Windows 10 haters on suicide watch

Next build will allow you to postpone updates for 35 days.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/W4RH4WK/Debloat-Windows-10/blob/master/scripts/block-telemetry.ps1
petri.com/windows-10-ignoring-hosts-file-specific-name-resolution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, at least they allow you to choose when you want to get cucked.

>postpone

you don't get it do you

0/10
Kys

I'm pretty confident this is satire, but then again, there's a chance it's not.

Hilarious.

>allow you to postpone updates for 35 days

If they had introduced this feature on Windows 7 it would've been the end of the world, but for some reason now you cucks are thankful for it.

t. Linux pacifier user

>will let you

oh wow, nice

Yes, I'm thankful that the ~10 laptops I take care of are constantly updated now. Average users always managed to turn updates/antiviruses/etc. off and then complained that their computers were messed up.

Just block the following on your network:

update.microsoft.com
windowsupdate.microsoft.com
windowsupdate.com
download.windowsupdate.com

>winbabbies are forced to use workarounds like this in order to use their computer normally

Have updates to a stable/final release of windows ever fixed anything?

Shut up faggot

Yeah but when those same updates reinstall Store Apps that you uninstalled ages ago, re-enable telemetry, and all sorts of other Pajeet-tier tactics, you'd rather risk not having them.

Sup Forums in a nutshell

its pretty gay how we can't use new hardware on xp desu :(

What are the telemetry servers/ip though?

Never understood why they force these updates. I understand that it causes, in theory, better security and all that for everyone. Most importantly your grandma, or something, but why can't you disable it?

If you KNOW the risks and they TELL you them, why can't you just disable it and take responsibility in your own hands? Google allows you to delete your YouTube account, for example, but they tell you explicitly what's going to happen and force you to agree. Might be a different example, but you get what I mean.

Plus, it goes against what Windows is... You can modify it and tweak it all you want. Registry, host files, etc. So... Why is this not allowed too?

Updates do not prevent computers from being messed up.

In security, if you can disable a security feature, that feature is as good as if it's not there - because people will disable it for convenience over security.
Deleting Youtube is not security so the comparison is not very meaningful.
Note that I'm not trying to defend MS for the decision of forcing updates, I'm just making a general statement about security.

update kills more computer every year than common nonsens users

You can disable the updates in various ways if you want. The methods are just inaccessible to typical windows users who don't know how everything works, so in a sense the system works perfectly.

I have windows defender or antimalware or whatever it is called, really, also disabled. Another thing that Microsoft does not let you disable in a simple way.

The fuck, I didn't even know they gave you no choice

So glad not using wincuck10

>now you can postpone your cucking by 35 whole days!!!

I suppose, but why did they design it the way they did? A major benefit of Windows is that it's Windows. You're able to use .bat files, executables, scripts, etc. It's a free-for-all.

Sure, it's noticeable that since Windows 8, they've wanted it to be more like macOS, but they're going against the benefits of Windows. Might as well switch to Linux or macOS in the near future. What benefit would Windows have over them? They're taking away the best part about it.

>but why did they design it the way they did
They said it long long ago. They want Windows to be a service, not a product.

If it just installed updates automatically then I would be okay with it.
But the forced reboot is what makes it unacceptable.
One thing is to slow down the machine, but to bring it to a halt?
I should be able to turn windows on, run a simulation over 1-4 days and come back to it without having using the regedit or dive into settings to find a postpone feature that may extend the uptime.
It shouldn't matter if the computer is only rebooted once every year or so, you don't force a system shutdown.
It would be better to remove the standby feature so people had to turn off their computers more often.

>Having to wait for an update so that you can postpone updates for a limited amount of time
This is the true meaning of cuckery.

link me to the latest guide user

github.com/W4RH4WK/Debloat-Windows-10/blob/master/scripts/block-telemetry.ps1

serious question, do win 10 force you to update?
i'm using win 10 since release and have autoupdates ON and fucking never got forced to reboot pc, it's always show notification one time 'you got new updates installed do you wan't to reboot now or later?' and i just click postpone and that's it.

>for 35 days.

windows 10 user from day 0 here
allow me to lmao@ur life

>but why can't you disable it?
because then, they wouldn't be able to use your network for their p2p spying/rolling updates.
it literally snoops on every computer on your network and sends it out, to god only knows who.

having a whitelist on your router rather than a blacklist has never been more important these days.

also they can patch in a new backdoor whenever one is figured out and patched (see how panicked they were after heartbleed?)

Still waiting for a feature that will make my t440s usable again.
Takes 2 minutes to be functional after logon since I upgraded

>allow
Thank you for the allowance, master

and make your system vulnerable by declining security patches

Does not matter if you block them in the host file. Windows will just bypass it like nothing has happened.

The store, telemetry and other unwanted features can be removed from install.wim with an official tool before installation. You will never get updates to something that is not installed, e.g. OneDrive.

p2p is an option though (enabled by default on non-ltsb)
you can opt out to contact their servers directly

u wot?
and a source for this is what exactly? your fantasy?

because I'm testing a wincuck10 VM with known telemetry servers blocked in etc/hosts, and I'm not seeing any traffic at all with wireshark, neither at the host machine nor in any of my router traffic dumps. You just don't seem to understand how the networking works in windows.

another thing is, they can change their IPs or hostnames with an update.

>and I'm not seeing any traffic at all with wireshark

You are going to see it eventually if they ARE windows servers. If you block the telemetry servers in the host file then those blocks will just be ignored.

petri.com/windows-10-ignoring-hosts-file-specific-name-resolution

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

Those adresses listed are windows update servers, not telemetry ones though.

So it's rape vs. a 35 day warning of rape. Good to know.

Does anyone else not understand why these Windows haters don't just install Linux?

Like, they keep threatening to use Linux or buy a Mac but they seem to be empty threats and they just keep whining? Are these tiny vocal minority even running Windows in the first place or just buttmad gnu/shill?

Software compatibility.

FOSS alternatives exist, often superior.

I won't entertain you with a response on topic.

windows consumers edition can wait for 35 days
windows insider edition can wait for 3 months
windows 7..well fuck it its a stupid OS anyway

I tried to block the windows update service from services.msc

It seems to work