pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=gateron 60%
massdrop.com/buy/dasher-and-dancer-sa-custom-keycap-set
keyboardco.com/keyboard/uk-filco-ninja-majestouch-2-tenkeyless-nkr-tactile-action-keyboard.asp
a.co/hueuEQR
deskthority.net/wiki/Gateron_KS-3_series
input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/
originativeco.com/products/modern-beige?variant=18906335301
youtube.com/watch?v=hK2cnxXauls
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thoughts on cheap/no name keyboards?

I wanna buy a tenkeyless/60% but don't want to spend $100+ on one. My research has shown they either go cheap or expensive, there's no in between. (Mainly looking on Amazon)

Some of the cheap ones that incorporate Gateron switches are probably nicer to type on than the expensive ones with Cherry MX.
These can't be too bad, I assume.
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=gateron 60%

You probably aren't going to be satisfied by buying cheap. This goes for most things in life.

That said, you can get TKL Corsair or Gateron keyboards for less than $100 on Amazon with plenty of wiggle room.

Can somebody recommend a full size keyboard (with the numpad) that uses Cherry blues or some chink knockoff

Where did you buy those key caps from?

mx red or blues?

Massdrop last month. That was a lesson in cheapness for me as well, they replaced some $14 Tai Hao ABS caps which I regret wasting money on.

God those caps look fucking good. I wish I could buy them.

Aren't the caps on that board Tai Hao as well? But PBT instead of your previous ABS?

Correct

That keyboard's got a gun
Is Gateron a brand for fake Cherry?

Gateron is a Chinese cherry clone, yes.

Where can i get SA keycaps that would fit on a Pok3r

massdrop.com/buy/dasher-and-dancer-sa-custom-keycap-set

Leopold FC750R with blanks

Fix the key profiles on the scroll lock block.

Hah waiting on someone to pick up them

just fuck my shit up

is this the power of ISO keyboards?

Enjoy spending more on keycaps than the board itself, user.

reminder
>Estimated ship date is Jul 10, 2017.

I have Ajazz ak33 which I bought from aliexpress for $30 or 35, don't, really remember. It was on sale anyway. Black zorro switche which are some chink clones.
Strange layout which is neither 60% nor your typical tenkeyless. I like it personally since it has both arrow keys and very small layout. Actually I think it's the same layout as choc mini.

How's the build quality though? Everything breaks in due time but I don't wanna buy something that will in 3 weeks.

Are knockoffs really that bad when I've never used a mechanical keyboard in memory? I just want a compact keyboard that doesn't feel like shit for GAYMINGzZZ

guys, where can I find quality key caps for my UK Filco Ninja Majestouch-2?

keyboardco.com/keyboard/uk-filco-ninja-majestouch-2-tenkeyless-nkr-tactile-action-keyboard.asp

Ajazz ak33 here. It's very nice. I had it for a few weeks now and I'm really happy with it. Very nice build quality at this price point. It's also my first mech ever. I don't know how long it will last though, probably not as long as non chink keyboards, since chinks have shitty QA.
Stock keycaps are pretty nice, no gaymer fonts and shit. Just normal keycaps, I have no plans of changing them personally.
One thing that sucks (besides strange keyboard layout) is that keyboard has no memory. For instance you can turn backlight off (or lower it) but after you stop powering keyboard and turn it back on it will go back to default setting - which is backlight on with brightest setting. Personally I just got used to backlight and have it on all time, doesn't hurt my eyes and it's just normal white light.

What switch would make for a natural evolution from the Thinkpad (X61/T400) keys?
(Perhaps a silly question, but I'm moving from a Thinkpad to a desktop machine soon and I'm going to assume that a mechanical keyboard is the next step up in enjoyable keyboard...ness.)

none, get a switch tester and find out what you prefer

keyboard?

2 months ago someone gifted me a Cherry G80-3000 keyboard

I have to admit, I feel bad because even though it was free, I don't really feel like it's that amazing and I don't get why people obsess so much over mechanical keyboards.

TADA68

Hey guys, little update on my project

Desoldered all the switches from the PCB, and removed them from the plate, rekt the board in the process but I don't need it anymore anyway
Now I need to cut the plate to fit my 60% case and place the switches back on, and then wire them up to a teensy

well i just get my 1st mechanical keyboard :D
to start i get a Ajazz ak33. its cheap... to try i think its good :3

Do I gotta spend ~$250 to own a new HHKB or is there another way? Asking for a fellow user.

What's a decent 60% with reds? Main features I want is just a as compact as possible case and good build quality. PBT keycaps would be nice, but I'm OK with buying ABS and then getting a PBT set.

Is there any decent cheap-ish chink board like that? Or should I get something like a Vortex POK3R?

Tempt me to upgrade from my current mechanical keyboard.

Nice, but how the hell did you break that PCB?

Ducky One for $99

Look for Corsair Keyboards, they are tough, if you put emphasize on functionality over design.

Pulling on it to remove it after desoldering the switches

KBP V60, rk61, Anne Pro, and the one on massdrop are some other options. But the Pok3r is still a good keyboard.

Is a model M 1988 worth 70 bucks?

Not really comfortable, but what a beauty!
Only available in blue keys.

If its in good condition then yes.

What if I'm not even planning on using it?
Like I'm planning on just having it for my collection.

kys

Thanks user. How good are those chink ones? The prices are pretty nice, but also worrying. There's a RK61 with "Cherry MX Reds" for $70 on AliExpress, and that's kinda hard to believe considering it's also wireless and has backlights. What's the catch?

Need helping finding an affordable alternative for the keyboard shown in the pic.

>Budget
$150-200 aud
>Location (continent at least)
Australia
>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Browns
>Layout
One shown in picture
>Form factor
Ditto
>Backlight
Doesn't matter
>Previous/current keyboards
Logitech garbage

you asked for suggestions. i gave you one.
never change you autist

Whats the point since those keyboards were mass produced and are still made today

>tfw waiting for keycaps

Rk61 uses knock off kailh switches not cherry, thats about it.

>user asks for a 60%
>corsair

user what

I'm so willing to deal with all the cheap shit of a $40 or less mechanical keyboard, but then they put a shitty font on the keys like they're just begging me not to buy it. I could buy new caps, but then I might as well just spend more for a keyboard I guess.

fuck off retard

But you didnt give him a suggestion that fit his needs, or even came close to what he wanted

Same user, are there any cheaper Fc980m alternatives?

Yeah, I figured as much. How are those switches nowadays? I remember reading about broken stems and inconsistent switches a while ago in regards to Kailh.

Yes. The fc980m is based of the old chery g80-1800 design. You can find those keyboards for around 60 bucks. Some models like the dolch pac ones can cost upto $200 due to their rareity

Kailh has improved and now razer uses their switches. They still arent as good as gateron or cherry. The anne pro is another wireless keyboard and that has PBT keycaps and gateron switches

Rs96 and Duck Lightsaver are your only two options. They are both barely in your budget, but they arent in stock right now. You just missed thr rs96 which ended its run last month. Maybe try again next year. Be sure to go to massdrop and request the keyboard so you can get a notification when it drops again.

You could try china tho
toabao.com

Only found one on Banggood, but it does seem better for like $10 extra, specially considering the PBT caps. Going to look a bit more into it and maybe pick one up next month. Thanks again!

Is there anything wrong with this? Mostly for gaming. Mainly buying a new keyboard because while my membrane one now isn't bad, I have run into a few situations in Battlefield 1 where I'm hitting a certain key combination that locks it up. There are so many cheap mechanical keyboards now that I'm sure are pieces of shit compared to $100 or more ones, but it's at least got to be better than membrane, right?

a.co/hueuEQR

It has knockoff brown switches, a YouTube review says they actually feel like cheap Cherry MX Red. I've been eyeing that Tomoko one for a bit, but this one is $10 cheaper for a full size.

Open to suggestions but please try to suggest something $40 or under for a full size one. I was debating ditching a number pad to save desk space, but I still think I use it too much. $50 maybe if it's really that much better. Backlight is a plus but not a requirement, this one just happens to have them.

Damn, looks like I'll have to pass on that particular layout. Thanks user

Any RGB Pok3r owners here who still use their stock caps? How are they holding up, any shine?

Got a HHKB Pro 2 for Christmas.

Couldn't be happier with it, Topre is my new favorite switch. May even pick up the type-s model.

where can I get a cheap carrying bag/pouch/case for a tenkeyless board? want something mostly for dust protection, similar to some phone velvet pouches

Wonder if they're better than the novatouch.

Where are my Pok3r fags?

They are.

Just noticed you asked. So far pretty well. Been rocking them as a daily driver for 3 months now with no change that i can see.

Hmm looking more into the ErgoDox keyboards

I'm not sure if I like the Gateron switches. It seems like the gateron blues are both louder than the cherry blues *and* more importantly, require a higher actuation force.

I have a keyboard with the MX Clears (55g) and I already basically can't type on it compared to my MX Blues (50g). It feels like I'm typing on old rubber domes for how hard they are to depress. And these Gateron Blues are supposed to be even higher (60g)?!

The only other tactile switch they offer are the Gateron Browns (55g); which would be the same as the Cherry MX Clears if these numbers are correct - and I definitely don't enjoy typing on those at all.

So ugh, what do I do? Do I try and buy an older ErgoDox that still had MX Blues, or what?

Where did you get those numbers?
deskthority.net/wiki/Gateron_KS-3_series
I personally really like my browns, but you should test it yourself. You can get different switches if you get parts on falbatech or that one american website.

Actuation force only tells you so much about how heavy the switch is. Clears are only 55g after the tactile bump. At bottom out it's more like 90g. Just use this to look up force graphs:

input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/

Thanks, that's exactly the sort of website I was looking for - something that actually fucking measures these things as a graph.

Based on this, the Gateron Blues seem just as easy (even easier) to press as the MX Blues.

Random fucking sources on the internet because nothing seems to report them consistently or even using the same units, all in one place.

Who here /modelm/?

Yes, Gateron in fake Cherry MX. It's still better.
Seeing as you have to respond to what keyboard you have pictured, why don't you just put the name in the file name like I did with You should upgrade to something without that Bigass enter. But you should still keep it.

I have the chinese knockoff version of that keyboard called the Ajazz k33 or something, i like it but the number "2" key has the "@" symbol on it but its actually " and the ' key has the "@" instead. I think my drivers are the problem here but I dunno. Doesnt really bother me much since I have the muscle memory from years of normal keyboards

Any rubber dome aficionados here?

We're a small group of individuals boldly going against the grain in striving for tactile perfection. We prefer the gentle, organic feedback of a rubber dome over the robotic, cold click of soulless mechanical keyboards. The feeling is gentle and intoxicating - like typing on clouds. And best of all? In comparison to mechanical switches, rubber domes are almost inaudible.

Keyboard manufacturers prefer selling mechanical keyboards because they're much more expensive. They line their pockets with the money of clueless consumers who are unaware or simply do not care for an alternative.

I hope there are like-minded individuals here. Perhaps we could have daily rubber dome keyboard threads where we can share photos and anecdotes about our devices. I used my keyboard to type today, how about you? It's important that we stick together, us, users of these particular type of input devices. We have much in common.

same

8/10 would read this copypasta again.

Umm...wh...where did you find it? I kinda like it.

I just "bought" my first two nonshit keyboards!! It's a vintage Acer with some Alps knockoff rubber domes, and a Mitsumi something. Both for $3. I can't wait to pick them up.

well my keyboard collecting career is over and for the 10th year in a row my wife beat me at xmas.

is there any hope for a tkl realforce rgb?

Anyone know where I can get Japanese Cherry keycaps? Had a look online and cant seem to find anything.
Looking for the ones that have both the roman and Japanese characters on them.
Thanks.

originativeco.com/products/modern-beige?variant=18906335301

>originativeco.com/products/modern-beige?variant=18906335301
Thanks a bunch!

>tfw just found a cherry g80 for 8 bucks

No idea what color switches, but for that price anything is better than rubber dome

8 bucks? You sure that thing works?

Blacks most likely, the caps are nice
I paid 30 for 3 working ones as well

Yea, well rated vendor who gives warranty. It's a bulk sale from someone who either doesn't know or care the way it seems.

If there's any German anons interested, I can link the ebay shop

they were used en masse in the military i think

How loud is it? I checked out clips of it on youtube to see if it's loud as fuck cause I want to buy it and use it for college lectures but idk if it's loud in reality.

Not enough IBM's here
Here's a Model F

how do you use that thing without killing your spine

youtube.com/watch?v=hK2cnxXauls

What do you mean?

Nice copypasta.

Not even wrong though.

that thing is gigantic, your mouse has to be on the other side of the room
do you sit on your chair like a spaceship commander or do you lean over to the left for typing?