AMD's reputation since their 2xx series is so terrible that the majority of AMD's GPU market share are still 7xxx...

>AMD's reputation since their 2xx series is so terrible that the majority of AMD's GPU market share are still 7xxx owners.

Really makes you think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aXjHLNMn96k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I own a Sapphire HD 7950. I have no need to upgrade, yet.

Might get an RX 480 sometime next year, June or July.

>no RX 4xx
what the fuck

I wish I took the screenshot of that one AMD user who said that 480RX is the best selling card of 2016.

That's hilariously low. I bet it was buttcoin miners buying it or some shit.

Only retards and fanboys still buy AMD
They havent been relevant since 2009

I have been using Nvidia until GTX 470 and then upgraded to an R9 290 Tri-X. I didnt regret it and the radeon gave and still gives me a nice 1080p freesynced gaming experience :P I am looking forward to Vega because NV is too expensive for me atm.

AMD has resorted to gimping to force them to upgrade.

HD 7xxx cards no longer have Async enabled in drivers. That includes every 200 series except for 290/x and 285, and 300 series except for 380/x and fury/x.

They do a lot of rebranding.

>right above the 9800GT
Well that was a popular card.

I've been using a 7970 since release and have no reason to upgrade as I still use 1080p. I'll most likely only upgrade GPUs when good 4k monitors become more affordable.

Hopefully when that time comes AMD will have some proper high end cards to compete with Nvidia.

What benefits does Asyc provide that warrants an upgrade?

I have two 7770s and if I upgrade I'm probably staying AMD

Most people still use 7 series because they were good value and aged well, just like how many people are still using those i5 2500Ks

If you're gonna be spouting bullshit, do enlighten everyone else how much the performance hit is for disabling Async drivers? Just to make sure we're on the same page too, do source some benchmarks that show this downgrade that forces people to upgrade. I'd like to see that too.

>shilling ayymd housefires

I will say this much, i know its driver/OS related and i need to do a fresh install but my 7870 did better in certain games tha my rx 470 does atm its w.e

Or maybe it's because a 7950 is still a competent card at 1080p and can be had for dirt cheap

How is the RX 470 still not in the list?

the 5xx series refresh should be out by then

10-15%

>people don't enjoy buying rebrands
really makes you think, just how much money are these shitty companies saving by releasing nothing but rebrands every year.

And do you have links to benchmarks that show this?

Yeah, meaning that the RX 480 will be cheap as fuck.

Kind of pointless to limit yourself to a 1440p card though, might as well go for Vega if it's capable of 4k gaming

it's not really a surprise considering you can get 480/1060 equivalent performance for much less if you buy used. 1070 and 1080 also have no competitor so anyone who already has 480/1060 level of performance and wants to upgrade is forced into buying nvidia's marked up high end cards.

So then, the question is who from the Nvidia side went out and bought a 7000 series GPU?

AMD's market share has gone up in the last year, that is undoubtable, so who from the green side decided they were #betterred?

Steam's hardware survey is only done to a handful of people a month and is opt-in, not opt-out.

AMD users aren't dumb enough to click "yes" when Steam asks to spy on them.

7850 here
I don't play the latest and greatest AAA, so I've no need to upgrade yet

The HD 7000 series had some crazy staying power. My old 7870ghz could still play a lot of games at 1080p medium/high at 30fps or better.
Which isn't great, but it's it's pretty cool for a 5 year old card with 2gb of memory that I only paid like $250 for.
I've never once participated in the steam hardware surveys though.

The majority of the market still own 7xxx series GPUs because they're still receiving driver optimisations.

My 7950 still runs the latest games with no problem at 1080p.

youtube.com/watch?v=aXjHLNMn96k

>370 GCN 1.0
>literally 20-25% performance difference with async.
>AMD drops the Async support

I really feel sorry for all those AMD owners for trusting the eternal street shitter. AMD talk should be perma b& from Sup Forums to stop blatant shilling of inferior hardware.

By "majority" do you mean plurality?

>fine wine technology

7xxx has been the best aging GPU series of all time (better than the 9800 gtx too)