/sqt/ - Stupid Question Thread

Stupid questions, undeserving of their own threads

Victim-blaming edition.

I have two wifi adapters. How do I set one to act as an access point that shares the internet access from the other one's connection?

>wifi1 connected to router with internet access
>wifi2 lets others connect to my computer to use wifi1's connection

How do I make this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

microcenter.com/product/434236/2TB_7,200_RPM_SATA_III_6Gb-s_35_Internal_Hard_Drive_DT01ACA200_-_Bare_Drive
bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-120gb-internal-sata-solid-state-drive-plus-for-laptops/5394600.p?skuId=5394600
amazon.ca/Crucial-MX300-525GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B01IAGSD68/ref=s9_simh_gw_g147_i1_r?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=0H6YDHC216Y21D6722YE&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=b06971ce-9992-44c1-9ee0-eb9792e71b5e&pf_rd_i=desktop
bestbuy.com/site/pny-cs1311-120gb-internal-sata-solid-state-drive-black/4825603.p?skuId=4825603
microcenter.com/product/398271/Blue_1TB_7,200_RPM_SATA_III_60Gb-s_35_Internal_Hard_Drive_WD10EZEX_-_Bare_Drive
microcenter.com/product/415198/Blue_Mainstream_1TB_7200RPM_SATA_III_6Gb-s_35_Internal_Hard_Drive_-_WDBH2D0010HNCNRSN
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.latin
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Wtx62R
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was trying to install the sound-manager Gnome extension, but my adventure stopped when this popped up

checking for gnomeui >= 1.4.0 applets >= 1.4.0... Package gnomeui was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gnomeui.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'gnomeui' found Package applets was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `applets.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'applets' found
configure: error: Library requirements (gnomeui >= 1.4.0 applets >= 1.4.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

After scratching my head long enough trying to satisify these dependencies i finally gave up.
So i'm asking you, wat do?

How do I enable the 0 dB mode for the RX 480?
The driver control panel won't let me set the fan speed to less than 522 RPM.

I know 3rd party fan controls can get the job done, but I want to do this the "right" way to avoid overheating.

What is the best ISO mounter or whatever you wanna call it? I pirated Shadow Warrior 2 and need to install it with the ISO. I know there is PowerISO but was hoping that maybe there was a free alternative.

windows explorer.
if you're on a outdated OS try wincdemu.

If you run above 8 just doubleclick the iso
Below that try WinCDEmu

Thanks! The windows one is probably the best since it doesn't require me to install anything, I'll just use this one.

Suppose I download a file from the internet twice then I proceed to compare their checksums and they turn out to be different. So then I download the file a third time and it's checksum matches with one of the previous files.

Is it safe to assume that the two files with the same checksums are the exact same file the server is supposed to be sending and the other file got damaged on it's way? Why is this happening?

Is this reliable? microcenter.com/product/434236/2TB_7,200_RPM_SATA_III_6Gb-s_35_Internal_Hard_Drive_DT01ACA200_-_Bare_Drive

Toshiba DT01ACA200, 2tb @ 7200 RPM

i need to get rid of a $50 best buy gift card, i want an ssd for my desktop, and i dont know much about ssds
bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-120gb-internal-sata-solid-state-drive-plus-for-laptops/5394600.p?skuId=5394600
is this good, is it literally only for laptops, or will it work with a pc as well?

I'm looking to buy a new laptop, preferably in the $400-500 range

15.6" screen, going to be doing some schoolwork and programming on it. probably some light gaming too like Civ V and stuff. any recommendations?

is this a good price? $150CAD for a 500GB Crucial Mx300 SSD

amazon.ca/Crucial-MX300-525GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B01IAGSD68/ref=s9_simh_gw_g147_i1_r?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=0H6YDHC216Y21D6722YE&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=b06971ce-9992-44c1-9ee0-eb9792e71b5e&pf_rd_i=desktop

I am not in a hurry and can wait a few months though, but is this worth it?

mate 9 any good or should i not go for chink brands?

bestbuy.com/site/pny-cs1311-120gb-internal-sata-solid-state-drive-black/4825603.p?skuId=4825603

thank you

ahoyhoy

Does anyone know of any good laptops for running Linux that are lightweight, have good battery life and at least HD screen?
Somewhere between 13" and 15" is good

So far I've found the Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition and Lenovo Carbon X1 -- but they also have a lot of shit I don't really care about and are a bit expensive (I'd like to avoid paying for windows if possible) -- but that's not too much of an issue.

Honestly I'm considering getting a Mac but I don't know if I can do that to myself.

200 dollar intel chromebook

Interesting, I never looked into those, cheers!

Are graphics card drivers installed within the operating system, or are they installed to the card itself like firmware? I've installed Ubuntu to a second hard drive to just fuck around with but it won't boot because of my graphics card. All the solutions say to install or reinstall the drivers but I don't know if that will have any effect when I stop fucking around and go back to my Windows install.
I would have googled it but I can't word the search in a way to get the answer I need.
And before you say I know I'm retarded.

What's the best photo viewer?

What photo viewer should I use?

My headset's microphone picks up the sound that is being played on the headphones. When I talk on teamspeak others can hear the in game sound I hear. What can I do?

Turn down volume
Turn down mic
Get a filter for your mic

Guys, please quick. I need that photo of autistic apple fag that sits on the table and there's lot of macbooks, ipad and dr. beats headphones around him and boxes.

Can anyone help me out? Theres a Toshiba 2tb internal HDD at my local Microcenter and I'm heavily considering it because I really don't want to buy something online and have to wait

Found a iPhone 6

How do I unlock this shit so I can use it

Nope, it just keeps picking the output sound, any other solution? It's really annoying

Hold Home+Power until it goes in recovery, then reset with itunes

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S4. Do we have a guide or something on how to root it? I don't usually mess with phones.

anyone?

For sure mane thanks

Are OEM OSs trustworthy? I'm wanting to buy Windows 10, and the OEM version seems cheaper than retail.

trustworthy? it's the same thing, there's no difference.

Whats the best method for transferring data from multiple small and shitty hard drives to a new big hard drive?

robocopy/rsync

it's made for licensed system builders, it's just a cheaper version of the same thing, with less flashy packaging you won't find in walmart.

that was magical

i still cant tell if i find body pillows stupid or fun

I'm looking to get free digital TV without draping a cord across my apartment from where the port is. What's the easiest way to do this? I've got a chromecast coming, but I don't think it has a digital antenna.

Can I learn programming to get myself a job even if I'm not exactly the brightest learner out there? I just have passion and can apply myself to learning, but I don't think I'm a born programmer or anything.

Are there any gains from buying the latest greatest audio cards as apposed to buying an old audigy 2 or something?

I'm buying studio monitor headphones and I want to upgrade from onboard audio but my budget is pretty kill. I might can get away with an old cheap card probably used. If I go old and cheap, will I be missing out on something? I just want the best output I can get on the super cheap as possible.

Get one of those dirt-cheap DVB dongles, attach the aerial port with a short cable, set up a streaming network with any spare computer you got (These sticks are usually 480i at best, so no big deal for the gpu) then connect to the stream.
Or stop being a cheap pussy and run meters of cable.

ffs m8s

need some help, i think my graphics card is on the way out.

>turn on pc, sometimes it fails as it loads the desktop
>rarely it will get to the desktop but you cant see shit cause of lines and fuzz
>play any game, crashes within 10 mins if I'm lucky. random blue/red pixels and then total freeze / screen blanking in and out/ screen goes into warp drive
>total driver uninstall and reinstall still no use

any suggestions? shits fucked

what card is it and how long have you had it?

microcenter.com/product/398271/Blue_1TB_7,200_RPM_SATA_III_60Gb-s_35_Internal_Hard_Drive_WD10EZEX_-_Bare_Drive
microcenter.com/product/415198/Blue_Mainstream_1TB_7200RPM_SATA_III_6Gb-s_35_Internal_Hard_Drive_-_WDBH2D0010HNCNRSN

Packaging aside, is there any difference whatsoever between these two?

If you have onboard video, plug the monitor into there with nothing plugged into the video card and try to boot. See if you get the same issues. That should tell you.

If you're planning to use it a bit more give it the oven treatment (tinfoil below card, heat oven up to 385°F (200°C in non third-world units) and let it cook for around 10 minutes)

That is assuming it's not onboard.

>any suggestions?
buy a new video card
Just buy a length of cable and wire it neatly. Ask your landlord if you can drill holes, mine did this for me
you need a certain wacky personality to pull off the "ironic weeb" shtick, otherwise you just seem like a creep
Don't get a sound card, get a DAC. If your motherboard has spdif audio, you're all set, otherwise use HDMI. Turn up the sample rate in the audio settings. USB is also a decent option but a sound card would be better if you don't have spdif.

780 ti, i purchased it on 29/12/2013

hmm i'll give that a go, thank you

Why would this work or is this Sup Forumsmemes?

forgot to mention the recent BSOD were caused by
ntoskrnl.exe
dxgkrnl.sys

Failing video cards most of the times is due to solder breaking. 200° is about the melting point of solder, so a temperature near that will just reflow it

also, tinfoil balls below card, not tinfoil.

when using Hangouts the enter key that functioned as a multi-line key is replaced with an emoticon keyboard shortcut.

I've tried chrooma key, google keyboard, and swiftkey. None of them have the settings I desire. CM keyboard worked for having a multi-line enter key but It is limited in all other features (adjust keyboard height, change theme, etc)

Any suggestions for a decent keyboard that has a multi-line enter key in hangouts?

Who is the target audience for the cloudbook meme?
>Pic unbeelated

I'm using the default android 7.1 one and enter inserts a newline in hangouts.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.latin

Poorfag wanting to build himself a somewhat nice computer here (have been stuck on a cheap Thinkpad for ages), is it better to save up and buy everything at once or buy parts as you go and build once you get all of them?

Save up and buy everything at once

if you buy everything at once you can usually find one or more bundle deals to save you a few bucks

How do I get notifications to work on Deluge using Windows?

>pic related
What's the name of this widget?

Is there a way to modify this screen?

Yes, I know how to do it and I have all the resources available, but I don't know where to go. I know it's possible, but I don't know where it is. I know how to modify the boot animation, but not this screen.

The reason I ask is because SuperSU puts Lock image and "Custom" underneath it when you install it.

So, instead of saying Samsung Galaxy S7 powered by Android it says Samsung Galaxy S7 CUSTOM powered by Android. It might be due to SuperSU-v2.76.apk modify it. I'm about 85% sure. Because I, accidently, mounted /system/app the wrong way and restarted the phone making the logo disappear. It also broke every function of my phone. So, after fixing it here we are.

If it's the .apk modifying it, then whatever, I suppose. Just want to be sure. Would be NEET to modify it.

Are eye care monitors actually better for you or are they meme?

I just bought a 1080 to replace my 770. I have a 650 watt PSU. According to pcpartpicker my max wattage will be 613 watts with both cards. Would I be able to use my 770 as a physx card or could I be pulling too much power from the PSU at times and ruin it?

Would it even be worth it to turn it into a dedicated physx card?

I use a Thunderbolt 3 port to power a USB 3.1 hub. The downside to this of course is that of all the useful features I can use Thunderbolt 3 for, I'm just getting extra old ports. I sort of *need* those extra ports though so, If I buy ANOTHER Usb Type-C hub that has its own thunderbolt 3 port, could I plug in the hub to the dock which is plugged into the laptop and have it work?

(Almost everything TB3 has bad reviews on amazon so I feel so uneasy buying anything that uses it)

>>>/xda/
You're not even trying, there are one click root avalible for s4

LOOKOUT HE'S GOT A BOMB

Where can I find the source code the source code for the default cyanogenmod music player app?

Its custom because you changed the bootloader

I have two monitors. One which is my main and the other is just a shitty tv i got from a friend. The second one always worked and was connected via hdmi.
I recently got a new desk and moved everything over. I hadn't checked the new monitor to see if it works yet because there was a temporary power outage. The power came back and everything on the computer seems to be alright. Except i cannot get the second monitor to detect input. It's physically connected however my computer isn't detecting the hdmi.

Try the HDMI with something else. Blu-ray player, Video Game Console, another computer. If it doesn't work then, bad cord. If it doesn't, bad port.

Any of you use older thinkpads, ones with C2D cpus?

I am debating on whether or not to pick up a t400/x200

with 4gb of ram and an SSD, it should be sufficient for web browsing and video watching, right?

What does following mean?

X = { a, b, c, d }
Y = { e, f, g }

In addition, suppose
R is a member of X iff Y
& R = { (a,e), (a,f), (b,f), (b,g), (c,e) }

Specifically it's the "R is a member of X iff Y" that is confusing me

How can I force firefox to enable multiprocess with incompatible multiprocess add-ons enabled?

If I disable my jewtube dark theme multiprocess enables and works fine, but then jewtube hurts my eyes. I read that you can force it but couldn't see how when quickly searching

My galaxy S5 home button and window manager button are failing to work, even though the back button works some how. Is there an onscreen button program I can use to bypass this issue?

How I change the window size manually (without code)? Can't find it...

In your room editor, go to the "views" tab. What you're trying to change is the view port. Setting the x and y of that will set the size of your window.

Tell me a good F-Droid CBR reader please

Any way to use Linux from my USB without installing it on my main HDD?

Is there any way to get webm files to display a thumbnail?

"View in room" or "Port on Screen"?

deep packet inspection, or your router is messing up

itll work with PC, most SSDs are 2.5" you just need the SATA connector listed

Tell me

the dell inspiron kaby lakes are nice

persistent usb

Could you explain more? I literally can't do shit with that ABSURD amount of information you gave me.

Is private Internet access VPN a meme?

is that computer science math? i think iff is if and only if
R is a relation whose members are part of X and Y so first is part of X second of Y
im not sure im right im a cs student myself maybe i dont understand the question but thought id try

is it true that the sealed water cooling units have short life expectancies?

i have a corsair h90 on my rig since last year and recently i was talking to someone in real life that said that they only last 2 years and acted like i was an idiot for not knowing that

Woops, forgot about that part. It's "port on screen" you want.

you are an idiot for owning one anyway.
they are louder than good fan coolers, only get you like 2-3C but cost almost double.

Would you guys please critique my build?
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Wtx62R

i bought it for the aesthetic. i like how it looks in my case much more than a giant fan sitting on top of my cpu

(not my image but you get the idea)

Sorry user, I figured out how to do it, thanks!

didn't work, I still see these gaps

Tell me

if i don't care about power savings is it better to just leave my disks on all the time?

No

Guys might aswell ask here
My current setup is a lepai amp and a pair of B652 Air

Got 2 options, buy a 5.1 receiver a Bic America center channel and a pair of b652 as rears, that would cost me around 480-500 usd

The other options is to stay on stereo with my lepai amp and buy a pair of more expensive speakers like: Klipsch RP-160M-C, ELAC Uni-fi UB5 or Martin Motion 15

I thought starting and stopping constantly was worse for them?

No.
You're just going to wear it down having it spin 24/7,halfing your life

Every time I try to install Ubuntu MATE, it hangs at this screen. It also does it with regular Ubuntu. Manjaro and Antergos install just fine, but I'd really rather use Ubuntu MATE. I've had Ubuntu installed on here before, but I don't think I ran into any issues. Wat do.