Not cooling your ram in 2017

>Not cooling your ram in 2017.

>Not living in a country far ahead on the equator in 2017.
Whatever makes your machine work Pajeet, and please stay there.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT GAYMEN SHIT
RAMS DONT GET HOT YOU STUPID FUCK

Why would you need to OC RAM to cause heat damage?

Fucking snake oil.

I need to put 1.7v through my ram to ensure I get blazing fast transfers.

To be fair it could be a legitimate problem with overclocked ddr3

>call it cooler
>tfw it just moves the heat under the carpet

they do when i overclock them :^)

Exactly. What Pajeet calls a fire starter I simply call them hand warmers in my more sensible climate.

The equator is the worlds poo dumping ground.

>overcook them
Fixed

>aircooling your ram like a scrub

Actually mine does and I don't know why.

It's a 8gb crucial pc3l-12800 stick, after an hour or so it gets very hot to the touch.

It's only that stick, the other one is fine and it's next to the crucial one in dual channel.

Does it have a built on heatsink?

Our servers at work have memory coolers.

No, just a normal plain green stick.

That'll be why then, the ones with heatsinks generate the same amount of thermal waste but because they have heatsinks it allows them to reject that heat into the environment quicker so the temperature doesn't rise that much.

1) get better airflow
2) ram can take a lot of abuse - it getting hot doesn't mean shit.

Being hot doesn't matter for ram.

Not directly damaging to the silicon itself but heat in general could spread around the case and degrade the lifespan of other devices and components.

But the other one is also a plain stick and doesn't get hot, it's in the first slot.
The only difference is the brand and lower timings.

Also no heat issues on other components, not even the RAM stick next to it. Only that single RAM stick gets hot as fuck and I'd like to know why, I know isn't dangerous but never saw something like this before.

Well I want to get one of those ram fans but because they also cool your motherboards vrms and the extra airflow is worth it they're not expensive

What happens if you swap them around? Does the heat move with the stick or stay with the RAM slot?

>lower timings
That could be why, lower timings generally runs hotter that higher timings.

They are for Sup Forumsirgins imp that want to look cool. It'll be much better to install some extra case fans if you're worried about mobo temps.

Afterall case fans will actually vent the air outside the case whilst RAM coolers just move it around.

/virgins imo*

The same stick gets hot even after swapping them.

Also the hot one is the one with higher timings, a crucial 11-11-11-11 while the normal one that doesn't get hot is a Samsung 9-9-9-9

What voltages are they both?

Is this new meme ?

Am I the only one that just buys the lowest price per gigabyte ran I can find ?

1.35v

Its economical.

stop calling me pajeet
india will be superpower by 2018 you see

That actually looks cool

could be that, if you're using dual channel, the 9-9-9-9 module isn't running hot because it's running at the slower 11-11-11-11 dictated by the other module. try running the 9- module alone in single channel and see if it gets hot

meant for

I don't live in the Congo

Just open a window, nature is always the best cooler. No need for fancy air conditioning or liquid cooling.

If you need a dedicated fan for your RAM then you're a fucking retard.

how much does that actually lower the temperature?

i mean in the long term it might be good but still

Wouldn't it be better to invest in higher speed RAM than buy a cooling system that at best increases speed by a negligible amount by over-volting?

As I said, fucking snake oil.

>Not living in Northern Europe
Oh boy.
I had a Pentium D in 2005 and that barely got hot when I lived in Sweden.