the part where I can update my entire system with 1 command?
Yeah, and fuck it up with one command too, gratz, you can't click and type one command instead

>it doesn't prompt you for a choice.
I have a merge option when I hold down the option key, wtf are you even talking about, looks like you don't know much about the subject

>Where's wget? Oh right, in third-party repos.
Your distros repo isn't maintained by neckbeards living with their parents? Sure user, whatever you say

>Oh you never used Linux, that explains everything.
Kek, where do you take that? I just don't use baby distros like Ubuntu, been using Linux for work for about 15 years now, but I still think it's a useless desktop OS only for people with no real use for computers

>I still use control+one finger tap because trackpads in general are trash and don't always recognize a two finger tap.
Don't think I have ever had a problem it not recognizing any gesture or tap, you should change your touchpad, it might be broken or are you talking about a Lenovo laptop or something? Yeah, they have problems with that.

I have an actual MacBook. You should stop shilling. The hardware is just average PC hardware in a nice case anyways.

Look at the video where Louis Rossmann talks about the touchpad of the MacBook, he shows 100 gestures and not a single one fails, he's not even a Apple shill and hates Apple products and touchpads in general.

I owned several MacBooks back in 2008-2012, never had problems, I hate Apple nowadays and I won't ever get a MacBook again nor shill for them.

Most of the hardware is less then average PC shit, but the touchpads are unmatched and protected by patents and not your synaptic type touchpads but capacitive ones. But obviously you're a dumb macfag and don't know that and think your broken touchpad is how it should work.

It's most likely defective then, it should work 99 times out of 100. You might have trouble with other things such as corner clicking for certain actions, but two finger tap should not behave like that. Hell I'm switching between 3 and 5 finger tapping consistently without failure.

>It uses a SERVER and CLIENT architecture for displaying a desktop, get over yourself.
I'm waiting for you to explain to me how this makes it bad for desktop.

>Again, nothing you can't get running on macos
Yes it is. The sed command does not have PHP regex.

>It's actually made for the hardware by people who know their shit instead of a bunch a neckbeards in caves
I asked for proof, not memes and more opinions. If you can't prove your claims, maybe you shouldn't make them.

>It's a OS focused on networking
Fedora 25 Workstation with Gnome desktop is an OS focused on networking? Strange, it doesn't even include a webserver...

>It updates the system, homebrew is third party
System =/= coreutils. If you have packages installed through homebrew, they're a part of your system.
>and you update it like that
Right, and while you're busy running 30 different glorified ruby scripts to update bits and pieces of your system, I do it with a single package manager and zero conflicts. You said "no cons", now you're backtracking.

>Your distros repo isn't maintained by neckbeards living with their parents?
My distro's repo is maintained by Red Hat, user. You're just embarrassing yourself now.

>Yeah, and fuck it up with one command too
Then I can use the GUI updater.

>you can't click and type one command instead
What? I can use the GUI to update through dnf as well, I just prefer using the terminal... It's still a single button that updates EVERY package on my system. There's no equivalent on macOS.

>I have a merge option when I hold down the option key
"The button says merge, so it's a merge!"

>looks like you don't know much about the subject
I'm sorry reading is hard for you, but I detailed very clearly how the behavior was different.

>been using Linux for work for about 15 years now
For someone who's been using Linux for so long, you sure have a very hard time coming up with any flaws that aren't "neckbeard".

Not a single valid argument as usual!

Actually, I think it's a software problem. The trackpad works perfectly under Debian Jessie. In Yosemite and up, it has been glitchy and weird. A reboot usually fixes it. I'm a Macfag, sure, but I'm not stupid and I know that it's probably not the hardware.

See above. Everything works fine except a two finger tap which works about 75-80% of the time.

I have a MacBook from 2009 with Sierra and never changed the touchpad, works great. 99 time out of 100, like user said.

>tfw just discovered my wifi doesn't work when I use USB C for anything

Mine is 2011. It doesn't work. You having one that does work is irrelevant.

I can't upgrade to an iphone 7 because none of my headphones work with it because apparently its a "feature" to remove a headphone jack

You are literally too stupid to Google some of my claims yourself?

You also don't know how brew or Linux package managers work.

Yes, it's a perfect merge, care to give me some proof that it isn't? Oh wait, you can't. While I can easily merge two folders with same name subfolders with different files and they merge perfectly.

Also you seem to miss the point of neckbeard, as in someone who does it as a hobby and the community does the bug reporting and testing.

You are the average Linux fag that lives in desktop threads, I rest my case, people have already enough posts to read from you to have a laugh, I'll go enjoy myself now.

11 "finger" swipe in the shape of a ship in a bottle opens iTunes

>You are literally too stupid to Google some of my claims yourself?
Not even him but holy shit this is hilarious. You're actually asking someone else to prove your claim. If it was apparently so easy to google why are you asking him to do it for you?

i have an android phone because i don't want to watch youtube videos full of ads so i installed adobe flash onto my android and use firefox with adblocking extensions so i never have to be bothered with fucking ads. take that you stupid elitist iphone fucks and enjoy being bombarded with ads

So it's broken, get it now?

>people in a apple thread ask to be spoonfeed
nothing new people, move on! let the retards be

>make a claim
>proof?
>fuck that I'm not spoon feeding you
>ok then its false until you provide proof
>NO ITS TRUE REEEEEEEEEE

according to you, you yourself are too stupid to google your own claims if you're trying to call someone else stupid for not googling it

Except it's not broken. The trackpad works fine under other operating systems. You're either a paid shill or you're just one dense motherfucker.