Best IRC client?

Which is the best IRC Client?
(pic related is the only one I know)

weechat.... Got it working on windows

weechat

>2017
>irc

Not really an answer because there probably is something better I don't know about, but I have been using mIRC for years and it has never failed me. I recently discovered about BitlBee and I'm so fucking happy knowing I can use mIRC for almost anything.

>almost 2016+1
>using IRC
ahahahahah

mIRC

Irssi

hexchat. Because it's piss simple.

No

Xircon

irc? isnt that what virgins use to talk to each other? lol

>not telnetting into irc
stay pleb.

hexchat

the fact that you even mention virginity gives me the feeling that you never lost yours

Discord

ayy, nice bait.

irssi

Hexchat is the best on Windows, and the easiest to configure/get used to on Linux.
Weechat is what you should use if you either don't care about ricing, want to look like a hacker, or actually rice the fuck out of your terminal and weechat.

>projecting this much

i used to make out with girls from mirc, i even had a girlfriend back then. actually mirc was a pretty nice program to get to know people. its sad that people dont hang in there that much now.

this

>2017
>still 2016

Completely agree. Dated a girl for 4 years IRL from irc after we cursed each other extensively for a number of years.

Irssi is the only foss one that i know of that has "hidpi" support cross platform. It also doesn't have that horrifically shitty weechat bug where one can't use the same configuration directory for multiple instances of weechat.

If you don't have hidpi, hexchat jus werks.

Textual for MacOS is pretty nice

>hidpi
>terminal app
What?

Exactly.

You don't need DPI scaling in a terminal emulator. At worse you just need a larger font size if its not hidpi aware.

That's what I did on my macbook because gtk+ hidpi doesn't work on macOS. Its also why I ended up installing Debian on it.

I stopped using IRC a couple of years ago, but last I checked Hexchat was still the best.

No, they go on places like Sup Forums these days.

I also forgot to mention that irssi works fine with znc unlike a shitload of various Foss clients I tried.

Such as... Pidgin, colloquay, telepathy, etc...

If you're looking for an android one, atomic "jus werks"™

hexchat is good, even past the entry level clients

irssi for the win

Konversation

IRCCloud

irc is probably the best protocol for simple communication still, anyone can run a server and there are a good number of clients. IRC will be dead when something comes along that can finally replace it. like matrix.org