LG G6 won't have a removable battery or a headphone jack

>LG G6 won't have a removable battery or a headphone jack

looks like that's it, lads. apple have cucked us out of yet another useful feature in the quest to be more kid-friendly.

is it too much to ask to find an android phone with an OLED screen, headphone jack (i can't fucking believe i need to list that as a feature), IR blaster and fingerprint reader?
removable battery and SD slot is a must, you may as well buy an iphone if you don't have those.

Other urls found in this thread:

thehackernews.com/2016/09/xiaomi-android-backdoor.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>worst selling iphone ever
>companies are mimicking it anyway
BANKRUPT when?

and yet manufacturers are falling over themselves to imitate it!
samsung have been a lost cause since the s6, but i had expected better from LG.

>tfw my way out of date note 4 is better than this shit

>2 years
>out of date
Phone shills, I swear.

if the new sony phones have no headphone jack i think i'll end up stuck with my nexus 6 forever
why does every company have to be such fucking assholes

>tfw chink piece of shit phones will have the headphone port, but "high end" shit wont

>why does every company have to be such fucking assholes
Because consumers are entitled pieces of shits. They want something better than Apple, yet want it cheap as well. This leaves no money for R&D. Every single phone manufacturer barring Samshit and some chink companies are having massive losses, and you entitled shits are completely to blame.

Test

>out of date
>Still one of the best phones on the market

Still feels the same, but with a LG G2 along with it

>i'm only interesting in buying something that meets my requirements as a consumer
>WAAAH WAAAH YOU ENTITLED SHITS

>They want something better than Apple, yet want it cheap as well. This leaves no money for R&D.
Headphone jacks are a very established feature that shouldn't require any R&D cost to add.

>headphone jacks are now an "optional feature"
Get cucked. If you only sell trash, then naturally no-one will buy it and it will be entirely your own fault

I wish I would have gotten the Note 4 instead of a Note 5

Sup Forums's Official list of last good phones:
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HTC M9
LG G4 if it were Bootloop immune
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Gearbest sales representatives need not apply.

>iTrash
>htc
No

OP here, i have an LG G5 and it's great.
if it had an OLED screen it'd be perfect.

Oops, forgot Nexus 6 (Motorola).

Sorry, it's the official list, shitpost-senpai.

Have a G2 and seriously considering getting a G5, but it is still good on its own.

Just got a 7200mah extended battery and a 64gb SD card for my S5.

>but user, don't you want a new phone? Yours is old!

I dunno, I'm actually starting to come around to the no headphone jack thing. Putting my iPod in my pocket has fucked so many headphone cables it's seriously not funny, so for Christmas I bought myself a pair of Bluetooth headphones. For those who do still need or want a headphone jack, they ought to still be able to get one, but I no longer see it as a must have for myself.

>HTC M9
Why is the HTC 10 not recommended?

i'll never consider charging your headphones to be acceptable, and i'll never buy hardware that seeks to legitimise the practice.

Yep they're all starting to do this, android is regressing to before how it was in 2010 because manufacturers are under contract by shitty ISPs to make retarded phones more manufactured to be obsolete sooner.

You want a chinese phone. These aren't shitty products, there are proper companies based in china and hong kong that make real phones with real features and the price is a quarter of any phone sold in the USA. /csg/ isn't just for cheap shit, the chinese phone market is exploding because nobody wants to deal with this bullshit in the USA. You literally can't walk into any retail store and find any android phone with even one of these features now.

This. I tried Bluetooth headphones multiple times and while the charging itself doesn't bother me, the tech just isn't that great yet. They all sound like shit, and I'm not even an audiophile.

Shittier speakers, the standout feature that made the previous HTC Ms so great.

If you're thinking about getting the HTC 10. don't and get the Pixel instead.

Seems to me like an odd place to draw the line in the sand, but suit yourself. I already have to charge a bunch of things, what's one more?

>overpriced
>no microSD
>no removable battery

we're here to debate android phones, user. not iPhones.

t. Gearbest sales representative

Oh who am I kidding, it is way too cheap and effective to shill on Sup Forums, I'll never win against the gigantic horde of shills.

don't worry user, nobody will ever take chinese manufacturing seriously.

>takes six months to get to you
>all safety certifications are forged
>battery could explode at any time
>loaded with chinky rootkits
>no vendor or third-party support
>horrific build quality

you're one step away from ishits who insist that all android is the $10 dollar store phone and there's no other types at all

Xiaomi and huawei are billion dollar companies, if you think that matters when you're deciding, and they also have rugged smartphones for less than $150. android chinese market is the one true free android market where you can get whatever you want at real price points because there is no psuedo regulation by shitty usa ISPs.

literally every isp retail outlet you walk into, every brown box store, every retailer that sells android phones, they are only going to stock the $10 piece of shit and $800 "flagship" models with none of the features op requested. It's not worth $800 even if you got those features and certainly isn't worth it without.

Fuck ISPs, fuck isp rules that disallow BYOD, fuck most cdma carriers.

On one hand, cables are annoying, mic+control cable standards are a mess, and the move to wireless can push forwards improvements in audio quality.
On the other hand there's latency, battery life and charging.

As for headphone cables breaking, you can get ones that are better built. With wireless headphones, you are rearranging points of failure and not quite removing cables as an issue.

>the tech just isn't that great yet. They all sound like shit, and I'm not even an audiophile.
That's not a limitation of wireless, those are more generally headphone acoustics problems, with A2DP profile issues causing most of the lossy issues.

alright user, i'll try you on.

MUST HAVE:

- Android OS
- Headphone jack, removable battery, SD slot
- OLED screen
- Fingerprint scanner

SHOULD HAVE:
- IR Blaster

impress me.

What about the one plus?

What's wrong with the Xperia X Compact?

>That's not a limitation of wireless, those are more generally headphone acoustics problems, with A2DP profile issues causing most of the lossy issues.

I'm not paying an order of magnitude higher price to make my wired earbuds wireless. Just no.

>Making massive losses
>Blame the customer!
Any company following this logic deserves bankruptcy

the g series died after the htc g2

Why the fuck does it have to have a OLED screen? You're not doing any graphics work on it.
IR Blaster is useless, just get the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro.

>want reliable updates
>no choice but to buy the overpriced Pixel with no SD card slot or removable battery

Fuck this. Fuck it all to hell.

The Apple iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have this problem.

>chinkphones are LITERALLY THE BEST AND THEY HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WANT
>ok here's what i want
>WHAT FAK U WANT THAT FOR? NA UR LIST SHIT. U BUY THIS

fucking shills

try the jaybirds x3s senpai, got some for christmas and its pretty comfy

what about s7/s7 edge

>no removable battery
iphones get out.

You don't have to - they're not that expensive and you're not forced to buy them.
But as far as the really dirt cheap stuff is concerned, they seldom have any sense of proper acoustic design or ruggedness or finish or eartip selection...

>SD card slot
>removable battery
>iOS

>SD card slot
Lightning USB Drive or SD Reader
>removable battery
Battery case with high capacity hump
>iOS
Not a disadvantage

How is removing headphones jacks kid-friendly? Is this just butthurt autistic rambling.

I can get decent sound out of a pair of $10 earbuds I get off of Amazon. I can't do that with wireless headphones. I can't even do it if I'm spending $70-80.

So yes. To get comparable sound quality, you have to spend an order of magnitude more. If not more.

no water proofing..

Don't be a clumsy piece of shit then.
There is no more perfect phone than the OnePlus series.

No one said anything about it having to be cheap you fucking idiot. The V20 was the best phone to come out this year and it was ~$800 bucks.

there's no such thing as a bootloop immune G4. Those fuckers never even fixed the problem yet never issued a recall.

fuck lg.

>LG sales are down
>wonder why sales are down
>it must be the headphone jack and removable battery, it couldn't possibly be that our phones fucking bootloop

if they made one with an OLED screen i'd sell my G5 tomorrow and get one of them.

I love how their excuse of the V20 bootlooping is caused by cheap USB-C cables.
For a lot of people who bought the V20, the USB-C cable that came with the V20 would be their first USB-C cable so LG is just shooting themselves in the foot by admitting they bundled shitty cables with their phones.

They won't get money from me. This is a huge reason to despise the average consumer normalfag. If you don't like the feature, then don't support it. They just deal with it and buy the garbage anyways.
If it doesn't have removable battery and expandable storage, then I'm not buying it. The only way I would buy a phone without a jack was if it had two USB ports. They can fuck off if they don't exchange.

why do you need a removal battery?

There are multiple problems with your line of thinking, but I'd rather ask first about what makes you think the 10 dollars set decent and the wireless set poor.

OLED brightness and efficiency is not the best, and V20 battery life could be better.

so you can switch them out if you're away from a charger, or replace them if you burn it out
also because certain korean batteries keep exploding

>There are multiple problems with your line of thinking, but I'd rather ask first about what makes you think the 10 dollars set decent and the wireless set poor.

The wired earbuds I got sound good in spite of them being so cheap. The wireless headset does not. That's what makes me think that.

Instead of replacing the whole phone when the battery inevitably goes to shit, you can just replace the battery.

>but I'd rather ask first about what makes you think the 10 dollars set decent
2 words:
Xioami Piston

You know theres this thing called "rain" in this area called "outside", right?

A phone is supposed to be able to function in whatever weather youre in, if it doesnt what fucking good is it?.

>takes phone out in a mild shower
>PHONE EXPLODES

what planet do you live on?

thehackernews.com/2016/09/xiaomi-android-backdoor.html

Xiaomi, Huawei and other Chinese companies do not deserve any trust

holy shit i had no idea
so long chink shill, i'm 100% never buying xiaomi after this!

Are you dense?, it wont explode but with a little bad luck on a shitplusshit it wont even work with a few drops

but keep getting cucked by non water resistant/waterproof phones

You have to be a bit more specific than that. Try to avoid sounding like a undiscerning Amazon review or audio mystic babble.

>Xioami Piston
There are multiple "Pistons", some with less excessively boosted bass and lacking treble breakup modes. Piston 3 had aspirations to being decent, but it still has the 10-12dB boost to the low frequencies as one of the least bass boosted PIstons.
They're also not sold exclusively through the Xiaomi brand - you can buy them from other channels.

>You have to be a bit more specific than that. Try to avoid sounding like a undiscerning Amazon review or audio mystic babble.

No I don't, since audio quality isn't some objective metric; it's subjective. But every pair of Bluetooth cans I've listened to priced at less than $100 either sounded tinny or had a trash microphone.

because no other phone company has ever been accused of this fud

First line of article:
>Do you own an Android Smartphone from Xiaomi, HTC, Samsung, or OnePlus?

clickbait nowadays is one step away from
>Do you own a phone? YOU MIGHT BE AT RISK. Go back to rotary now!

if you don't want to stick with USA shit, looking up shitty articles on purpose is not going to help you switch. Nobody sticks with stock rom on samsung, just like they don't stick with stock rom on anything else. Especially this board.

Next you're going to say that aosp is infected just because it's from google, so fuck the whole thing and stick with your piece of shit USA isp-fucked phone. As much as I hate iphone, I would honestly consider it if the only other choice was a usa android phone since isps are forcing them to be just as shit as one.

you don't get an opinion until you can answer OP's requirement list with something from your endless chinkphone pile instead of just demanding he buy some other nonsense

Mind as well ditch the sd card reader! No thanks, LG.

Fuck off, newfag

The s7 edge is pretty neat, it the best phone with headphone jack.

>LG G6 won't have a removable battery or a headphone jack
No removable battery is a con, but still acceptable. But no headphone jack? Why? What possible benefit is there to removing the headphone jack?

>THINNER!
The new castrated iPhone is not thinner.

This is how we lost landscape sliders...

Fuck it I may just get a feature phone.

The HTC 10 is miles better then the bootlooping LG shit.
t. posting this from an HTC 10

As long as the bros over at XDA forums keep updating the LG G3, I'm never upgrading.

>buying Lucky Goldshit
B O O T L O O P
O
O
T
L
O
O
P

You know, old Sony Ericsson phones didn't have a headphone jack yet that idiotic phone might kill it. What the fuck?

>mfw just bought a note4

fuck the world. old phones are better.

>Black Bull

What is the IR blaster for? The best I can think of is to control your TV with your phone but that seems kind of gimmicky.

HTC 10 is better and won't die after 8 months unlike LG phones.

To turn off the shitty TVs in the gym that spam advertisements.

It's nice if you're in a pinch... and by in a pinch I mean I left the clicker on my desk and don't want to get out of bed across the room to grab it.

Bluetooth headphones are superior if your goal is to limit the volume of the music a kid listens to. Physical audio ports need to be made to drive a large range of headphones so it is hard to stop a kid from slowly turning up the volume until it is deafening. With Bluetooth headphones the amp and volume control are tied to the driver so that upping the volume beyond what the engineers intended is really hard.

Is the V20 that bad?

so yet another reason to not buy a phone with no headphone jack. Not the user you were speaking to but this whole no headphone jack trend is absolutely stupid.

I bought an LG V10 at launch and haven't had any of these bootloop problems. Easily one of the best phones I've ever owned. My buddy has also had the LG G4 since launch with no issues as well. The whole boot loop thing was only a certain shipment.

Go to GSMArena and put the specs in yourself, then kill yourself when you realize only maybe one shit old samsung phone will meet those specifications, if that.

The V20 is fine. It's a re-worked V10 with slightly better specs. Screen, processor, camera had a few tiny tweaks. The whole boot loop thing is hit and miss as mentioned in But kind of like how Samsung phones had the exploded battery in their note 7's, this is yet another thing people will never let LG forget. Sup Forums especially. They'd rather buy rootkit infested chinkphones that can only get 2G on most networks.

it's nice to have a remote for every device in your house, AC (if your AC is IR controlled), TVs, cable boxes, etc.

Works on random TVs out in the world as well, anything that requires an IR remote it generally can work with, they have years of experience from regular universal remotes from the 2000s.

>no link present
>first two results on google say they are keeping the jack

i think OP is full of shit

I meant using Bluetooth headphones has a valid use for limiting volume for stupid kids not that it was a reason to not include a headphone jack. If for whatever reason you don't want the headphone jack to be used it is trivial to render it inoperable without ruining the rest of the device.