/ptg/ - Private Trackers General

:) edition

New to /ptg/ and private trackers? The sands have heavily shifted in the last few months. Have a FAQ: pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
MORE REFERENCE gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers
>This is a thread for educational purposes only don't offer or ask for invites.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11956716
apollo.rip/collages.php?id=799
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Days_of_Christmas
apollo.rip/forums.php?action=viewthread&threadid=3154
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PTH BTFO

2nd for nala is the worst

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas lads

fourth for meteor

you only get one vote
strawpoll.me/11956716

I am glad to be part of a tracker (PassTheHeadphones.me) where the furry community is thriving.

Why is no-one snatching Older? I think it's George's best album and everyone should give it at least one listen.

That's a photoshop mockup by the way. They never got far enough to actually generate a page like that

shame

I know it's "supposed to look good" but I just don't like it. Same with that genaviv and illusion style everyone keeps harping about.

apollo.rip/collages.php?id=799

Instead of making George Michael's discography neutral leech they made it freeleech, people will be downloading it just to /pyramid/, so that's 22 + 12 freeleech albums.

Nice one apollo. You go crazy with the sitewide, not you're going crazy with the staff picks and you're shitting on george michaels grave by using his music as a /pyramid/.

Fuck you Apollo.

too bright

it's not true freeleech on pth or apollo

fuck you too

t. xanax staff

In most Western Church traditions Christmas Day is the First Day of Christmas and the Twelve Days are 25 December – 5 January.

So one gets a PTH account through reputation on another tracker?

For now, yes. Or if you have a friend with an invite.

Oops there goes my infinite ratio. At least I popped my download cherry with a great album.

WCD made all of David Bowie's music FL after he died

not that a newfag like you would know that.

They're opening what.cd style recruitment soon, but at the moment its PU+ at respected trackers or invite from a friend.

neutral leech is fucking cancer, nala

people that care still get their albums with freeleech, and people that upload aren't fucked and don't nope out after getting 1:1

i dont have any friends

hi z

what's this image supposed to be showing? Is it just how nonchalantly APL asks for staff compared to PTH?

nala can suck my hairy cock

could nala be any more blown the FUCK out?

Shows whatever you want it to show, just comparing how PTH is recruiting interviewers vs how APL is.

How have you been enjoying your Christmas selection of Michael Bublé and Mariah Carey, sir?

I added it just for you user

Lol

it was clearly made with some intention in mind though.

Enjoy!

it's the usual PTH staff posts: taking their tracker so fucking seriously like they're little royal kings & queens when in truth all they have are thousands more bandcamp shit that nobody will download because everyone is poor on PassTheHunger

to be fair, one of those options is objectively correct, assuming you can get into either/both

APL has 50k V2s though.

And don't you want autism in your tracker staff?

Apooloo took applications of about 300-400 people vetted them and chose about 15 of them based on their resumè. Not exactly being lazy with recruiting, just less flashy with the news post.

it was neutral leech kid

>APL has 50k V2s though.
they don't like to talk about that

Proof or are you Z/Alutard?

neutral leech is complete fucking horseshit and anyone who supports it is no friend of mine

Well I'm Z, I wasnt the one that posted that, I typically refer to Apollo as APL, was probably one of the applicants or somebody shitposting... but yeah they're pretty much spot on with how it went down.

>50k v2
>that will actually be listened to

still better than the thousands and thousands of bandcamp shits that nobody will snatch and listened to. I know this because i upload hundreds of them to get buffer on that early FL lmao

Also nice to know you both just cannot refute my argument at all and instead just divert the topic

Z why is APL still letting people upload under the 'Various Artists' artist name?

>that will actually be listened to
did you upload anything on what.cd at all? Nobody snatches v2.

Will do.
Oh, why do you drop the honorifics?

What do you think of retards like

So it was just mismanagement that led to you having to spend extra hours going through junk applications?

Why would you spend time uploading hundreds of bandcamp releases instead of just hopping one one of the /pyramids/ with a seedbox?

Hope you've all had an amazing Christmas and enjoyed the time with your loved ones! The festive season is all about giving and sharing love with each other!

HTTPS Tracker
We'd like to inform everyone that we've finished and launched our HTTPS tracker a few days ago. The new announce URL is automatically added to new torrents that you download from Apollo, but any old torrents will have to be edited manually. We have a few tutorials in the help forum to manage with the editing of multiple torrents.

You'll find your own personal tracker announce URL on upload.php - To make it perfectly clear, if you do not wish to edit your old torrents to use the HTTPS tracker, that is fine, they will still continue to work. All of the new torrents will automatically use the HTTPS tracker.

Challenges
Unfortunately we didn't reach our goals in time and there will not be any freeleech. However I sincerely hope we'll continue the tremendous effort everyone has put in and hope we'll be building further upon our basis for the new library in 2017.

12 days of Christmas
We'll be doing a 12 days of Christmas spree with various staff picks and other little gifts!

We'll be starting out with a staff pick for the 1st day.

Z's Staff Pick / letlive. - Fake History
Z wrote:
This album is one of my favorite post-hardcore albums out there. Blending the energy and chaos of Glassjaw with the ability to write a damn good chorus, this album has a little something for everybody. Jason Butler is an insanely talented vocalist with an ethos he wears on his sleeve. No song hits me quite as hard as "Day 54" does. Sadly the band has yet to make another album as "all killer, no filler" as this one, but this album managed to hit me at just the right time in my life and means a lot to me.

letlive. - Fake History [2010] [Album] (torrents.php?id=21108)

We've also written a blog post about the sad passing of George Michael, please read more here: blog.php#blog1

/marked/

So the sign of a good interview process is to just write useless drivel for a paragraph?

You think APL doesn't ask that same stuff once they get someone interested?
They just don't waste their time writing obvious shit like "NEED GUD GRAMMAR.... AND KNO RULES... HHAVE LOTS OF TIME..."

I don't think of them at all really. I don't like shitposting happening on either side, I appreciate constructive criticism, don't appreciate mindless hate. But then again, I am on Sup Forums.

Fake History is pretty awful.

Why did you pick it?

You're either Z or you're not, but the question you forgot to ask is if anyone cares.

One reason: autism

Your opinion is pretty awful.

>So the sign of a good interview process is to just write useless drivel for a paragraph?

No, but it's a sign that they don't manage/value their time well. They had to spend extra time reading applications from people who didn't have basic shit like previous interview experience. Filtering that out early save a significant amount of time (not to mention they had tons of other "positions" that they were doing the same thing for).

I guess that's true.
I've found the staff to both be pretty evenly matched. On a decent private tracker I've noticed only people worth applying actually apply though.
And the idiots who aren't getting in are going to ask anyways no matter what you put there.

Hey Z, while you're here, did you know that Alutard only has his FLS position because he was sucking Mirai's dick before APL came around?

thanks to george michael i now have 50gb more of buffer

why even try to reach PU on APL or PTH??? u guys retards? they dont even have good invite forums... waste of HDD

Hey /ptg/, I've usually been able to find what I need just using TPB and KA. However, I'm looking for a couple files I can't find on TPB and KA is RIP. What are some other good public trackers you guys recommend?

maybe if you upload it might make the site a better place :)

Who knows
Why do you feel the need to take someone else's work and pass it as your own?
Why do you pretend to be someone you're not to obtain validation from strangers?
Who knows

Ex*go

Exigo.

hey man good to see u here mate ;D you have come to the right place, here everyone is nice and has good discussions about private trackers, this a noob friendly place xD just go ahead a kill yourself fucking retard, do you know how to read?? go watch the wiki stupid fuck FRUCKINGS KILL AOURSELF

PTH has an invite forum though.

I can't stop playing the game. I spend all my time just ascending the classes. How can I stop?

Is this the end...?

You can kid yourself all you want but you and I both know that in the not so distant future you'll be desperate and begging to get on PTH just like you and everyone else was to get on WhatCD (despite the "autism" and "elitism").

Yeah but it's full of hook shit and worthless.

Because we're sharing invites in the Elite subforum :^)

You take Horriblesubs, drop the honorifics, then put your name on it. Rather interesting choice there.

I did read the wiki. It said if you're only looking for a certain file or two it's probably not worth your time to signup for a private tracker.
That's exactly what I'm trying to do.

>nala-furious.webm
doesn't look that furious to me

I dont think GGn is that hook.

Settle for Power TM by uploading tons of ebooks like me.

DELET IMMEDIATELY

probably should be
>nala-randy.webm

they're the hook-est

>Z pick
>newschool post-hardcore
do you like older shit Z, like ATDI, Unwound, Drive Like Jehu etc

Why don't you ask him in the forums?

12 days of Christmas starting late on Christmas day

because he posts here
and forum posting is cancer

Who was the AHD recruiter at What? Lost me mail and I need to send dat nigga some PM.

Yeah I do, got into old school stuff first then moved to the newer stuff. Actually considered ATDI for my pick oddly enough but they're already so well known I figured I'd give some attention to a smaller band. I knew not everybody would dig it but that's life.

Oh, is that what """"I"""" do? Please, tell me more of the things that the person you steal from does that makes it OK for you to do the same
Once a fraud, always a fraud

read . I'm already on it, and I didn't hate PTH entirely, i just hate people posting these like it's supposed to mean anything other than the fact PTH staff is so serious and that made the tracker so fucking dull

because buffer & snatches will get harder to get after that period, especially for bandcamp shits

that's the beauty of APL, people actually snatch V2 :^)

jrsdead

They only snatch V2 because it's freeleech and they're trying to get buffer.

Thanks broi.

>George Michael's
who the fuck is that? I've heard of George Lucas, the fat fuck who made star wars but never Michael's. Sounds like some gay shit. Did he die of Africa's Indigenous Disease?

That's when it actually starts historically en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Days_of_Christmas

yeah, maybe you're right, but i don't see how that negates my point about the torrents amount being the factor that somehow makes PTH better and yet nobody has mentioned one single good albums that are on PTH but not on APL.

Those thousands of torrents should count for something but unfortunately it's not due to the fact that most people on PTH have small buffer and will only snatch things they like.

>no option for on both haven't used either because of disgusting diaper photos floating around this thread

>I'm jumping on the Apollo fl torrents even though I have 2TB of buffer

What is wrong with me, what the fuck have you people done to me

where are you from. last thread was comfy now you curry music posters are back. Is leddit at its bump limit?

/ptg/ is retarded and I'm putting this meme to rest.

I made the Keybase account eight days ago. Alucard was made FLS on the 7th.

Which came first, the 7th or the 17th of December?

apollo.rip/forums.php?action=viewthread&threadid=3154