What's Santa bringing /g

I got myself 1070 gtx strix and a driving rig (wheel, puddles, stand, seat) for forza horizon 3

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/225214/powercolor-outs-unlocked-bios-for-rx-480-red-devil
youtu.be/4nEbpn6NKPQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i don't see the point of retarded consumerism to celebrate the birthday of a kike on a stick so nothing

> Poorfag

got meself a nifty rx 480

even in my poorest times i was probably more wealthy than you after your meme CHRISTMAS SHOPPING SPREE DUDE XD

> Doesn't disagree with fag statement.

i've been here for 10 years, petty insults such as fag meant nothing to me

Got myself a 1070 (Asus dual OC) , not the exact model I wanted but it was 100 yuros off
Really enjoying it. Haven't played any AAA games of the last few years, starting with GTA V and it's been a blast so far

I got myself 1070 as well

>be 21
>live at home during holidays, at university during school year
>parents still asking what i want for xmas
>want either 1440p 144hz monitor, or a 1070
>I know both are out of parents' price range, and even if it wasn't, I'd feel bad about asking for it
>but I can't think of anything cheap
help

Dragon dildo??

gfs getting me a intel nuc (skull canyon), going to use it as a malware analysis machine - also giving me a footjob on camera and anal

i'm stealing this, it's excellent (you) bait

Ask for clothes if you don't want anything. They're cheap and always needed.

Spoken in past tense, acknowledging that the comment cut deep, enjoy your Christmas suicide fag.

Waiting for boxing day sales to maybe buy a 1070.

Gonna buy the 15" touchbar MBP. Even now I don't really think there's an alternative laptop-wise.

No actual technology, but I might be getting a book on Rust. So, that's pretty neat.

>celebrating the birth of jesus christ by buying a product that has "DEVIL" written all over it

you cheeky cunt

Nice bro I just got one too Nvidia FTW

Socks, hopefully.

>powercolor
i hope you have home insurance

the new relive recorder is a great answer to shadowplay though

chocolate, socks, underwear, a sweatshirt, bulk t-shirts, jeans, maybe a soldering iron if you need a new one

got a predator 15

ask for amazon/ newegg/ microcenter gift card

Nothing. He doesnt exist.

>all this 1070 fags

Isn't 1060 for 200€ not sufficient? Never understood the "high-end" fags "muh maxed out gaems" etc.

Probably because you're a poorfag still playing at 720p.

Probably because I rather spend the money going on a nice vacation instead of a worthless piece of junk that will be obsolete in 2 years. Also with 1060 you can max out stuff at 1080p 60 just fine and run stuff on medium with 1440p aswell. It's about being smart here I bet the 970 fags learned it the hard way.

(You)

Noice argument there m9

electric sheep t-shirt

been using the screensaver for a decade now and wanted a tshirt since he started making them. they usually sell out quick

1060 or 1070 are good cards.
However, Asus brand is not good for video card segments. I have got burnt several times, last one was their 960

serious question how old are you? how much do you know about technology? why do you come on Sup Forums? what other boards do you go on? do you think you're a hacker?

Should have got a Sapphire or a MSI, Powercolor is shite.

6700k/GTX 1070 build. Got it all on Black Friday/Cyber Monday though. 6700k was only $220, feels good.

The Strix is actually a good iteration this generation. Even for AMD (shockingly).

Card has an amazing PCB.

Books about the Holy Roman Empire, hopefully.

It died yesterday (what a coincidence) should I bury it in my garden? it was 6 years old and dearly loved family member.

Nothing and I am also alone.
Not poor but just alone. I lost even the joy.

*Tips fedora*

You're right man. The 1070 is a useless card unless you're one of the few people that actually owns 1440p/144Hz. It's just the reddit approved nvidiot card of this generation. is the perfect example. These people have no idea what they're doing.

bought myself a 1070 on black Friday

past few years I've been buying myself all the expensive shit I want around black Friday and asking for stuff that is more reasonably priced for xmas
can't justify asking my family to spend $400 on a monitor or video card

Correct observation about 1060 capability, however, underestimating on the monitor trend.
27" and 30" LCD are already cheap, many people have bought it, so 1080p is no longer a limit for consumer budget

I just don't see any reason to get 1070 so you can play 1440p resolution on ultra when 1060 can do that on high/medium just fine.

Where I live 1060 goes as low as 209€ and 1070 is usually 450€ I mean shieet are those 240€ really worth the negligible graphical difference? And then people make fun of console "gamers" for being dumb.

But if they don't already own a good monitor then they surely don't need a $400 graphics card wasting it's potential in a 1080p/60Hz setup. The monitor should always come first as it will have a much longer shelf life than a graphics card and there is no denying that even though prices are coming down, a good monitor is still going to cost a few hundred dollars. The 1070 isn't even a 4K/Ultra capable gaming card really. It just makes no sense to own one unless you're at 1440p/high refresh rate already.

I just got myself a 2k monitor. COuldn't turn down that Acer monitor that's on sale at Newegg. The only thing I'm worried about now is how long my 1060 can drive it. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

(1) 1060 capability is just "OK" for 1440p
(2) Your region got rip-off with the 240 euro delta pricing for 1070 vs 1060 6GB

"OK" is good enough for my wallet and for those extra 240€ saved I will add a little and get a 2K monitor to enjoy my new GPU with.

You will be surprised that many people have upgraded to large 27"-30" monitor due to the competitive pricing. multi monitors for two panels is no longer needed, an extra push for people who do gaming and work with their PC

>1060
>1440p
Enjoy your 40fps

>everyone in this thread is getting great cards
>I'm barely able to afford a 460

M-merry christmas everyone

techpowerup.com/225214/powercolor-outs-unlocked-bios-for-rx-480-red-devil

Don't push it too hard.

give me your 560ti pleeeese :3

got myself an iphone 7 and a new mouse.

Why not choose GTX 1050? it is in the same price range with 460

Is it? I thought the 1050Ti was much more

>NOTHING.
Suck my ass op.
Drink if you are lonely or get shit for xmass.
OP IS A FAAAAAAAAAAAAAG.

1050 2GB is same price with 460
1050 Ti 4GB is of course more expensive than both

Look people, a fucking kid who ask mommy and daddy to buy hum fucking useless shit that will ruin his life.

Get a job and get out your mom's basement.

Maybe you should ask for English books, then you won't sound like an agitated Indian.

Statistically that hasn't shown up yet. Pretty sure the last steam survey I saw had the majority of gamers still playing on 900p or 1080p.

>i got myself
>kid who ask [sic] mommy and daddy...
???

I got the Gigabyte 1070 G1.

Had it a week ago thoughg, I've already RMA'd it for coil whine and fan clipping. Second one is in and it still has coil whine and the fans are pretty loud tbqh.

Was going to get an EVGA but the fire memes worry me. Want to swap it out again but I don't know which brand to pick, just don't want coil whine and noisy fans, famalams.

>using "a nice vacation" as an example of a reasonable way to spend money

I'll rather spend my money on a better piece of silicon than 5 gigs' worth of selfies from *insert tourist trap here* that your family and friends pretend to care about in order not to hurt your feelings.
Tourists really are the lowest form of intelligence on Earth.

HP omen 15.

Pretty happy with it since Applel gave me no choice. I just wanna system that werks for heavy editing / grading but similar system from them was £3000. Fucking nope.

I've bought my 1070 G1 in July and never had any problems with it. Maybe you were just unlucky.
I've had EVGA 970 before but it has died in May this year.
I think it's not about the brand, it's just bad luck. That is, unless you bought some shit like Gainward or something.
This is my post btw.

> inb4 14 year old little faggot

Dude, I'm fucking older than your mom, buying shit for myself is my white privilege, deal with it.. P.S. Just exited a warm vagina... Because I can.

Thanks for the tip trans-fag

> Have i5 2500, 8GB of RAM and a GTX 970
> Upgrade to 16GB of RAM and a GTX 1070
> No visible improvements in any games

Did a fresh install of Windows with the latest/proper drivers. Biggest letdown ever.

Current card is old though HD Radeon 7970, which won't even load Forza, so here's hoping.

>99% chance he has a 60 Hz 1080p monitor or worse
>already has a GPU that can get stable 60 FPS at high settings in most games at that resolution and more than enough RAM for gaymen
>wonders why a better GPU and more RAM do nothing

Did I wander off to Sup Forums by any chance?

> Protips

>being afraid to lower the settings

60fps is what I always aim for

>thinking that all tourism is something like that

nah I just travel to other countries stay in motels or sleep outdoors while bike touring the country. This is what I call vacation.

xfx one that jayzee has clocked to like 1.4gjz

literally worst beer

>jayzee

Nothing really, just waiting for February to see if I upgrade to Skykek or Ryzen.

A Hitachi HT-350
Gammaxx 400 cooler
Three vinyl records
And a Trump hat in a pear tree

youtu.be/4nEbpn6NKPQ

Sapphire 480 is a meme card that is not only the hottest but also the loudest of all the custom 480's. Literally every other brand is better.

its worth it for occulus rift desu

Wont be opening till the morning. but I have a zotac amp extreme 1070 coming. mama and papa split the bill on it with me

>bulk t-shirts,
but why?

Not a consumer, but finally got this. I'm already searching for 3 months now.
>2.60 GHz
I use the 1070 for 4K. Glad to have no money wasted on a 1080. It runs stable 60 FPS in all my games (like BF1, Witcher) with a few lighting options disabled. Feels like a huge improvement from a 1060 3GB.

>while bike touring the country.
bicycle or motorcycle? This sounds pretty cool. Where can I find more information on this?

This

whoops

>Recommending the Sapphire 480

This isn't the R9 300 series anymore, user

What's wrong with the Sapphire model? I have it and so far there's nothing wrong with it.

Same, works great.

>Logitech Proteus Spectrum mouse ($6 extra to turn the light red, fucken worth it)
>1TB external drive so I can stop rewriting 12GB of a flash drive

AND I HAVE TO WATCH THE AMAZON DELIVERY PROGRESS METER FOR 10 FUCKING CONSECUTIVE DAYS

It's not bad, but it's not the best, like the Sapphire cards were last gen. The MSI is way better, and the Asus is a bit better and at a lower price.

The bottom stock 120mm case fan decided to say goodbye to one if its blades.

Also, stock fan for my Kraken x61 is wobbling and making noise under high load.

Bought Some Corsair AF fans to replace them. Probably going to get a set of LED fans from my sister for Christmas as well.

ask for a giftcard to the store, and then use your money to pay for the rest of it?

How dumb are you? Why the fuck are you at uni if you can't even critically access what fucking gift you want from your parents.

New case, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, and hsf, Phanteks TC14PE. I was going to get 2 new fans to match with my current ones but they were out of stock.

Im getting a Raspberry Pi, and I'm really excited to try it out.