Why can't microsoft design a proper OS?

Why can't microsoft design a proper OS?

Seems like all they are doing is adding layers of shit codes with flashy UI to cater to computer illiterates?

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMDGPU-DC-DRM-No
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We live in hell.

>Seems like all they are doing is adding layers of shit codes with flashy UI to cater to computer illiterates?

Worked for Apple.

>Why can't microsoft design a proper OS?
They did before. Unfortunately, all of the developers who know how things work are growing old, retiring, or just dying.

That means that pretty much the only thing anyone knows how to do is add layers of shit code with flashy UI

It's more profitable to add bandaids on top of bandaids ad infinitum because 99% of users don't know what good software is to begin with.

If you are using windows they already expect you to be mouth drooling retards. Do you have any idea how hard it is to be treated like idiots. I used to work at IT help desk and majority of complaints I used to get has something to do with windows treating normal users like literal cucks

Control Panel is being phased out. The redundancy is a known quantity. It's shitty, but even MS knows about it.

For what it's worth, I think the only thing I use the old Control Panel for is for managing Bitlocker and changing the UAC levels. Otherwise everything can be done from the Settings pane.

I've no idea how long it will take, but Control Panel will be completely stripped out of Windows some day.

System Preferences is actually straightforward and functional tho

Microcuck is desperate on staying relevant, hence theyre pretty much copying the macos awsthetic.

>flat style
>flashy

Come on now

"Don't fix which isn't broken"

MS-DOS comes from QDOS which means Quick and Dirty Operating System.

On the open source it may look like certain things are slow or that certain features are blocked for stupid reasons but in fact the kernel probably has very high quality standards:
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMDGPU-DC-DRM-No
>inb4 the linux kernel don't support properly X device
It's not the same the hardware manufacturer not wanting to support the linux kernel than linux having low quality code.

All their good coders are working on Midori OS.

the only good design standard is Material design

>they did before
>glossy 2000 design shit

windows 7 was the last good os from ms. stable, consistent design language, no gimmicky "apps"

>implying

The menu on the left is designed for tablet/touchscreen users. I believe they will soon phase out the right side menu

How is this a problem?

/thread

her kneecap looks like a ballsack

and obscures everything useful behind ten layers of menus. Legitimately I have never done a thing with the new menu that could not have been done faster and easier with an updated graphical control panel.

After using apple products for a while these design inconsistencies in either android or windows really stand out. Makes the OS feels so bad, both companies really need to learn a thing or two from Apple.

You would know, wouldn't you, faggot.

This
Flashy colours

picture on the left is actually a website
all computers now produced are only capable of decrypting and displaying video
you will never have a fast intel cpu

Because they tried and it failed because people bitched about not being able to run their shitty win32 apps on it.

That inconsistency only exist because control panel is basically hardcoded into kernel space and can't be removed. That shitty settings pane is just a front end to control panel.

Also control panel and all its options suck dong.

Bottom center is a website/ad

Left is settings layout from 8
Right is control panel layout from 7
Both are in 10