I'm fucking stupid and bought 250Ohm DT 880's what amp can I buy to power these?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/dp/B000KIPT30/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_12DyybV45DC7V
amazon.com/FiiO-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00MFMW29I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482809289&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio amp
cnet.com/news/headphone-buyers-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-low-vs-high-impedance-models/
analog.com/en/analog-dialogue/articles/programmable-gain-transimpedance-amplifiers.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You got memed son. Shoulda bought the 32ohm version

E07k gets the job done

Would the E10K or the Fiio A3 work?

yes.

even a fucking mobo soundcard will power them fine. all you'll need to do is to boost volume a bit.

and you did well. 250/300Ohm versions are better than 32Ohm.

Jesus thanks man seriously this shit has been stressing me out and all the threads online are fucking garbage.

>250/300Ohm versions are better than 32Ohm.
They're built and sound the same, excluding the wire difference. Why would you think otherwise. Some random sampling subject to product variation?

>They're built and sound the same, excluding the wire difference. Why would you think otherwise. Some random sampling subject to product variation?
Higher Ohm versions are preferred because you can widen the frequency range of higher Ohm cans and you can get things like deep bass and high treble at the same time. You can't do that with 32 ohm versions.

tl;dr: whenever possible, buy high ohm versions of cans.

Do I need a DAC with the A3? Sorry I'm clueless when it comes to audio tech.

You can use your motherboard's analog output with a separate amp, though depending on your motherboard's onboard audio solution a separate DAC could give you a cleaner signal.

He's talking shit. You need an. Amp, any amp. I hav 80ohm set which loses all vibrancy when underpowered with onboard sons or iPad etc.

What amp should I get I can't find one that fucking powers anything more than 16-150ohm. Fuck I hate myself for buying these.

An O2 will power pretty much anything. Available as DIY kit or prebuilt from multiple sources.

You can buy headphone amps for like £20 amazon

Forget it man I'm just returning these fucking things and getting the 32Ohm version. I deserve this for not researching more but Jesus fucking Christ this is insane.

All that I found that were remotely reasonably priced only went up to 150ohm.

Also, don't bash yourself or buying the high impedance set. They exist for a reason - the coil inside is much more precisely engineered.

Behringer HA400 Microamp 4 Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier amazon.co.uk/dp/B000KIPT30/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_12DyybV45DC7V
Just plug one of these babies into your pc with an auxiliary cable and listen away.

whaaats WRONG with you man? Stop tweaking. All you was buy a pair of headphones.

Would an A3 work better? Also it still doesn't list what the max Ohm it will support. I'm bashing myself because I seem to have purchased something that has no support what so ever and I can't find a fucking amp that supports 250ohm only max 150 every where.

>you can widen the frequency range of higher Ohm cans and you can get things like deep bass and high treble at the same time
That's total nonsense.
The frequency bandwidth of the device isn't dependent on impedance as such. The practical effect on frequency response is given by the motor, diaphragm stiffness, mass, cavity proportions.
Impedance is not a factor as such from the voltage-driven device.

>powers anything more than 16-150ohm
That spec has no real meaning and no qualification as such, especially since we've moved away from transformers and tube amps. It's a fuzzy way to link impedance to sensitivity, and they are loosely related, but the impedance is not the sensitivity.

>which loses all vibrancy when underpowered
That's "only" wanting more SPL.

>the coil inside is much more precisely engineered.
The coil diameter is narrower and wound longer. Nothing about precisely engineered as such, still subject to same BL linearity issues

I spent 160$ without doing proper research I'm an idiot I don't even have the kind of cash that makes this unimportant to me. Not only this but I've stressed myself out trying to find the elusive 250ohm amp for the last hour+ that isn't out of stock or sold for an ass rape level price.

Can you avoid using random acronyms when advising someone who already has a very basic knowledge of what you're talking about?

Sorry bud I'm seriously a broke fuck and just treated myself to these because of Christmas money. Are you 100% sure that this Amp here amazon.com/FiiO-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00MFMW29I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482809289&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio amp will properly power these headphones? Thanks so much for trying to help me I really really appreciate it.

Here's a review for that behringger amp just for you user.

You real love you.

>random acronyms
Sound pressure level?

I don't think that Behringer thing is significantly more powerful. The unusually high output impedance makes it harder to be sure, and the high output impedance is normally a bad thing on an amplifier.

>Are you 100% sure
There's no way to really be 100% sure. You could want to destroy your ears or do something silly like forget to turn up the volume.
The A3 tops out at around 110 dB (3.1 Volts) with the DT880/250 ohm. Quite a lot by any usual standard.

>That's total nonsense.
Never post on this topic again. You're a fucking retard.

Here, from Bayerdynamic themselves they explain:

cnet.com/news/headphone-buyers-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-low-vs-high-impedance-models/

tl;dr: you are shit for brains.

>links audiophile snake oil to prove his snake oil point
pottery

>Here, from Bayerdynamic themselves they explain:
Guttenberg is a former salesman turned audio reviewer, but he did ask a product manager from Beyer for some statements.

Guttenberg did phrase the product manager as saying this on impedance
>However, if you plug in a high-impedance headphone to a portable device the voltage and current will be low, so the headphone won't play loudly at all

This doesn't affect the headphone's ability to reach frequency extremes, which are critically dependent on diaphragm stiffness and breakup modes.

Not an argument.

>MUH SALESMAN BULLSHIT
it's simple electronics you motherfucking retard.

analog.com/en/analog-dialogue/articles/programmable-gain-transimpedance-amplifiers.html

I told you to quit posting on this topic. You don't know anything. Go take some basic electronics before you ever enter a conversation about this with anyone with a clue.