What OS do you use at work, Sup Forums ?

What OS do you use at work, Sup Forums ?

>inb4 TempleOS

>>inb4 TempleOS
If you knew the correct answer, why did you bother asking?

AIX.

Windows :(

Windows XP SP2
Ooboontoo
some ancient 2.6/sysvinit distro that was raped to oblivion by Dolby(R)

windows 7 enterprise because it's not up to me

A weird, fucked up version of kubuntu with cinnamon as the DE on a mac mini and another mac mini with os x, both linked with synergy so I only have to use one mouse/keyboard.
Pretty happy with it.

got a centos7 workstation with kde
macbook pro for at home/on the go

work entirely on centos 6.7 servers fronting my SANs

synergy is tits. although, in my environment it seems to be a bit laggy with a windows server with a linux and osx client.

i usually just don't connect the osx machine to the synergy server.

Sierra. It's shit
Give me back my Mountain Lion

Tits indeed. Haven't experienced any lag in a long long time though. A very old version I remember there was lag. Not anymore.
Maybe you just have a fucky network? idk. I don't know how to use computers.

QNX

You can choose windows 8 dell desktop or laptop, Mac Pro or MacBook Pro, or high end ubuntu dell workstation desktop, ubuntu laptop not available. I'm a remote employee though so I use a MacBook Pro.

Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Small Business Server
Windows XP
Windows 7
Windows 8/8.1
Windows 10
macOS
CentOS
Debian
Ubuntu
Suse Enterprise
VMware vSphere

My workstation has Windows 10 on it

Windows 7

XP, win 7, win 10, server 2008, server 2012 r2, debian

Wandows 10 host with a Ubuntu Desktop VM for web dev stuff

openSUSE LEAP

Windows XP
Windows 7
Windows 10

Does it matter? We are all perma-virgins anyway.

Muh nigga
Same, encrypted.
KDE I guess?

Where does one find a comfy job where they let you sleep like this?

Ubuntu.

Windows 7.
It was that or 10, I'm glad I chose what I did.

Solaris 10

Regretfully, OS X. Wish we were using Windows instead of this retarded shit. Or at least some distro of Linux - could've learned something useful, instead of all these shenanigans to deal with the "user-friendly" interface that fails at performing basic tasks and stutters at every single fucking action including switching fucking languages.

Ubuntu 16.04 + Debian
Embedded systems developer.

The OS X window controls are for your grandma, just forget about using them. The power is in the keyboard shortcuts. Install spectacle so you can arrange windows with shortcuts. Use iterm2 instead of the default terminal.

OS X out of the box sucks, but it's totally useable with some addons.

windows 7 & 10 (develop on 10, keep 7 around for testing)

macos sierra in a few weeks when we start on our ios app

Gentoo with KDE the distcc server handles all compiles for all workstations.

Windows 7 or 10 on most computers. We use proprietary software that doesn't run on anything else.

We also still have a couple of ancient XP machines that we use with older hardware. One of them is running leaked software that we're not supposed to have and which we can't update for newer machines.

OS X El Capitan. No way in he'll I'm """""""""upgrading""""""""""" to Sierra

macos. I work for a certain search company and that's what we use.

What's wrong with Sierra?
I really like it on my mbp

>servers
RHEL6
>desktop
Arch Linux

I have a Windows 10 image running in our VMWare cluster that I RDP to when I need to do windows shit

Apple has a tendency to fuck up samba networking and El Cap just werks so I'm not gonna chance it. Also siri on desktop is somehow even more worthless than the normal one

unemployed neet here, I get my flat paid for and 1200 a month so I guess the os I use on my personal computers counts, arch on laptop, fedora on desktop, debian on server

I'm somewhat curious about AIX, is there anything special about it or unique compared to Linux or other UNIX operating systems?

I know it's exclusive to IBM POWER systems but that's as far as my knowledge goes.

Windows 10 and Ubuntu in a VM, but a couple of people use OSX.

Desktop: Kubuntu
Laptop: Kubuntu
Servers: Whatever the fuck they have on the servers.

probably due to having to use VPN over wifi for the mac portion.

so, fucky is one way to explain it, yeah.

PHP web dev on windows 10.

>OS at work

Win 7. Company has no plans to upgrade to anything before 2019. Smallish organization, only about 80 people including part-timers. We discuss linux migration in a meeting about once a week. Right now, with VM technology available, about ten of us are working on a migration plan using linux machines with a VM of "something" for win requirements. Almost nobody needs anything that microsoft wants to sell us; we figure we can save about $50K/year (at least $30K) in licenses by dumping microsoft. Probably only ten people need win applications for their work; everybody else does basic documents, email, web surfing and nearly nothing else.

And. jeebusez ... that pic related. Thought that was me for a moment. I slept under my desk enough, there's probably a photo or two that somebody took that I don't know about.

Yet.

arch, i'm permitted to maintain my own system

Most of our developers are on either Ubuntu, Mint or Elementary. All of our servers run Ubuntu LTS so we work on machines that mostly mirror that.

XP :-/

Might get win7 next year

Right now we're currently on Windows 7 Professional. I work for an engineering firm with close to 1000 employees. IT has mentuoned that sometime in the near future we'll be upgrading to Windows 10 but they're still not 100% sure.

at my first job I used Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, at my second job I use Windows XP and Windows 7.

RHEL
>"macOS"
How to spot a liar 101

Windows server 2012 R2
Windows 7
openVMS? Might have been superseded by something more modern like solaris though.

Gentoo

this

Install Gentoo

HP-UX
Linux on laptop

Mint 18/Cinnamon for my desktop
Kubuntu 14.04LTS for my laptop

Mostly working on Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS with a few random other editions in there.

Workstations are Windows 7, the devices we manage run CentOS.

Microsoft Windows 10

Wokstations are all Kubuntu
Servers run Debian I believe

Windows 7 on my laptop. Ubuntu and Windows Server on virtual machines running on my laptop. Amazon Linux, Ubuntu and Windows Server on AWS EC2 instances. i have a mac as well for running some test stuff but i fucking hate it. I also hate the fact that the latest version of Ubuntu tries so hard to be like a Mac. Fuck that.

>work

yu lie

wyhy the fuck would anyone use windows 10

this person has just read in another thread (today) that "ubuntu emulates mac" (which I never saw) .. this is project microsoft attack linux online in this thread (together with that ridiculous list, finishing with 'on my desktop is win 10')

hi pajeet

Windows 7, OS/2.

OS X because "it's the best for design stuff™".
Granted, the only other viable option for 3d modelling and shit would be W10.

ubuntu

Ubuntu 14.04

arch

Sadly windows 10&7 but they are totally fucked up by the company. Takes a day to install them.

me too, just heard about it now, will it run in a vm?

On my work laptop it's win 7 but most of my actual work is done on z/OS.

Work?

I convinced my boss to switch the OS on all the office computers to linux. I installed arch then gave him my 2 weeks notice.

Win 7 for a while but one day I came in and it had updated to 10 by itself, shit sucks

I like the idea that people (kids) that post these do so with a kind of smug arrogance like that of a person of wealth. When in reality, if you step back and look at their lives, they're clearly just sad, pathetic little weebs/furries/pedos with no hopes for a fulfilling life. Funny, really. Anway im a network technician, pretty sweet gig.

wxp
w7
w10
w2008
w2012
slackware
solaris 8

>work

Arch Linux

beautiful

Cute :3

windoze 7 pro

Presently OpenSUSE. I switched off Arch at work since I was sick of downgrading packages to get projects running on the Ubuntu servers (PHP 5 vs 7, etc.).
Looking to shift to Debian Stretch, since I don't like OpenSUSE's package management.

Windows 10 for the main device, bunch of Linux VMs.

Mac mini's on a rack to compile for iOS.

Remember good old disk utility? Me too.

> What OS do you use at work, Sup Forums ?

I'm retired now, but when I was working:

On my AMD64 desktop I used Linux Mint 13 KDE.

On our product's ARM SBC we used a custom embedded Linux system built for us by our vendor (reachtech.com), which was based on openembedded.org.

Now that I'm retired, I use the following at home:

Linux Mint 17.3 KDE (for my workstation)
Linux Mint 18 MATE (for the wife's workstation and the htpc)
Ubuntu Mint 18 Raspberry Pi edition for my various SBCs.

Xubuntu but as long as we have a terminal it doesnt matter