Ever played this, Sup Forums?

Ever played this, Sup Forums?
It's a programming puzzle game using a fictional language similiar to Assembly.

youtube.com/watch?v=HSg1qT2aNnw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WqkXtWQwuTs
youtube.com/watch?v=xHX1o7ZxBJY
github.com/keplr/programming-projects-for-n00bz
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I got the Linux version and it looks amazing.

Oh, finally someone replied. I have it too, but still haven't played it. It seems the devs have other similar games. Shenzen I/O has some circuit building iirc.

Reminds me a little of the hacking mini game from FreedroidRPG, was pretty cool.

Shenzen is supposed to be hardware building too, haven't try it though.

Speaking of programming games, Core War is another in an assembly-like language. You write the thing and then let it fight against another opponent program youtube.com/watch?v=WqkXtWQwuTs

Bought it on sale, never touched it, like so many things

Oh well someday I'll get to it, when I'm done shitposting

literally autism fucking wow

t. low-IQ nigger

>is not good if I use my brain
kys

How 'bout doing some actual programming?
This looks more or less like programming a GA144 chip but without the forth.

How about fuck off. Is like people hate fun, I bet you have a carrot up your ass because you're so tight.

Sure feel free to have your carrot up your ass, kid.

It's a fun game for couple of nights.

>it's like programming!
Except you don't get the reward for programming: a program.
You don't even get to learn a useful language with it. What's the point?

Do you like the white on black, all them letters and square shapes? Use linux. At least that'll be useful.

Not that game specifically, but I played a similar game called RED CODE or something of that nature in high school.

Everybody else was shit at programming though so I had no real competition among my friends, and quickly got bored.

It's a puzzle game, user. The point is solving puzzles and having fun.

>Except you don't get the reward for programming: a program.
This might come as a surprise to you but some of us program for fun.

Programming is a puzzle, programming is fun. Why do you need a programming-like game if you can actually program??

And get to have your very own original program as a result?

All these idiots implying they either don't have hobbies or are stupid enough to say this one is bad.

kys morons

>Not SHENZHEN I/O
You'll Cowards Don't Even Circuts
Plus the soundtrack is amazing as well
youtube.com/watch?v=xHX1o7ZxBJY

>Programming is a puzzle, programming is fun. Why do you need a programming-like game if you can actually program??
Yeah; if you enjoy programming, why would you ever learn a new language or paradigm, or try to program inside a new environment or under new constraints? That makes no sense whatsoever!

I mean, you could just keep slaving out shitty java code monkey shit and ship android apps, why would you need a game like this?

Yes, if you enjoy programming, learn a new language! Learn a new paradigm! Try to program inside a new environment or under new constraints!

But why a GAME? Why a programming SIMULATION when you can learn an actual language, an actual new paradigm, an actual new environment?

I mean you could just keep occupying your brain with useless knowledge and occupy your time with useless "programming" and there would be more jobs out there.

The same reason some people choose to play chess instead of going and assassinating an actual monarch.

>play chess instead of going and assassinating an actual monarch
That is a logical fallacy, the situations are substantially different, you cannot draw the same conclusion from them.

Plus if all you care is having a puzzle presented in front of you why don't you get a list of programming challenges and actually accomplish something?
github.com/keplr/programming-projects-for-n00bz

This is like using a dildo when you have all men on the world naked in front of you crazy to have sex.

Thanks for ruining the thread.

You have but been presented with facts, this shit game is the one at fault for even existing, don't support it.

Facts? Those were just, like, your opinion, man.

Do you have facts to back up that claim?

You just described TAOCP.

>Yes, if you enjoy programming, learn a new language! Learn a new paradigm! Try to program inside a new environment or under new constraints!
Okay, downloading TIS-100 now..

it's all about shenzhen io y ou faggot

KEK

hey, I downloaded it and it's actually extremely fun

would recommend

puzzles are fun nigger

Suit yourself.
Meanwhile I'll be learning things that will prove useful to me and having more fun than you.

And maybe you'll turn into an unemployed slacker with no real world knowledge and I'll be getting your spot at a software company.

wait...

HEY EVERYONE TIS-100 BEST GAME EVER OMG SO PUZZLEY SO GOOD AND FUN AND PROGRAMMING!

get a refund
buy shenzhen io nigger

>refund
I paid nothing for it

>shenzhen i/o
hardware design is ew

but fine, I'll try it as well

stay buttmad

>but fine, I'll try it as well
scratch that, couldn't find a linux version on GGn

trust me it's a lot less bland than tis100

got a copy of the linux gog release?

i purchased it with money i obtained from my job

I have a job too, it's just that I have a hard policy of not buying games before playing them for at least how long it would take me to earn that amount of money.

So buying something blind is absolutely out of the question.

Oh, it's not even on GOG. Apparently it's not even out of early access yet. I'll just wait.

I realised my mistake when I opened the manual. Pure autism. It also doesn't help that the game requires functions that aren't even in the manual.

Sorry breh, we're just too autistic.

hacf

want to know how I know you've never learned any meaningful amount of programming?

>this shit game is the one at fault for even existing, don't support it.
the fuck. have you played the game? Its fun. stop sperging out or mumsy will take away internet privileges.

The game is basically designed for autists. user was criticizing it without any real reason besides his faulty judgement.