My mouse just broke (Corsair M65) and i had this old one saved just in case

My mouse just broke (Corsair M65) and i had this old one saved just in case.

I just noticed that there is almost no difference.... have we been duped with retarded marketing and sensor bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BDeRtIsYP1Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Interesting...
Bump

>have we been duped with retarded marketing and sensor bullshit?

High dpi mice are just like audiophile bullshit. It's just snakeoil placebo shit.

yes
well not really the fancy new sensors and whatever gimmicks are actually better on the metrics they use to measure them. dpi,polling rare, acceleration etc etc

its just you have to realize that those things have an unnoticeable effect in real world performance

it's not though.

Personally, I've always used dirt cheap knock off gaming mice off Amazon. Brands like E3lue or whatever and I've never noticed a difference other than build quality

no mouse will make you better at video games unless your current mouse is broken, wireless or a roller ball mouse

What about mice with the DPI settings tho? I've noticed that in some games I have a better time aiming on different DPI settings I.e. I use higher DPI for halo online than any other game. Maybe DPI is somewhat relevant?

while i agree with this
sometimes more then 2 buttons and a scroll wheel is also nice

the different game just have different in game sensitivity that you need to tweak

i've used an intellimouse with 400 dpi for the past 6 years and haven't had any problems

yes

my current mouse has been pic related for at least 8 years and there is literally no difference with my co-worker's razor meme mouse I tried.

If you don't mind just three buttons and no LEDs this mouse is top tier.

pro-tip: remove the spring from the scroll wheel to let it rotate freely. it will change your life.

>have we been duped?
No because I buy a mouse for it's comfortability not because marketing bullshit

it is snakeoil. You are just like someone who believes in homeopathy, no amount of evidence will make you change tour mind.

changing DPI has the exact same effect as changing sensitivity. the improvement you made can also be achieved with the sensitivity setting.

>changing DPI has the exact same effect as changing sensitivity
You are retarded.

Depends. I get better scores in osu! using my Zowie FK2 than using my CM Storm Something.

lmao my mouse has a button for that poorfag

haha holy shit this is what poorfags think

try 16k dpi at low sens then try 200 dpi at high sens and tell me if it is the exact same

I buy gaming mice because I like the ergonomics and programmable thumb buttons.

money is not the issue bruh. this mouse just happens to be one of the best.

I just need no silly mechanical bloat in my mouse.

There aren't any mouse sensors that behave predictably at 16000 dpi

Why do idiots who fall for gaymur gear always think it's about money? Is it an age thing?

Nah.
>moving one pixel at a time on a shorter distance
vs
>moving in increments of several pixels at a time at the same distance as you'd move one pixel

Yes there are, the g502 is a great example, but just try high dpi + low sens and low dpi + high sens and tell me if they are the same

I've used cheap mice before and you're full of shit

They last nothing, sensor often behaves erratically, making the cursor jump around like a motherfucker.

While I agree that """gamer""" mice are overpriced, good mice are cheap, like the g400 or even some lower tier logitech one.

You can even get some Intellimouses and MS 1.1 from chink bootleggers for like 10-15 bucks and still be good enough

OP is bullshitting or has a system with enormous input lag and low refresh rate. The second you use a PS2 mouse you will instantly notice how ridiculously laggy it is.

No you wont.

I've been using the same Genius mouse for ages and it works flawlessly. I have a friend who buys gaymer shit and I tried out his Razer mouse, it was the same thing. As long as it's not ridiculously cheap, and not wireless, any mouse is good.

Yes and no.

The best mouse I ever had was pre 2006 microsoft laser mouse.

Ever since then it seems like companies are breaking what didn't need fixed by trying to fix it.

Industry spent like 4-5 years fucking around with angle snapping features etc which people now buy their 'better' mouses to get away from.

Mech keyboards are 100% a meme. No discernable difference except for key rollover, which can be emulated on non mechs.

Audiophile shit is a meme I fell for and there is no difference. I bought a 350gbp setup with expensive headphones and all I got was my 20 dollar headphones crisp quality + skrillex bass, which I used peace to remove and now it's exactly like my 20 dollar cans.

Yes, it's all a meme and I hate it.

>wireless

It's impossible for a human being to notice any delay between wireless and not.

gaming vs shitmice aside

PS/2 is GOAT for mice and keyboards USB can barely compete

I dunno man, I had the original Diamondback (I think) from like 08-09ish until it broke accidentally when dog ripped it from the computer.

Currently have a DeathAdder for like 3 years now.

>friends who only buys cheap mice easily go through 3 mice in 3 years

I think thats just your friend
cheap mice can usually last just as long as expensive mice
my office has dozens of cheap mice on workstations that have been going strong with almost zero maintenance or care for 8+ years

also you are pretty lucky, most deathadders have that fault that shit the buttons in 1-2 years

Yes you will. A PS2 mouse is similar to USB on like 70 polling rate.

Wrong! It's better for keyboards but not mice.

this

ps2 > usb

You should try an optical sensor, they're far better than laser mice. Steelseries Rival 300 are a good place to start, everything will feel so smooth.

Provided you use a decent and fairly sized mat

I'm using the 300 and a Corsair Gaming mat with 400 dpi. 800 for CS

unnhhnhh fuck those Mice are nice, shape is on point

are you retarded? PS2 is much fucking faster then USB thats why all the premium atx boards still use it

youtube.com/watch?v=BDeRtIsYP1Q

>A PS2 mouse is similar to USB on like 70 polling rate.
LOLNO

I'd say so. The logic behind that could be from 'if it costs more then it is better than most' arguements as well as people trying to justify that their purchase was not a dumb one