Is there an easy way to make a retro gaming machine out of something I might already have...

Is there an easy way to make a retro gaming machine out of something I might already have? (Besides a PC) Instead of getting a raspberry pi.

I don't understand why we don't have the ability to connect my android phone to a tv with some bluetooth controllers.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/theflow0
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Original PSP is great for emulators

Isn't an android phone much more powerful than a PSP?

An android phone doesn't have buttons

Can I connect a bluetooth controller to an android though?

A PSP is more than enough for up to and including the 16bit era, along with GBA. If you really need muh power, I'd recommend something like the GPD Win, but that's chinkshit. You could also look into getting a used OpenPandora or maybe look into preordering a Dragonbox Pyra.

Not op, but Bluetooth controllers are great for emulation on Android.

Sure, but then it stops being a pocketable console

That's fine. I just want a convenient way to play old games on the couch with friends

stop spouting this meme, it's ok but it can't even play most snes games at full speed

what about a nintendo ds? or an old GBA?

both are even weaker than a psp
honestly your best choice is probably a vita, it's hacked now so you can run homebrews

hmm ok, i just asked because of hte form factor of a GBA seems much nicer than anything else. but then i think of the scenarios of where I would want to use a portable gaming station and cant think of a time and place i would ever use one. If i want to play retro games i just use my laptop.

Just buy a Nintendo 2DS and homebrew it

Raspberry Pi 3, retropie, official 7 inch screen, controller of choice. Make a mini Barcade if you want.

>I don't understand why we don't have the ability to connect my android phone to a tv with some bluetooth controllers.

Android phones have had this capability since the HTC Dream: the G1. The first Android phone.

An Xperia Play, dirt cheap and can play SNES/GBA perfectly.

GPD XD

(at least 7") tablet + 4 bluetooth controllers

Have fun.

I like my Vita, has a deeper library than any handheld I know of, plus the buttons are great.

>I like my Vita, has a deeper library than any handheld I know of, plus the buttons are great.
Can i play pirate psx Roms on it yet

February, on 3.60 firmware
twitter.com/theflow0

>I don't understand why we don't have the ability to connect my android phone to a tv with some bluetooth controllers.

mini-HDMI to HDMI + blue tooth controller ought to work.

>mini-HDMI to HDMI

shit, meant micro-usb to hdmi

If it has a screen it can probably be hacked.

Not yet, but you can play psx ISOs with RetroArch. They perform better that way anyways.