Aright Sup Forumsentoomen, I manage six 2012 MacBook Pros for our digital arts firm...

Aright Sup Forumsentoomen, I manage six 2012 MacBook Pros for our digital arts firm. We're in the market for new computers, the new MacBook Pros are out because of their inconsistent battery life and general performance. I've got it narrowed down to the last gen Pro (13" max specs) or the new Surface Book w/ Performance Base. Either works, our employees are more than proficient with Autodesk and Adobe products on both platforms. Compatibility isn't an issue, we have Wacom Cintiq 22HDs for in office work, but we have issues toting them around to our clients.

Any ideas? Also if you have better choices for a mobile workhorse would be great.

Get the one with the touchscreen.

fire everyone and hire skilled people above 35

Honestly that's a huge selling point for me, but at $50-75 per pen and if someone *misplaces* the base to the clipboard? That's a fuckton of money gone

6 x $75 = a fuckton of money for a corporation?

okay.

It's as if departmental budgets don't exist and everyone has full access to the company accounts.

Just want to post: the fact that you actually know what you're talking about and this is a serious question has given me respect for your question and I will not shitpost.

Have a bump.

We only have so much money per quarter for tech replacements and you'd be surprised how much goes to replacing chargers. $80 for a single MagSafe, thankfully I haven't had to replace a Wacom pen yet.

I would say Mac for the simple reason at least 1 of your users is going to download some shady executable thinking it's a song and you're going to have to re-image their PC.

Either that or W10 restarting/update popup during a presentation at a client.

He could set the policy for it to delay updates and do them when scheduled.

That's assuming he gets Pro/Enterprise

I have to remove Mackeeper and shit like that from these at least twice a week

Our systems are set to check and update at 0200

stupid question but did you ask them what they would rather have?

I did but the only response I got was 'install gentoo' and that it's supposed to be called GNU/Linux.

From our meetings they don't care what brand but here's what they wanted

Lightweight
Tough
Great display

All that they want is something more modern.
My boss wants the mose cost efficient device.

If they don't really care either way just go with what your boss wants.
I doubt they will care about the lack of touch screen if you go with the macs if they all have cintiqs anyway.

Well if we go with the Macs we still have to bring around the tablets, and I dunno about you but lugging a 22" desktop tablet is not my idea of fun. With the Surface book, its more mobile but I'm concerned about the pens becoming detached and getting lost, how well does Adobe work with Windows (I know Adobe programs favor Nvidia cards) and then there's the issue of are these guys really as good with windows as they are with mac, and what kind of downtime would we have if we were to hop over to a new platform.

>considering botnet

Honestly, Windows 10 should come with a free service where Microsoft sends an AIDS infected man to your house to rape you in the butt and poz you. Because if you run Windows 10, you are basically dropping your pants and asking for it.

Get the previous MBP model, but make sure you send an email to Tim Cook's account with a photo of what you bought and explain to him why Apple's new machines suck.

>Mac
Found your problem.

>t. mactoddler

Fuck off grandpa

Get the surface.

Compatibility isn't going to be an issue it'll be workflow which suffers, honestly forcing creative professionals to switch from Mac to Windows is more trouble than its worth, you have to consider lost hours of productivity.
Why not offer both to your employees and buy accordingly? I own a full spec 13" rMBP from last gen and it handles any design tasks and frontend dev without an issue, despite the fact we virtualise for Visual Studio.

If my boss decided to switch my workflow/ecosystem I'd first ask "why?, what is the benefit?" before asking to stay Mac only, and I bet a few of your guys feel the same.

>t. mactoddler

xDDD

Well that's what we were first worried about is the loss in productivity, but our employees "say" they're ready for either OS. And from a MDM standpoint, I'd rather it be one platform to manage instead of 5macs, 1 Surface of some other combo. At the current price Apple is offering me for 3.1GHz i7 w/ 16GB and a 256GB for $1549 per unit I like the idea, which turns into the next wall of how do we manage the mobility aspect of their workspace? I'm probably going to throw on a cheap Wacom tablet that you could say Velcro to the bottom of the Pro and detach when you need it

>I'm probably going to throw on a cheap Wacom tablet that you could say Velcro to the bottom of the Pro and detach when you need it
Yeah, that's going to really impress your clients. Just get them the Surfacebooks unless you want to look poor.

>"MacBook pros are out for inconsistent battery life"
Shouldn't matter. If you are truly professionals, you'll be using a dock.

>and general performance
>mac

Found your problem.

imagine not using osx lmao

Docking while being mobile out of the office. Works great lad.

Exactly, that's the issue. Look poor, or take some downtime to get a new platform, or do the better thing with the same cheap wacoms and have a nice computer sleeve

real talk, i do this as a career also, and go with the macs. they're so much easier to unfuck