YOU HAVE ONE MICROSECOND TO EXPLAIN WHY YOURE NOT USING THIS IDE FOR YOUR PROJECT IN GO

YOU HAVE ONE MICROSECOND TO EXPLAIN WHY YOURE NOT USING THIS IDE FOR YOUR PROJECT IN GO

Because I'm not mentally retarded enough to use go in the first place.

You mean you're not smart enough for it

>tfw to intelligent for (((go)))

this meme has gone too far.

Why does every language need it's own IDE??!?

It works well

lets keep going and see what happens

No thanks. I use SATA drives.

What I don't understand is why the fuck all IDE's suck so much.
I mean, in OP's picture, you can read 10 lines of code.
You can barely see the filenames of the files he is working on and the only reason you can is because he uses short file names.

The intelligent solution would be to either have an easy way to switch between the different views, like have the debug output in a separate tab, or better yet, make a billion separate windows and let the window manager deal with it.
I mean, is this usable to anyone?

Say you want to plug in one more screen so you can see the variables stuff all the time. Now you have to find the way to separate it into it's own window (something most IDE's forget when you launch it again).
People with tiling window managers could have it look identical to this if it was separate windows, so why not just assume that this is how the window manager works and let the users pick a window manager that works instead of having everything integrated in a single window?
I understand why people would rather use a text editor with no contextual knowledge over this because it is fucking terrible.

It'd just a picture from Google.

The actual ide works very well and isn't that cluttered.

My point is that all IDE's are cluttered.
Why not just launch a bunch of separate windows so and let the user split it over several desktops and stuff.
They are targeting developers, it makes sense they would make it somewhat usable

They're targetting shitty developers most of the time. The good ones use vim or something like that, or heck even atom or sublime are better than most IDEs

I don't think that is true.
Some people use vim, but they turn it into an IDE as well.
Atom and sublime are only better because most languages doesn't need or benefit from an IDE.
For something like C++, I use an IDE because it makes things easier.
Autocomplete only suggest variables and functions in the correct scope, documentation autocompletes, syntax highlighting shows if variables is declared, refactoring shows the context, stuff like that makes life easier and I don't think it means it is only for shitty developers.
Smart developers use tools to speed up their work.
We use syntax highlighters to catch mistakes before we hit compile, we use libraries so we don't have to implement everything ourselves, we use editors with a lot of features so we can navigates easier in documents.

This.

There's no reason to not use an ide.

I use what gets the job done quicker.

I took a swift class out of interest and the minute we started using xcode I regretted everything. It is truly the worst experience of clutter I've ever dealt with and the worst IDE I've ever used.

Because there is emacs so i dont need this meme

fpbp

Using a bad editor is frustrating when you know better.
I usually read the console output of what the compiler and stuff is called and then set it up on my own editor if it bothers me too much.
Some languages is very complicated and therefore gives you proprietary IDE's and they can never make a decent text editor.
In those cases, using my own editor is much easier, and whether you call a makefile from your editor or you use the IDE alongside your editor, you can always improve.

Go is just another one of those "I'm too retarded for C++" languages. The creator of Go literally thinks C++ is "too complicated" which is code for "I'm too stupid to understand it".

And you have no other options. Have you used Storyboards? My senior project included making an app for iOS and I wanted to die because of Storyboards and Auto Layout

Because that's an aero clusterfuck. nano is the best IDE.

It doesn't use enough different fonts in the GUI.

Because I don't progrm in Go.

C++ is just another one of those "I'm too retarded for ASM" languages. The creator of C++literally thinks ASM is "too complicated" which is code for "I'm too stupid to understand it".

All IDEs are retarded, some components IDEs have really useful components like the visual studio debugger and then lots of crap like the editor, the compiler, project files and so on.

C++ is beautiful with a data oriented architecture and PITA with the usual Class Oriented Programming (COP) memetic architecture.
Go is just a way to change the COP paradigm to a more data based design.

Because current computers have SATA, not IDE.

>IDE for Go.
>Written in cpp

>go
Kys jewgle lover

PRAISE KEK

b-because I...

fuck I ran out of time, better get downloading whatever that is

There's no benefit to using an IDE since Go is so well documented and straightforward.

> using GOshit

>ken thompson
>stupid
m8....

because i use vim

It doesn't.
Check out Emacs.