What can you even do on Linux aside from ricing your desktop and pretending that you're a programmer?

What can you even do on Linux aside from ricing your desktop and pretending that you're a programmer?

you can add modules
you can remove modules
that's basically it

Linux makes bitches wet.

Watch animu and shitpost

Actually program

if by wet you mean when they use my computer they start crying because they dont know how to do anything, then yes they get wet

everything you can do on wangblows, just without the spyware

I don't have to pretend anything. Linux today is really accessible to 'mere mortals' and if installed and maintained properly, pays back with beautiful font rendering (a relief for my damaged eyes), cool apps that respect you by not assuming you're some coca-cola drinking, cheetos munching moron, interested only in 'vidya games'.

>program
>without .Net framework
how is that possible? Or do you mean the toy apps autists make for personal use pretending they are not just wasting time and playing around?

> cockona

I work in statistical analysis research in R for price forecasting.

.NEET is fucking crap.

Also
> what is mono.
if your baby duck syndrome is really hard.

And you dont use SSAS and Power BI? Or still has to connect to Azure from your meme Linux to actually present your work or to production databases? Even if your company goes full Oracle, end users still will be either Win or Apple.

>jobless basement dweller

> wagecuck slave

aww you are making me cry

You can be a child making whatever you want, like in Minecraft.

If you want to be professional, you should get an operative system.

>use my computer

I know it's a meme, but I still don't get this meme. It's too far gone and not a shred based in reality. The average person nowadays doesn't use computers except as a big-screen internet browser, and that's not even me being edgy or cynic or anything. If they're too dumb to click on the menu and open up Chromium, I can do that for them and then it's familiar territory.

Some chick requiring a laptop to do anything more complex than her smartphone allows her is extremely unlikely, making this whole scenario unlikely in itself.

Besides, half the bitches I know are from my own uni, so they were forced to use the computer lab running Debian. At the very least they know how to open up a text editor. program in Octave and run their programs in a terminal.

This is wrong though. I`ve seen how over time elderly people and those who are not computer savy at all adapted to use actively video and graphic editing software, modelling (for example to build a garage or plan kitchen) etc.

Not to count actual PC use at work, with all the SAPs, accounting, erp etc. software where even complete IT imbeciles know what buttons to click.

Also, Android and iPhone actually helped a lot making people more educated since they motivate them to install and try thousand useless apps, some of which they eventually adapt to use for purpose.

Play games.

Being an actual programmer. You didn't expect that didn't you?

And you cant be actual programmer on Win system because?

FACT: Linux is not made for USERS.

It is made to run applications without user and users controlling them via remote terminal. END.

Its cheap OS for when you have no resources/money to run actual server. If you are using unix system as your desktop you should kill yourself.

DELET THIS and stop posting it again.

So painfully untrue in 2016.

I want to order these colorful shimapan

I want to use pantsus like that all days

Worship your waifu.

>he doesn't reed ubuntu's mango

>Reading a manga about a half nigger """"""human""""""""

>pretend
user... I am a programmer.

>tfw windows powershell

Babby. I am literally a program.

Actually be a programmer.

Are there translations of the new chapters? I've read up to 8 or 9.

Apache Software Foundation writes their code to run well on unix-like OSs.

If I wanna contribute to those projects, or even just use them, I need linux.

>inb4 cygwin
Cygwin sucks donkey balls, and everyone know it.

Also I am NOT paying that Apple tax.

That and I just like free shit.

>meme Linux
Kid, real life isn't about memes, also I don't have to give details about my work since privacy/security is one of the reasons I need free software, also I never stated that I exclusively use Linux, don't be so narrow minded.

use a nice DE
compile software easier
install software easier
less risk of malware
performs better
don't have to worry about being spied on
more secure from physical access attacks
vim works nicely
in my personal experience programming on it is a lot more fun

Kid, for privacy/security reasons one uses company laptops with hardware encryption, hardware usb keys and connection to virtual server to work "remotely" while in the office with superwising over your shoulder your every action is logged, prefferable with LAN.

No one would let you have access to actually valuable data from your home linux with internet connection. You`ll shit your pants just knowing what kind of damages you sign into accepting such work.

And guess what this runs on? Right. 100% of 100 Windows Server.

The only time when on practice i seen unix actually being needed is trash big data and nosql solutions - since much of it uses specific homewritten frameworks. But then again, most of the work done with it is automated and you just work with end results for analysis.

For Price Forecasting on other hand, you should be working with already processed MOLAP data in data warehouse. Thats it.

Don't know where you work, but our VMs run almost exclusively GNU/Linux (either Ubuntu or CentOS).

>use a nice DE
ricing
>compile software easier
pretending you're a programmer
>less risk of malware
come on, we're not twelve
>performs better
backend ricing
>vim works nicely
ricing
>in my personal experience programming on it is a lot more fun
pretending you're a programmer

I can do literally anything that I did on Windows. I didn't game, and had no use for proprietary software (though I did use Office 2003 until I switched to Linux, at which point, Libre Office 5 did just fine).

>ricing
considering I don't customize it at all it isn't ricing
>pretending you're a programmer
compiling software doesn't mean I'm pretending to be a programmer
>come on, we're not twelve
are you saying only 12 year olds get malware? I mean what about drive by downloads, something designed to work on windows that can be done by just going to a website
>backend ricing
considering ricing is doing visual front end tweaks backend ricing literally isn't a thing
>ricing
how is software working on linux ricing?
>pretending you're a programmer
this isn't even disputing my point

ok I get this is just shitty bait because you're bored and want yous but come on man you at least need to dispute at least one of my points correctly

>Backend ricing

I take it you use nothing but Windows 3.1, then? After all, anything else would be back end ricing.

Shilling this hard.

dwm window manager makes working on learning japanese very comfortable using the workspace/tags. I could never be this productive at learning with windows. Being stuck with one workspace is disgusting.

But I might have to dual boot windows if I want to play VNs, which sucks. I wish linux was popular in Japan.

The exact same shit you do on windows. What are you even talking about?

Not him but because of this

I can make these selected folders OP