Worst programming language community

I'll start

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=25u-pp-7PHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Python 2

JavaScript
>create huge projects of dynamically typed object-oriented spaghetti with 35000 DEPENDENCIES
>functions like array_length() have their own library and git repo
>only the maintainer understands his lovecraftian horror creation
>drops maintainance
>project dead

but that's the best one...

C/C++

(in fact, scratch the 2)
>Haskell and Clojure
/thread

The golang attitude towards its peers is horrible. Fuck those people.

there is a special place in dependency hell for javascript developers

Damn OP, you already won.

All this is true, but it is more about the language itself, not the community. The JS community is a circle of broheimers..

The GameMaker language.

you're favourite one

*Your

>All this is true, but it is more about the language itself, not the community. The JS community is a circle of broheimers..
Well, they sure like to put JS interpreters where they don't belong...

cobol

Any coder that uses in-line assembly.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

rust

Rust, JavaScript, and PHP are all pretty terrible.

Honestly the worst languages are C* languages (C++, C#, Objective-C, excluding C) and Java.

I'd rather get paid to write Go than pretty much any other language. The creators of C and Unix made Go and anyone who understands programming, logic, and elegance, will enjoy writing go code.

I've never met a Java or C++ dev that didn't hate them selves.

You're on Sup Forums, you don't care about friendly communities. SHILL.

Oh, and btw, pretty much every programming community is filled with opinionated ass holes. Name one that's not.

There's more than just black and white.

Java is definately a shit language, but so is Go.
Java is overly complicated, Go is overly simplified and too powerless..

C#

Java is all about wrapping the complicated shit into neat, easy to use, classes.

If Java programmers had read their SICP, they'd known exactly how to Make Java Great Again. But they won't.

>Go is overly simplified and too powerless..
Incorrect, you can do pretty much anything Java can do, it's just more complicated atm because not as many libraries exist, so you need to code things from scratch.

But at least it will be fun.

Go is going to replace Java and C++ in every niche it fills, and slowly, as more libraries are built for go and they become stable, go will begin to displace Java and C++ and even C because it's just a superior language.

It's safer than C, has less overhead than Java, and is 100% grokable, unlike C++. Anyone who says they know the entire C++ specification is a liar.

I've seen a lot of Java. It's shit.

Take a look at Scala and you'll notice how retarded Java really is, for example "int vs. Int" or "checked vs. unchecked exceptions".

Over 20 years and they have still no easy way to write standard accessors. Yeah, it's all about OOP, but guess what? For the bread and butter of OOP (getters and setters) you have to write EVERY SINGLE GETTER/SETTER yourself.

This works because we have tools like Eclipse so you can add 40 lines of boilerplate trash code with two clicks. But is this good language design? No.

>Incorrect, you can do pretty much anything Java can do

Guess waht? I could use PHP or Assembly and do pretty much everything Java can do. The question is if this it is desirable to do so.

Languages are tools, just like libraries or frameworks are tools: you pick the one that is appropriate for the task.

>Go is going to replace Java and C++ in every niche it fills

Ahahahaha.. Never.
It's not even designed for that.

>Anyone who says they know the entire C++ specification is a liar.

You don't have to know the entire C++ spec to make it usefull. You can learn the basics of C++ in the same time you need for Golang. I'd even say you can use it similar.

I'm not gonna defend C++ here, it's pretty overpowered (C++ templates alone are as powerfull than Go). But that's not the point, I'm neither Game dev nor do I write operating systems, graphical libraries or such things. It's still retarded to compare Go and C++. Go is a beginner language that is pretty and nice but will only take you so far. C++ is probably the most complicated langauge ever, but it can do crazy things...

All of them.

ruby

youtube.com/watch?v=25u-pp-7PHE

this. 26 posts to get to the worst

>hobbyist programmer for a decade +
>relatively new to the industry

I believe you mean
>rails

Which is easy to mistake for the ruby community because of how small and Japanese the actual ruby community is by comparison.

Go away Go shill.
Go is only good (less shit) as a replacement for your average Python and Ruby web framework.

>Go is going to replace Java and C++ in every niche it fills

C++ cannot be replaced by a garbage collected language you shit eating retard. They are two different classes of languages.

>Lisp and Haskell fags are retards that want to feel superior
>Javascript is a meme cancer
>C++/Java/C# is for cocksucking corportate slaves that don't give a fuck about programming and just want to increase a number in their bank account
>Python/PHP don't even try

So every programming community except C.

C, fucking elitist cunts

Truly the worst one.

Born in 2000s stuck in 70s.

the umaru of programming languages

We are elitists because we know what we are doing.

The two codes aren't even equivalent you retard.

Not programming but Arch

>How do I do xyz
-Your not posting your question right, heres a link how to post a proper question, along with a link to the appropriate article in the wiki, and a article to each dependency's article in the wiki, spend the next 5 hours reading all that shit and post again, you know maybe Arch isnt for you, have you tried Debian

>so what windowsmanager/browser/whatevs do you guys like to do

- ten page thread of ricing commenced

Enlighten me.

>codes
It bugs me when anyone says that. It just sounds so retarded.

In that case use "functions". In general, if "functions" or "programs" doesn't work, use "snippets of code"

They do the same retard.

>Yeah, it's all about OOP, but guess what? For the bread and butter of OOP (getters and setters) you have to write EVERY SINGLE GETTER/SETTER yourself.

>I've seen a lot of Java.
>but I somehow have never come across Project Lombok

you're full of shit, and since you won't have any interest in it anyway, it creates all getters/setters for you using just 1 single annotation

>needing to bring up how much you hate arch in a thread about programming languages

O B S E S S E D