Mfw poorfags pretend their 2500k can compete with modern processors from Intel

>mfw poorfags pretend their 2500k can compete with modern processors from Intel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xhuC8Tf9i3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I bet you're just a good goy who buys a new CPU and motherboard to go with it every processor generation, just to get those sweet 5% improvements.

>uses mommy's money to buy every gen's high-tier CPU
>just shitposts all day

My CPU will be fine for another 5 years, user. Just like the 2500K is still fine now.

>TFW there are retards that upgrade to a newer gen i5 or i7 when they could get a X99 system for the same money
7700K costs the same as the 6800K here

r8 my laptop faggets

Botnet/10

No one is implying that you dumbass. I've literally never heard anyone claim that.

They are simply saying that an i2500 is more than enough for modern tasks which is true.

>another 5 years
I don't know about that. Maybe another 2, perhaps 3 years tops.

Games are already recommending the 4770K for their recommended CPU option. It'll be the minimum spec before you know it.

CPU performance hit a wall years ago; we're no longer doubling every 18months, probably more like barely 5%

Even going by that logic, modern CPUs are still almost 20% faster than a 2500k.

>modern CPUs are still almost 20% faster than a 2500k
Which makes them not really worth shelling out for.

Hell I only bothered to overclock my 2500k this year.

This gen made no improvement at all. Only lower tdp.
I only upgrade to 2x better things.

i have a 4670k and feel the same way. haven't even OCed yet :^p

This.
I have a 920

>yfw you got jewed

>>mfw poorfags pretend their 2500k can compete with modern processors from Intel
The real question is will a new processor perform better on Dwarf Fortress?

>Buying quad core meme power consumption junk
>No ECC support
>No QPI link

kaby/skylake i3, 220tdp+ capable cooler, aaand overclocking to the max.
Now your cpu can handle 100 dwarves instead of 80

How the fuck can they even get away with this shit?

Yes, stock 4770k

because theres people out there that buys K models, but dont overclock them

Same kind of person that has a 4770k and gets a 6600k

Cuckacoo

People still buy it

I have a Phenom II X6 1055T overclocked to 3.0GHz. No need to upgrade.

kill yourself, street shitter

top lel
Wonder how an OCed 2500k vs a brand new i3 OCed compares overall

My guess is the 2500k wins because it has 4 actual cores, instead of memecores

Upgrading past my 486 dx? Fucking rich fags

>This gen made no improvement at all. Only lower tdp
This

tfw owning 2600k and beating ur ass hard, u ultra faggit

i have a 2500k and a GTX1070. all games run maxed, no bottlenecks. What were you saying again?

Virtualize much?

It's fast enough for shitposting, sure.

>15W Skylel Dualcore is faster than 125W Phenom II X4

Because that's at the same clocks, and in theory the newer ones with the higher base clock should be able to overclock higher

ie at stock speeds on both the new one wins, at max OC the new one wins, only when clocked the same should they tie

>hello i am a spastic retarded neet who needs aproval from a rhodesian glove kniting copy room for letting my parents money get jew.

Thats all i read.
>youtube.com/watch?v=xhuC8Tf9i3I

I've got a 960 and a solid mobo still. I wouldn't mind grabbing a 980 or 990X if I could find one for a decent price.

Yeah. Sucks to be poor, doesn't it?

Nice b8 but my i5-2400 still does what it needs to do.

I see you didn't even bother to read the op

I didn't even you in the what now?

2500k can't, but a 2600k can with ease.

3750k still going strong

Perform in what?

To all the 7700k fags, the chip you want is the 7600k unless you're willing to delid. When your 6600k is running at 4.5ghz the 7600k would be 5 ghz

in your mom, faget

This is sad.
So many retards on Sup Forums getting jewed.
There's no better definition of getting scammed than paying the full price of your first CPU in order to upgrade to a CPU that will have 1% difference in performance.
Truly sad.

The 7600k is confirmed to run hotter than a 6600k at the same overclocks

>"Jewed"

>benchmarking CPU on GPU loads
Should I even say ? You won't listen. People who would listen wouldn't post that in the first place.

I know more than you about technology precisely because i'm a gaymer.
It gives me a technology trait bonus.
You are wrong in everything you say.

but it is the same card. The better CPU can utilize more of it than the lesser. Can i even say ?

>Difference between Haslel and Ivy Bridge
I call BS.

>difference between skykek and broadlel
I call BS.

Mount gaymer.
Still a shitty way to benchmark. Game performance is barely reproducible. It only holds SOME merit if the game itself has a benchmarking tool.

(You)

Do you mean like the benchmark tool GTA V has that is being used for this bench? Like that sort of tool?

>3 generations for

Probably. I never checked it.

the comparison was between the 2600K and the 6700K. Do you just skim and scan for images to giggle at and miss the text or are you just gay?

>3% increase from Haswell to Skylake

Yes, Jewed. I have one Sandy and one Haswell CPU and I just keep watching the generations fly by without giving me a single real incentive to upgrade.

>tfw my 2820QM can actually compete with modern laptops

I have a 920 from a dead mobo but can't find 1366 mobos locally
Guess I could do ebay, should before 1366 becomes super scarce.
I figure more than powerful enough for a media center rig

thats why i bought a 6600k

They have no competition. You have no choice but to buy from Intel if you want a higher end CPU.

how is my desktop looking?

>can compete with modern processors for average consumer use*

it can compete faggot

you're not gonna get a crazy improvement, you need to wait like 8 years for that

>tfw recently bought a 6600k
>tfw cheaped out and bought an i3 in 2011 when i could have got a 2500k and still not have to upgrade

>noun - a network of private computers infected with malicious software and controlled as a group without the owners' knowledge, e.g., to send spam messages.

How exactly?

That's because new laptops don't need a jet engine cooler and provide 4x the battery life

Are you an idiot?
You could have bought an i7 2600 and not had to worry about ram or a new mobo.

Fucking weaboos.

there is a difference between being wealthy and wasting money.

Wealthy people don't waste money. That's why they're wealthy. I have enough wealth that I could buy a new cpu/mobo each year, but why the fuck would I? I'd rather spend that money on something else instead of a shitty incremental performance increase.

t. Poorfag who maintains some slight sight of wealth by not spending unnecessarily

t. retard

unless you have dual 24 core zenos you cant call anyone a pleb, owning a $350 cpu hardly makes you a richfag

>he missed buying a 2500k

Embarrassing how little processors have improved in the last 5 years. I want Ryzen to be good so Intel is forced to innovate.

>thinks running a game only strains the gpu

OH BOY arent we golden boyo?

werks fine for me with a 1070

Too poor for a 2500k, boss.

Well, you are running lenovo. That's the exact definition of botnet. Take a look at superfish.

why do you people keep basing your shitty opinions on a chink graph that you can't even understand. you see two fucking bars and that's enough proof for you? god damn retards