Two smaller monitors or one large ultra-wide monitor?

Two smaller monitors or one large ultra-wide monitor?

Other urls found in this thread:

danbooru.donmai.us/data/__master_nemesis_and_momo_velia_deviluke_to_love_ru_and_to_love_ru_darkness_drawn_by_ulquiorra90_and_yabuki_kentarou__51462980e8f6769b54a58f8b1bdd618a.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ultra-wide monitors are expensive, just get 16 normal monitors and you'll be fine.

For gaymen and movies uwide is a meme.

you know all future AAA games have planned 21:9 support, and for movies you can just mod a bit to get that ideal resolution.

What are you talking about?

Why not both?

>all future AAA games have planned 21:9 support
lololol

Take one guess who in this thread owns a 21:9 meme?

If you aren't doing anything that will use the full 21:9 aspect ratio, two monitors provides more resolution for a cheaper price, and generally higher quality panels since curved panels are fairly new and the manufacturing process creates lower quality panels (more backlight bleed and edge glow than non-curved and non-ultrawide panels)

Two 25-27" 2560x1440 or a single 40" 3840x2160 would be my preference over a single 34" 3440x1440

Just like future cars are planned to fly, no wait, that was 30 years ago.

user stop being such a tool, and do your research before being so apeshit about future technology. All of the big games have 21:9 support, even fucking Blizzard surrendered and made support for it.

Are you retarded?

I'm going with one ultrawide, 21:9 is a bit wider than dual 5:4 monitors and I'd have to pay out the ass anyway if I wanted a >SXGA 5:4 monitor.

Go for 2 smaller ones.

You can change the layout of one of them whenever you want/need.

with two you can flip one for easier code reading

bitches dont no hoe bout me tho u mothafucka bitch ass yo whoop

Rather than make a new thread I will ask here. Can anyone recommend me a good monitor that's around 30-35 inches?

Not him, but I own a 21:9 1080p monitor
I got it on this year's black friday sale.

Once you set up your mods it's amazing and since Dota 2 already supports it as well as most competitive games I think it's worth.
4K is still too much I think.

>monitors from detroit
no thanks jamal

jej

I want the ultrawide meme for gaymen but I use a pair of 27" 1440p units for work

ultrawide could be nice to work on with 3 files open at once in a fullscreen ide or text editor but i'm used to dual monitors and having docs and shit open on the side

Noice.

a single 40"/43" UHD BTFOs any 3440x1440 ~34" ultrashort

I'd much rather have the ultrawide

I don't think you have any clue how useful an extra 720 pixel of vertical resolution is.
protip: you can opt to not use it, or sit on some phonebooks if you're a manlet with neck problems

This sounds much better than having a 16:9 monitor with a slightly higher vertical resolution

>less resolution is better

Sorry but memes are retarded. You can always set custom resolutions for a 21:9 experience if that's what you're after.

> 50% more is only slightly higher
lmao

What meme? And I made it rather clear that it's not 21:9 that I'm interested in. It's 5:4.

I'll take the better aspect ratio over the higher resolution.

>I made it rather clear that it's not 21:9 that I'm interested in. It's 5:4.
You're fucking buying a 21:9 monitor. A UHD monitor can just be set to 3840x1600 for 21:9 which is larger than 3440x1440.

Why do you want less pixels?

Because 16:9 isn't even remotely close to my preferred workspace. I don't care if I can achieve a higher res workspace and waste a fuckton of pixels in the process, I'd rather just have a monitor shaped for what I want, and that's dual 5:4 monitorsh a 34" 3440x1440 monitor it essentially gives me two

*gives me two 21" 5:4 monitors at a greater resolution than SXGA, which is really all I'm after.

So youd turn down an even larger resolution because there would be black bars on screen at your preferred aspect ratio?

Jesus Christ I bet you get mommy to cut the crust off your sandwiches too.

Is this the monitor general?

I'm looking for a monitor that uses nearest neighbor to upscale low-resolution inputs.

My "gaming" monitor uses shitty filters like it's a fucking television. Total bullshit, I want it nice and crisp even if it's pixely. can't believe they don't even give me the option.

VG245H in case you're wondering.

Yes, why the fuck would I want to have over a square foot of unused black pixels on my monitor to stare at for years to come?

Doesn't exist as far as I'm aware. 4k panels will usually use nearest neighbor upscaling for 1080p content. But most 1080p scalers use other scaling algorithms as nearest neighbor scaling isn't great unless you're dealing with a direct multiple like 1080p and 2160p (just make every 1x1 pixel 2x2 and it's an identical image to the source)

Ultrawide because two tiny dicks can't satisfy a woman like a BBC can

Cheaper, better quality panels, higher end professional panels available if desired, wider OS and application support, etc.

If youre forced to run 16:9 by games on your 3440x1440 because the game doesn't support 21:9 then you'll be using a 2560x1440 resolution with black bars.

On the 4k panel you'd just change your resolution to the full 4k resolution and keep playing your game.

You seem pretty anal though and its obvious you've decided what you want.

>Cheaper, better quality panels
I'd rather pay more for a mid grade panel than a high end panel with a bunch of wasted space. We're talking about a device that I'll be using for years, I don't mind spending a little more for something I prefer.
>If youre forced to run 16:9 by games on your 3440x1440 because the game doesn't support 21:9 then you'll be using a 2560x1440 resolution with black bars
The whole time we've been arguing my main point has been my desire for 5:4 workspaces, do you really think gaming's a high priority of mine?

how does one downscale a 4k image to fit a 1080p monitor and not lose quality?

That's not how it works.

You can downscale 4k to 1080p and it will be higher quality than a straight 1080p source. But you can't take 4k and make it 1080p without losing quality, that's just how resolutions works

i just want to make danbooru.donmai.us/data/__master_nemesis_and_momo_velia_deviluke_to_love_ru_and_to_love_ru_darkness_drawn_by_ulquiorra90_and_yabuki_kentarou__51462980e8f6769b54a58f8b1bdd618a.png

fit my 1920x1080 screen with not to bad quality loss

Dude that's not even ultra wide. That's just regular wide.

It's still going to look fine it's just not native resolution

its pixely like around the edges of everything

That's because you're literally getting half as many pixels.

If you want less pixelation, you have to crop it to a more reasonable resolution closer to 1080p

for fuck's sake

I have to deal with shitty filters forever now?

Not worth it just to eliminate "muh bezels".

To be fair most people would consider nearest neighbor the shitty algorithm. As in most situations it's garbage compared to other algorithms

the issue is that I don't have a choice.
It's the crispest solution.
Other algorithms just make the image look less sharp.

>one large ultra-wide monitor
So the size of your mom's ass then?

Yea but for most situations it's just not great. You might be able to buy a specific production quality AV scaler that might allow you to specifically do nearest neighbor upscaling at any res. But you'd be spending $500+ probably

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Curve LCD monitor is still expensive.
Two wide-screen monitors have more arrangement flexibility and easier refresh-rate for the graphic card.
Depends on your application
Coding/Work: 2 monitors

FUCKING REKT

$500 for nearest neighbor? Why?

The specific thing I'm using right now is a Wii with an HDMI converter thing. 480p.

My dad uses a monitor that does nearest neighbor and is fantastic, the problem is that it doesn't have built in speakers.

My main goal with this monitor is to play my Wii/U/Xbox or use my PC on it.

RIP in peace OP

Holy shit op got blasted

senpai pls