Why do people buy gaming laptops?

why do people buy gaming laptops?

sorry. but the only reason i can really think of is because they'e manchilds

Other urls found in this thread:

productchart.com/laptops/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe they want near-desktop power away from home for projects?

I agree that they're dumb - a used t450/t460 or just building a PC is a much better choice
I also agree that being so addicted to gaming you absolutely must have it on the go is childish

but it isn't difficult to understand their purpose - gaming on the go

The reason to buy any laptop is because you're mentally retarded.

this. with the new msi vr backpack there is now excuse anymore to not bring your backpack pc everywhere

>uses anime pic and says they're manchilds

To play videogames during lectures

I have a laptop that is capable of playing some games, like y'know, Kerbal Space Program, because sometimes games are fun to play.

But if you buy a computer solely as a gaming platform then you're a manchild regardless of what form that computer takes.

>ITT people that forgot there was an outside

Whatever makes you feel better, tyrone.
If you think a gaming computer is only for gaming i have new for you...

What anime is that?
The blonde girl's hairstyle is making my dick hard

Oh, really? What "new" do you have for me?

You can actually shitpost online with it.

>>stop doing what i don't like

I think its the faggy vampire-timetravel anime.

HHHNNNNNNGGGG

It's Strike the Blood, family.

Thanks senpai

Many thanks, friend

if you wanted to use a powerful computer outside of your mother's basement, it would be quite useful

I got one because it had the specs I wanted for a pretty good price, plus it didn't look too "xX1337_GAMURXx".

Too dumb/unskilled to put together a parts list and build a desktop for gaming

I bought a gaming laptop because of 2 reasons.

The first reason was that it was 17" and has a 1080p screen with a 4k upgrade option.
The second reason was that the CPU wasn't one of those that throttled down.
The third reason was that it was cheaper then a workstation tier laptop of the same specs minus the ECC ram.

I pretty much got it for work and games it was a Lenovo y700 17-isk I like it just wished the damn corners weren't so uncomfortable.

One of its main uses is that it can run Hyper-V with it's own firewall that filters all trafic in the background without too much of a noticiable performance impact on the whole system.

Or running QEMU/KVM on linux or even bhyve on FreeBSD.
Shit is cash.

I just wish I could get a "gaming" laptop with a good keyboard and without enough rice to run a sushi bar.

I bought one because I wanted to play video games while doing my civil service. If I hadn't had that bullshit to deal with (fucking commies), I would have bought a desktop pc.

You do realize that you can turn off most of the LEDs on a gaming laptop now. Even Alienware has a setting specifically for that along with the same keyboard design as a precision.

I know LEDs can usually be turned off, I'm talking about the styling of the thing's case.

If these were desktops I'd be complaining about the only large cases looking like pic related, and wanting something like a Define R5. I want a plain-looking but fairly large laptop with good specs. They don't seem to make that, you can have a macbook clone, or you can have gamer styling.

Because it's powerful and more portable than lugging around a fucking tower, monitor, keyboard, mouse and headset?

It's not 2003 anymore, there are desktop class cards in laptops, they're damn powerful.

I bought one because there's no good way to transport monitors on planes.

>projects
like what?

>There are people in this thread who actually defend gaming laptops
I want Sup Forums to leave.

>Massively overpriced
>Abysmal battery life
>Awful thermals
>Look like a fag

Because I got pic related for $1200. It runs most games on my 4k TV just fine. Forza Horizon 3? Solid 60 90% of the time, dips to 40s in one of the cities sometimes.

Total War Warhammer? Runs perfect in 4k for me. FF14? Just werks.

Mind you - I did have to go cut the CPU voltage and set a custom curve for GPU to bring the temps down to 70ish as it was hitting 100c out of the box. No actual underclocking, just cut some of the excess voltages.

And well, IPS Gsync display is pretty nice to have on a laptop.

oops forgot the image. Herpderp.

I get 4 1/2 hours, its not great but it's not terrible. And like I said - $1200 for pic related. You'd barely be able to beat that with a desktop build, just gotta find the rebate deals, user.

Thermals are not great but not terrible, I have a 1inch 4.5lb with a 6700hq and gtx 1070. It hits 70-75c under full load. That's really not bad.

Photoshop? Video production?

this tbqh unless you have a razer blade or something that looks like a basic laptop you will always be a manchild with a laptop thats thicker than 5 macbooks
>b but muh dual gpu
>muh rbg backlight
kek

If you have a job that puts you on the road often then have fun lugging a desktop/monitor/keyboard with you.

I bought one because I literally have no room for a desktop and want to game while needing a laptop for college.

Got myself the Dell Inspiron 7559. It will play any game I want, the more graphic intensive ones dropping to medium but with steady fps. I'm about to upgrade it with an SSD.

>>Look like a fag
>implying it isn't a cool thing

>Got myself the Dell Inspiron 7559.

My nigga. Picked one up for $729 and upgraded it to 16 gigs of RAM and just added a solid state. What a wonderful machine.

Try not to be too much of a fag.

This. Just picked one up for a flat $1k with the the i7-6700hq, 16gb of ram, 128 gb SSD and a 1tb HDD. Not to mention the small creature comforts like a 4k screen, backlit keyboard, and a number pad.

According to Sup Forums though im not allowed to like it because "HURR GAYMERZ AMIRITE".

fucking this.

I don't buy gaming laptops. I buy laptops with expresscard slots so I can use thos desktop gpus

This. Laptops should be compact and long-lasting unless it's a rugged laptop, because they are cool and i want one

nah, i think you're just a poor fag who have a shit ton of pirated, anime discs.

They want a laptop but they want it to be too heavy to carry, and be plugged into the wall at all times.

this. I don't have room for a computer table in my room. I study at the library/student center and i want to be able to play vidya when i take breaks.

>msi gtx72 dominator pro
>i7, 32g ram, 16g vram nvidya 980m, 512g ssd.
only issue is that it's really heavy...

Buying a Metabox (Clevo) p641rf. I'm constantly travelling and on the move so getting a stand alone computer isn't practical. Still want to do the things I want to do like gaming, cuda programming and FEA in matlab.

I have a gaming laptop because I needed good hardware for my work (involves ML), and at the time I only had a tiny room and it was impractical for me to get a desktop.

because I can use Photoshop and madVR on it

You're not looking hard enough. There are plenty of laptops out there that perform decently and don't look like gamer garbage or macbook clones.

Desktops are a pain in the ass to bring with you on deployments.

Manchildren detected.

Unless your computer needs involve adistributed cluster for rendering oracademia,a laptop isthe only device you need in your life.

You can get a laptop in all form factors (13", 15", 17") that have a Thunderbolt 3 port, that lets you plug in any GPU you want. In the 15" and 17" range you can jam in a Xeon E3.

If you needmore power than one CPU or GPU can give you, you're probably not building ityourself, nor is it actually going to be yours.

A laptopwith Thunderbolt 3 covers all common use cases.

I have a friend who bought himself a laptop that can run games but he said it's for 'school' and I only ever seen him use it once in like 1-2 years

>justifying your purchases to neck beards on Sup Forums

Can you give me some examples?

and it'll run at 120c and die in a few months, no thanks

Got a t450 from ebay a month ago for exactly 354€, it runs pretty smooth, but I can't use it to play almost any game if I wanted to, maybe if I want to play minecraft with friends it will be good at minimum settings.

A friend got a cheap normie laptop which had a 940m for 400€ and it can play emulators and even Dragon Ball Xenoverse at 60 fps, but it throttles at most task because it has a weak CPU (I think it's an i5, tho).

So, yeah, there are two kind of gayming laptops, the cheap ones with OK GPUs and shit CPU that will fill all your necessities when you have to work/play outside and the expensive ones with high end CPU/GPU with almost no difference with the desktop ones that will allow you to play games at high settings and such outside for almost an hour at max. Both with shit built-in quality.
I'd accept the first one if you will casually play something when you are outside, but the second one is only acceptable if you really don't have any fucking space where you live or if you got it as a gift and you are in the way of selling it or you can't sell it for a good price in your country.

Because University is a thing and i need something good to use blender and photoshop with?

you can't be an artist without a 2016 MBP, goy

Is that ubuntu with unity?

Also are there some guidelines or infographs for buying laptops?
That aren't thinkpad / elitebooks / chrombook / macbook

Like designing 3D stuff, conducting numerical simulations, rendering, etc. You're stupid af

not him, but Clevo has some laptops that don't look muh-gamer shit

productchart.com/laptops/

Is this a good guide to see what's your options?

Pretty handy when you're on the go a lot.