/hpg/ - Headphone General

~~ PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE ~~
>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.
If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clarityfidelity.blogspot.com/2016/10/sony-mdr-1000x-bt-nc-over-ear-headphones.html
innerfidelity.com/content/outstanding-bose-quiet-comfort-35-wireless-noise-canceling-headphone-measurements
amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Cs-Headphone/dp/B01JP436TS/ref=sr_1_3?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1482765479&sr=1-3&keywords=Sennheiser
amazon.com/Brainwavz-HM5-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B006MA9XXM
amazon.com/Perfect10-Over-Ear-Headphones-ComfortMax®-XPT100/dp/B0093PVTPS
youtube.com/watch?v=X6wBv03B1nk
amazon.com/1MORE-Triple-Driver-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B01A7G35S0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=thehealis-20&linkId=1ed096328d002ac575f94214dc3f2ab2&th=1
amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00A39PPDK?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ3NOW7JKGQLTEY4A&tag=cnet-api-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00A39PPDK
amazon.com/gp/product/B00A2QLPJM/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Redpill me on the Sony MDR-1000X

Hey Tyll,

Thanks for your reviews at always. InnerFidelity is awesome!

Your truly,
A fan

Hi! user from Sup Forums here. Today I will be reviewing shitposts on /hpg/.
This post is well-written, sincere and quite good sounding, although it could be a little bit more detailed. I hope you all get a chance to read this post soon.

Where I can find a dual jack for this one? I really want to turn on the extreme audio cable.

A dual jack?
What?
It's an RCA to 3.5 mono cable

Better and more modern than boses qc35

You missed the first post.

I mean there is a dual version so I could connect them to this one?

If already i need cox one with dual RCA

pls help me, im lost

Please could you guys redirect me on this one?

Oh, you want a dual RCA to 3.5 stereo

the one you have is just a single RCA to 3.5 mono

You're lost?? Look at that 3.5mm connector. It's mono. Not stereo bro. It's not gonna work unless you really wanted both supposedly RCAs to be both mono too.

>Measurements:
clarityfidelity.blogspot.com/2016/10/sony-mdr-1000x-bt-nc-over-ear-headphones.html
innerfidelity.com/content/outstanding-bose-quiet-comfort-35-wireless-noise-canceling-headphone-measurements

The response is pretty poor on either without ANC/Bluetooth active.
Digital operation activates the EQ which patches up major issues, but the EQ choice is still somewhat questionable, and they still aren't amazing. Could apply additional EQ of your own.

Which one is less bad in passive mode? Personally the Sony, I think, whereas I would say the Bose wins in active mode.

my akg k702 started emitting crackling noises on the left speaker at low frequencies (very noticable at 50Hz). the noises disappear at low and high volumes and vary with orientation.
anything obvious i can try?

I test it, and it actually worked, but only one side of the headphones can make sound. So where I can find the dual version?

I need two inouts, or whatever?

I mean dual for this one

Xb1000 are better

Looking for a pair of high quality earbuds with good bass.

Looking at pic related atm..

pls respond?

>Budget
~100USD, though price can very because of my location.

>Location
Balkans

>Source
PC

>Type of headphone
Over ear

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Comfortable. Good noise isolation is important to feel comfortable. It is the main reason I want to buy something new. I don't want to hear the pricks I live with and the neighbours.

>Sound signature
Not sure what to say here. I want to use it mostly for watching TV series and playing games. I do listen to music, but just as a background, I don't need some superb quality.

>Past headphones
Shit

Also it is important to have a detachable capable. Bluetooth not required.

Someone already recommended m40x, but without elaborating.

What's good bass? Flat? Boosted?

>ITT poorfags that argue about $100 headphones

Good for rap and dnb, so megabass

99% of IEMs do that.

Never mind, I found the stereo ver one without your help

Stop impersonating me.. That's what I was going to say almost tho

I also want proper soundstage and crispness..

And if you are curious i meant these ones

Are
>amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Cs-Headphone/dp/B01JP436TS/ref=sr_1_3?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1482765479&sr=1-3&keywords=Sennheiser
Good? What would be better for the price? Was looking at these, HM5 from Brainwavz and and NVX perfect 10s.

>amazon.com/Brainwavz-HM5-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B006MA9XXM
>amazon.com/Perfect10-Over-Ear-Headphones-ComfortMax®-XPT100/dp/B0093PVTPS

This is a pretty silly beginner thing to ask but I just got $100 for christmas and was looking around for some good headphones and settled on AKG 240s after hearing real good stuff about them, however I'm really new to the world of higher end headphones and still only listen to mp3s on Musicbee, so will I actually notice much of a change from my shitty apple earpods?

forgot to mention that I'd like a good pair for recording and mixing and general music production too so I'd like to know if they're very reliable for those things

I'm looking for some IEM's with a mic for traveling, any recommendations?
Would say around 75£ budget or something like that, doesnt really matter.
My current headphones are AKG 712 pro.

follow up:
removed the ear pads and there was a small hair stuck in the speaker.

youtube.com/watch?v=X6wBv03B1nk

Buy beats by Dre, the best pair of headphones out there. While you are at it pick up the latest MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

probably Soundmagic e10
there's a lot of different versions so check which are the best, I think e10c is the best but don't take my word for it

amazon.com/1MORE-Triple-Driver-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B01A7G35S0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=thehealis-20&linkId=1ed096328d002ac575f94214dc3f2ab2&th=1

>xDDDDD
Fuck off

still fairly new to Sup Forums so I'm not sure if the AKGs are a meme on here or not, just came over from Sup Forums but I'm well aware of how shitty beats and everything apple are just wanted some real advice since I don't really know shit

The older K240 600 Ohms are god tier. The newer 55 Ohm ones are boring memes. Just go with Sennheiser HD558 or something.

Still doesn't say much about the sound isolation. And I certainly certainly don't have the place to buy from his pads or the HM5 pads and they make it cost more.

>but I'm well aware of how shitty beats and everything apple are
so you don't know, just repeating some bullshit which you read on the internet. kind of what Sup Forums does most of the time.

meant for

buying from a physical store
there are unknown brands, known brands but very overpriced(ATH-AD500X for 225 euro LUL that should give u an idea) and the hd 559 for 140 euro which is pretty much not overpriced. Should I get it?
gonna be my first pair of headphones.

>amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00A39PPDK?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ3NOW7JKGQLTEY4A&tag=cnet-api-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00A39PPDK

Anyone compare these to ATH-M50x or similar headphones?

I want an on ear headphone. Thoughts on the Denon HiFi AH-MM300? It's below €100 now.

t. nigger

Hey, newbie when it comes to audio, I know a little bit, but not enough to say I ordered the right thing. The loving gf got me a pair of DT 880 Pro's 250 ohms.

I could tell, as she also told me, that I would need an amp for these.

So I thought my best option was a well praised budget DAC/amp.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00A2QLPJM/

I also got a nice toslink to output from my motherboard. Will this be enough?

ATH-M50X or hd 559
idk what im looking for first pair of headphones just something good all around
have some cakeu

Beats and apple aren't 'shit' but they're overpriced and shit compared to actual top headphones.

It will be enough, the e10k is more than enough for my hd600's. Don't fall for the memes when it comes to amps. Keep it simple lad.

Where were you when Hifiman shills were BTFO and silenced once and for all?

I thought for headphones, what you said, was pretty much the guide line. Ordered the amp and cable for $72.

Was utilizing my Optical out a good idea or does it not really matter?

>Budget
~100USD

>Location
Western Europe

>Source
Phone

>Type of headphone
Over ear

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
--

>Sound signature
Dunno, I will listen to anything from IDM and nu jazz to beatdown hardcore

>Past headphones
Aurvana Live! 2

>Budget
Up to $300

>Location
USA

>Source
PC

>Type of headphone
Over ear

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Good enough so I can wear them a few hours at a time.

>Sound signature
Preferably neutral but mildly V shaped is ok.

>Past headphones
Bose AE2 (kind of weak and lacking bass)
M50X (too bassy at the expense of the mids)

I'm basically looking for something between the two.

Before I even answer that is your headphone jack 3.5mm? will it even fit that amp?

>pro instead of 600 ohm
>880 instead of 990

3.5 with a screw on 1/4". I'm good on that side.

my gf asked Sup Forums for help. Also the comfort is delicious, so I'm already super happy with it. Already a massive upgrade from the SR850's I was using.

Yeah. everything should be fine then. If you feel you can't hear a difference or there's a problem with the amp/setup then I'm assuming you can return it hassle free with amazon.

That was the plan, I didn't think headphones need anything crazy for noticeable difference via an amp/dac, enough so I could find a combo that had optic out.

If you know any upgrades under $150 that fit my criteria in case this doesn't work out?

I looked at doing a Schiit set up with the standalone boxes, but I was fairly certain my ears are far from golden enough to hear the difference to justify the $200 set up.

990 is literally just a shit 880

>JUST BOUGHT SHURE SE215

THOUGHTS?

The whole replaceable cable for in ear headphones looks like it's worth its weight in gold.

600 ohm version is godlike when driven properly, shits all over 880.

Some will say otherwise here but I previously owned the o2 amp+odac combo. Many people look between that and the schit stack as an upgrade or a first good amp setup after buying good headphones. After borrowing my friends fiio e10k I realized that both amps sound exactly the same with hd600's, k702's k712 and fidelio x2's.

Basically, I fell for a meme, the o2 combo is way more expensive than the e10k and it offered nothing besides a line out option that was loud/powefull enough to use plugged into my ps4 controller. Besides that, used direct with your computer they sound exactly the same. Unless your amp is clearly worse than the e10k (which I doubt) the you have nothing to worry about.

Anyone's using ASUS Xonar Essence STX/STX II with low impedance headphones? Is it true that they make them sound like ass due to the high impedance output and that I need one of those chinese impedance increasing adapters from ebay?

Thanks

Stupid newbie question. The headphoens with big pads, are you ears suppose to fit in the empty space and the pads go around the ear instead on the ear?

Hey /hpg/ I'm looking for a EDC DAC, I'm planning on buying pic related. Are they any good?

best commercial active noise cancelling in-ears?

it depends if they're on ear or over ear

basically, if it's large enough to go over your ears, it's over here, if it's not, it's on ear

just get an e12 mont blanc unless you want it as a fashion accessory in which case oppo makes decent gear, though usually overpriced

as far as I know, bose are the kings of active noise cancelling

With Sony MDR-7506 or MDR-V6 they are full-sized headphones but if you treat them as on-ear pads you lose seal and no bass... Sony 7506/V6's go over your ear helix.

Ordered these W30 few days ago...anybody got some input on these?

ty, seems like it, pity there is no more competition 200 beans is a bit much for in-ears and headphones are just to unusable for my everyday

>citation needed.

repost:

>budget
>location
amerikkka
>source
phone / computer into av receiver
>type
dgaf
>open or closed
either
>signature
neutral
>past headphones
mdr v6, sennheiser meme headphones, koss ksc 75, koss ksc 35, monoprice meme iems

>when driven properly
lol

662 evo

Are comply tips worth it? Does genuine make a big difference? (Compared to generic silicone tips)

Reminder to clean your IEMs fellow /hpg/ers

>MDR-7506

How are those?

I just want some music listening headphones. Why's it gotta be so complicated.

dt770

ill make this simple i got no other option choose between these 2:
ATH-M50X for 130 euro or hd 559 140 euro?
first pair of headphones so i got no preferences yet just want something solid all around for movies>gaming>music(mainstream and animu)

>budget
$200 is fine, but I'd want to ideally get closer to $100 if possible

>location
USA

>Source
iPod 4th gen / Laptop

>Type
I've always had IEMs, but want to try over ear for once

>open or closed
closed

>comfort level
I'll probably be wearing these for hours at a time, with time off in between

>sound signature
Dunno about this too much, but from what I've read, I'm leaning towards warm sound for chill beats, maybe something neutral?
I can mess around with the equalizerAPO thing if that helps fix things

>past headphones
Right now I have a pair of Soundmagic E10 headphones
They've been good, but I'm not sure if I know what even good is, so maybe these will help

So far, I'm thinking about the Beyerdynamic DT-1350-80 headphones for $170

Just want it for mostly isolation and sound quality for train commutes and listening to while in the office, where the other people are sitting pretty close.

Also important is a nice sound quality to price ratio while trying to get something more durable in a higher price tier.

Thoughts or any other recommendations? Thanks

(Repost from last thread)
>Budget
40-100 USD, preferably below 60.

>Location
US

>Source
Almost always PC, maybe phone

>Type of headphone
Full sized

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Very Comfortable

>Sound signature
Even, slighly bassy is acceptable

>Past headphones
Cheap Logitech and Razers (Not looking for a mic)

Hello! My current Headset (Plantronics Gamecom 380) has died, so i'm looking to get a headphone (not headset).
I've been wanting to upgrade to good quality audio since a long time ago, but i had no reason to until right now.

>Budget: 50 ~ 80€
>Location: France
>Source: Jack or USB 2.0
>Type: Full size!
>Open or closed: I don't know the difference as in i've never tried listening from an open headphone and then from a closed. Not sure at all.
>Comfort level: Good. So far my previous headset was not heavy and fitted my head quite nicely. I could move my head around without any problem as long as i wasn't doing it too fast, and it never hurted me
>Sound signature: no idea!
>Past headphones: Plantronics Gamescom 380. I liked pretty much everything about it except two thing: sound quality that didn't suits my needs, and the cable because i hate cables. Otherwise, the weight, size, shape and look were all very satisfying.

Speaking of cables, i was wondering if wireless headset were any good? Considering if i had one i would stand 90% of the time at less than 30cm from the emitter, and the 10% would be 3m away, would it be good for me to buy one? I absolutely hate the cables of headsets and if it means having a bit of sound latency, i don't really mind as long as it sounds good.

Thank you!

take this with of a grain of salt but i have ath-m50x and my sister has hd 558 and her headphones sound way better. ath-m50x are a meme in my opinion and i just bought 558s from amazon yesterday. the open back makes the sound way better but also then they are not noise isolating like ath-m50xs and also other people can hear what youre listening to

662 evo
>Sound signature: no idea!
preferred music or will you mainly use it for games/movies

alright since its mostly for home use ill go with open back then
i can do with earbuds on road trips.

music, i listen heavily to music. I do game a lot but i listen to music around 70% of the time or more

Is Sennheiser good? I was thinking of getting some ~$25 Sennheiser earbuds on Amazon, but I'm not sure if I'll really be getting anything better than what I'd get from some chinkshit from RadioShack.

I want something with good sound quality, because I feel like my headphones are preventing me from enjoying music. I literally barely like any of it.

Who Team Fake Sennheiser here? They look and sound just as good for 1/3 of the price.

Were my JBL s500 synchros worth it for 100 euros? Also enough of an improvement over JBL Bassline? Sound card is the gpu one (1080) and music is mostly Flac cuz im a retard with a lot of hdd

Does it change anything when you use this type of cord? It cleans the sound from distortions?

>It cleans the sound from distortions?
Only if you attach a bag of magical audiophile pebbles to it.

Fake sennheisers? Cant possibly sound as good knowing chinks

M40x is probably more noise isolated than PHILIPS SHB8850NC/00?

The build quality might be better, lmao.