Is this the latest proper OS from Microsoft?

Is this the latest proper OS from Microsoft?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/5039629/Windows_Tiny7_Unattended_Activated_CD_(x86)_-_eXPerience
privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/privacystatement
theverge.com/2013/7/17/4517480/nsa-spying-prism-surveillance-cheat-sheet
theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, they have gone far off the cliff of failure since.

No, that's not Windows 10, you autist.

No.
If you wear tinfoil hat every day, then probably Windows 8.1.
Otherwise it's Windows 10.

>muh charms
>muh start screeen

If you want all of your personal data sold, and you do not value your privacy then Windows 10 is perfect!

; )

Xenix.

Why did they have to give up on UNIX?

DOS

MS was small at the time and couldn't compete in the UNIX market.

Yes.

rar

I use 10 at work just to remind myself why i use 7 at home.

no, it's 10

microsoft spy on w7 too since ever fucktards

i remember back in the day Sup Forums was saying XP was Bill's swan song. 7 is still the best os from ms, i only use it for gaymez

your windows features list should look like this. really speeds things up

Thanks, I had some bs tablet configuration checkmarked on my desktop

They do, but at least with 7 you are still in control of your PC (mostly). With 10 you are literally at microsoft mercy with everything you do.
Why is this so hard to comprehend for underage Sup Forumsedditors like you? I guess it has to do with the fact that you didn't pay for any shit you own and don't feel the value of it.

yeah its enabled by default for some insane reason. windows search is a big resource hog though because of the suboptimal way its process is threaded within explorer.exe. remove that too and youll notice the best increase in snappiness

I don't normally like to post opinions, especially negative ones, on the front page. In this case, I can't resist, as this bastardization of Windows makes me quite angry. Having used every version of Microsoft's operating systems since 1988 (MS-DOS 5.0), this is the first time I truly believe that Microsoft has lost its way. To put it bluntly, Windows 10 is a mish-mash of interfaces, and in some cases borderline deceptive options, mainly to serve Microsoft's dubious ambitions in the mobile device arena, rather than consumers and businesses. It will only serve to further confuse and alienate the average PC user, and hasten the PC's demise. I've used Windows 10 as my daily OS since the Preview back in January 2015, and I can honestly say it seems like one step forward, four steps back when compared to Windows 7.

Yup. Would be nice if freetards could get their shit together and start working on a proper replacement.

>microsoft spy on w7 too
Prove it

>sends your data to Microcuck
>stutters in gaymes from 1999 while recording
>crashes just because your taskbar is set at the top and to disappear after a few seconds
>"WIN+G "game HUD"
It's literally the worst in the last field of consumers it has, gaming. Get cucked, faggot.

>internet explorer 8
Better update that one. It's useless if you don't

Windows 10 is far better.

>Believing tinfoil hat lies
How retarded are you?

Prove them wrong

>muh personal information
>muh malware
>muh spyware

Thanks for your input, pajeet.

Literally using Windows 10 right now to be honest

Subscriped

Even my tech illiterate siblings hate Win10.

No wonder why.

Sure they do, kiddo.

No.

just disable it like in the pic

i realy dig vistas glossy look. too bad i never got the chance to use it.

The burden of proof is on the retard making the claim.

Maybe we just don't use it, then.

That's fine. But then I'm sure you understand why we call you tinfoil hat retards.

Because you're 14 or 15

Seems to me the ones making dumb conspiracy claims without proof are the true underages.

They put in a telemetry update, but didn't a recent update remove all traces of the W10 nagware tool? and the telemetry, I think.

>They put in a telemetry update
You have to join CEIP as OPT-IN to telemetry before anything is sent. It's breaking (international) privacy laws if they do that without users consent.

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB is best for people who know how to configure Windows properly.

Windows 7 Ultimate is best for people who need a more comfortable out of the box experience because they're a bit mentally challenged.

Great sales speech there.

Windows Vista is best for people who seek Microsoft's best efforts that has been put into.

I literally was told several times that multiple pop ups and forced updates are PAIN IN THE ASS. And was asked to install Win7. But w.e mister Kumar.

>original dev team had no idea what they were doing
>they were later kicked out and a new team had to continue from it knowing even less yet still had to hastily force it out.
Sounds about right

>VIsta was shit meme
I bet you still use XP.

7. Vista is shit.

Windows 7 is still the best for me. Still not perfect.

How do you fix it guys? For example I haven't figured out how to place classic theme without games and other software doing weird things and having massive amounts of screen tearing.

because microsoft developers are too stupid to build a decent working unix os, heck they cant even build a Linux distro of their own

>I haven't figured out how to place classic theme without games and other software doing weird things and having massive amounts of screen tearing.

What weird things? Besides screen tearing you shouldn't have any negative effects.
But non-exclusive programs that rely on your GPU will perform faster.

It sucks that you can't use the classic theme with DWM, though. Or the Aero/modern theme without DWM, for that matter.

8.1 just werks

>I haven't figured out how to place classic theme without games and other software doing weird things and having massive amounts of screen tearing.
You don't. Vsync on desktop tied to aero and there's no way to force it otherwise.

Yeah guessed as much.

Really sucks because I don't care about this on my desktop, but on my old laptop aero vs classic is night and day in performance and I can't stand the tearing everywhere, even when scrolling pages and watching YT videos.

I tried 10 and it was really snappy and really fancy, but holy fuck the amount of stupid shit there is in it.
Ads, bloatware, 200 pages for different settings of the same thing, auto-restarts, so much stuff that doesn't make sense. And then you discover that out of the hundreds of things that you had to change, one of those breaked something for some fucking reason.

>Atom
>2GB RAM
>Windows 10
What the fuck are you doing

The best is Tiny7.
thepiratebay.org/torrent/5039629/Windows_Tiny7_Unattended_Activated_CD_(x86)_-_eXPerience

Yup

Does reverting to this theme really help on old hardware?

Tiny7 is a pajeet-tier PoS for idiots.
Get WES7. At least it's a secure, official MS product

Depends. If the GPU is weak as shit, yes it helps. If not and can handle Aero effects, then it'll offload some tasks off a weak CPU.
tl;dr usually yes.

>using windows 10 (technically the best, easiest and most up to date windows) for anything else than gaming and other minor tasks that won't reveal too much about your personal life

>technically the best, easiest

I honestly don't understand what the point of having this conversation over and over again is. This was it, Windows 7 is the last real OS they made. I no longer even feel the need to justify my viewpoint, as MS does it for me with their shit "features" they have now

Only actual retards continue to use it. I have, no joke about this, lost count of the amount of times I see newfags come onto the board and make threads complaining about W10 and how they didn't believe all the bad stuff about it

there isn't even a conversation to be had anymore, its just shit
I never wanted things to go like this or be forced to switch to Linux, but its simply how things happened

WES7 is an actual /poz/ infested with telemetry, It's Win10-Alpha
As far as I know Tiny7 made by eXperince.
I use it for VM.

You both are retards. Just get an official Win7 SP1 iso and activate it.

Everyday the same posts, you people are just like a broken record

>HURR URR WIN7 IS GUD WIN10 IS BAD

Enjoying snappy performance, incredible battery life and true portability I guess.

It's hilarious watching people fuck themselves with unnecessarily bloated setups and paying a fortune for expensive hardware or running outdated software to compensate for their own stupidity.

>official Win7 SP1
That's the definition of pajeet tier OS.

>What the fuck are you doing
Being Hindu Sans-Sanitarie is his full time job

>open thread
>people defending Win10 data mining practices
I wish you all faggots could go back to your videogame oriented containment board.

WES7 has no telemetry, no activation services, no botnet
It's a full Win7 Ultimate with ability to remove system modules
And tiny7 is shit. It's unofficial and should not be used if you care even remotely about security of your data

>no telemetry
Yes, it does.
Any package sniffer will confirm this.
>no activation services
True, still it sends some data the first time it was activated.
>no botnet
It's for embedded systems, it's the core of botnet.
>ability to remove system modules
That's the only reddem feature it have though you can do it on any Win7.
>tiny7 is shit
Subjective opinion and projecting inner insecurities.
>should not be used if you care even remotely about security of your data
That's why I've tested it.
So far nothing suspicious happened.

Also a few malware doesn't run on it.

Please pajeet, stop advertising your shitty illegal windows 7 conversion. Nobody is ever going to use this shitty thing.

A little PSA for everyone: use groversoft's privazer and shellbags analyzer if you're concerned about the traces left on your computer from your activities. On privaZer, make sure you go through all of the sub options (like when you clean your MFT, have it remove index entries). You only have to do the MFT and freespace cleaning every once in a while.
the shellbags analyzer lets you delete some/all non-microsoft folder views (microsoft ones too, but there is no reason to clean those and it can cause issues if you do so). This helps if you have encrypted drives/volumes because the filepaths access forensics stored in your registry can be removed.

>pajeet
You're advertising WES7 that will receive a WES10 upgrade "FOR FREE".
And Tiny7 is used by Sup Forums for VM.
I myself use MicroXP for VNs.
Check your status.

there is no such thing as wes10
Get back to your designated shitposting forum, subhuman.

>Get WES7
doesn't even have a neat logo..

Enjoy your rootkits.

That is because you chose unbranded in the IBW kek
That is literally a feature

What rootkit?
WES7 have no activator.

All Windows are essentially the same under the hood. Only thing changes is the skin and driver support. Telemetry has existed since XP and is used for updates and service packs.

It removed the W10 nagware but not the telemetry. Why the fuck would they remove that? In fact the telemetry update can no longer be avoided because W7 has moved to W10 style updates (all or nothing, no cherry-picking).

This.
WES have next to no driver support.

People who use old and outdated software are really stupid. It makes sense for enterprise and servers where they need stability and migration would be costly.

If you are a desktop user, just update your shit and move along.

Nice, now you have Microsoft and Russians spying on you with built-in trojans.

At this point, you are better off with Lubuntu or Debian Linux. Why do you torture yourself with unofficial Windows and shady activators?

I would never trust any ISO that I did not download myself from Microsoft website. Fuck torrents and the viruses.

>built-in trojans.
There are none.
It's just Windows 7 Ultimate with removed features with modified registry.
>shady activators
Are you implying DAZ loader isn't shady?

>I would never trust any ISO that I did not download myself from Microsoft website.

I have Dreamspark account with free license keys for 7 and 8.1 for student use. I don't use activators.

WES2009 if you must integrate drivers before FBA, otherwise takes all XP drivers
WES7 takes all W7 drivers

>There are none.
You wouldn't know if there were.

anyone know a good site for finding information to optimize OSs in general? Sup Forums helped me discover shutup10 and learn about turn windows features on/off. Would be nice if their was a site with a list of things to do when running a fresh OS install

W- wanna share?

I use Windows 10 at work just to remind me why I use OS/X at home.

>their
I was about to help you but that triggered my autism.

privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/privacystatement
They literally admit it.
>Microsoft collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a Microsoft account, submit a search query to Bing, speak a voice command to Cortana, upload a document to OneDrive, purchase an MSDN subscription, sign up for Office 365, or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies likecookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device. We also obtain data from third parties.

This also applies to:
Not to mention that Microsoft has been a participant of NSA's PRISM project since 09.11.2007.
theverge.com/2013/7/17/4517480/nsa-spying-prism-surveillance-cheat-sheet
theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data