Sup Forums Cringe Thread

>"I want the one with the touchscreen"

>can I play games on it?

>"Lenovo thinkpads are good!"

are they not though?

>chromebooks are bad

Thinkpads are hot fucking garbage, enjoy your chinese spyware, or if used, enjoy your dinosaur jizz encrusted piece of shit.

this. dell is literally the only company you can trust when it comes to laptops

>t. mactoddler
All windows computers come with touchscreens now. Have fun with your quarter inch LCD touchbar.

touchscreens are a fucking gimmick and a meme. Literally nobody needs them. They're un-ergonomic as fuck and only serve to strain the wrists of any idiot who feels the need to use it 90% of the time when they have a trackpad and keyboard right below them. I don't even own a laptop. But whenever I use one I sure as hell don't go straight to touch the screen, leaving it full of fingerprints and swipe marks when I could just act like a normal human being and not some stupid retard that gets hype over every useless feature on new tech. Touchscreens on laptops are shit and they will forever be shit. Buy a fucking tablet ffs.

>I don't even own a laptop.
Opinion disregarded.

Please give me one good reason why a touchscreen in any way is a better alternative to a mouse/trackpad + keyboard.

Image manipulation, pdf manipulation are really big use cases for touchscreens (instead of scroll wheel and dragging, you just pinch zoom the part you want more detail). Luckily the trackpad, keyboard and mouse options are still readily available, but it does make a couple of tasks a lot more easier to do. Including one certainly doesn't hurt.
Now on the Mac, it removes an entire row of keyboard and replaces it with a shitty, less functional touch screen. That's shit design.

you can still switch them back to regular function keys if you want. You just touch the arrow on the left side and its there.

>"macshit"

Not tactile, and changing the volume requires touching an arrow then dragging a slider instead of just having a button. At least they got the escape key kinda right, it still responds even if you press the very right of the touch bar where there's no screen underneath.

Why are touchscreen laptops a thing?Why not just use a phone or tablet?

What about Asus?

Fuckers bricked me twice on "business ultrabooks" that were overpriced af.
Never again unless a retailer comes out with a sick deal.
Yes, I was a dumb kid and fell for the memes.

Pretty okay build quality on high end models but allegedly shit customer service when something fails

HP has GOAT customer service. I got a dock with an EliteBook that was DOA. Contacted customer support, had a new one the next day.

Same with Dell, except it was the laptop charger that stopped working after a month.

Yeah, having 20 hours battery, fuckton of connectivity, instant docking on dedicated port and three SSDs in a 12.5'' ultrabook with the best ultrabook keyboard and no screen flex is fucking awful.

>ohwait
>posted from my X250

well HP has to be, because their hardware is so shit. I cant believe they're still in business.

I've lost two hp printers, two pc, and bough a third one that i had to sell back because of how shitty it was.

DELET THIS

Its the same idea as the touch bar except 200% better. You see the fucking thing on the screen? Oh look you can touch it. Good for tech illiterates and grandmas that don't understand why a fucking apple trackpad has 30 hidden functions. Also for near blind people that can't see where the cursor is.

I gave you 3 reasons why touchscreen is better. Give me 3 reasons why touchbar is better. Remember that you applefags came up with the touchscreen on stuff and now you're not even using it at all.

I refuse to believe that this is anything but low quality bait.

>"Windows 10 is great!"