Margaret hamilton

Holy fuck, how did she write all of this code?

Does this make anyone else feel inadequate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xQ1O0XR_cA0?t=1189
youtu.be/AIBr-kPgYuU
imgur.com/gallery/Dp23C
nasa.gov/50th/50th_magazine/scientists.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

She paid people to do it for her

These women did more for computer science than any of you neckbeard shitlords ever will.

is each page like, multiple lines of code?

Or is each page a punch card or similar, so there's only 1 or 2 commands on each page?

Still impressive if it's just punch cards, it's just that if that's all lines it seems like _a lot_ for 60s computers.

Margaret Hamilton didn't write a tower of computer code taller than her head.
Grace Hopper didn't invent the "compiler" as we currently understand it, nor was she solely responsible for COBOL.
Ada Lovelace's contributions to computer science are heavily disputed but everyone agrees that she didn't write the first "computer program".

>ywn have a cutie nerd gf who can program assembly then make you breakfast in bed

fuck this earth

Impressive for its time (and for the huge milestone), not so impressive anymore given that codemonkeys write 10x what she wrote, all within an hour.

Those are printouts from running simulations. It's not actual code.

>Holy fuck, how did she write all of this code?
she didn't.

she was just an office manager.

this

you need to take the fucking black pill morons

>yfw all male accomplishments will be overshadowed by the secretary at the workplace
;_;

source?

depicted:
``Hamilton standing next to the navigation software that she and her MIT team produced for the Apollo project.''
>AND HER MIT TEAM

>[x] pill
ugh just buy yourself a fleshlight loser

ITT: Javascript faggot who will never develop anything as meaningful as long as they live.

>fiction
>instead of faggots, black dudes from america

Welcome to Burgerland, get your pack of doritos and get ready to get cucked.

nu-male detected

black pill? Is it another one of those cringey pill things, like red pill?

that one on the right is (((THICC))

> figure is not hidden at all

Gorilla mindset. Google it. Buy it. Get informed.

She looks like pepe.

Jesus, is really that hard to put ego aside and acknowledge an achievement. You're looking at a woman standing next to pile of information written by her that is as big as her, and your first thought is to dismiss all of her accomplishments as if she didn't even work at NASA for all those years. All this jealousy/denial really is not healthy mental state for anyone.

yeah she makes my dick feel small

my programmer teachers taught me, when your program code its getting bigger, then you are doing something wrong.

looking to the OP image, i wonder...

She was the lead programmer for the Apollo mission. That stack is all code.

Please stop misrepresenting the accomplishments of women, you're only hurting their cause.

Example #1:
>Bill Gates made Windows.
Reaction:
>Cool.

Example #2:
>The MALE Bill Gates has a PENIS and with his TESTICLES and MALE TESTOSTERONE made Windows. Do any of you feel inferior to the MALE GENITALIA of Bill Gates? I bet you feel inadequate when you compare your accomplishments to the MALE Bill Gates and his PENIS and TESTICLES.
Reaction:
Having someone contribute to a ground-breaking science program is great. For us at Sup Forums who like programming, it is more inspirational that it is for the average Joe.

...turning an awesome person into a gender issue is degrading. You can expect backlash.

Why are you using a tripcode?

The Apollo 11 source code is on GitHub and there's only like 100k lines.

WE WUZ ROCKET SAYENTISTS N SHEEIT

I wrote that much in my first semester of computer programming, Introduction to Structured BASIC.

The next semester I wrote at least that much in Introduction to PASCAL.

What makes me suicidal these days is that "computer programmers" don't write their own code anymore. They just copy what someone else already wrote, make a few edits, call is Mission Accomplished.

The days when you were expected to compose & type every single character of your own code, no "collaboration" with any other programmer(s), are long, long gone. I fucking laugh when basement virgins claim they write all their own code in interviews. 3 or 5 minutes in google and I can find most or all of their source code, some of which I read and graded 20 years ago when the original authors submitted their personal, unique work to maybe get a "B" out of it.

I lost my ability to be appalled anymore. Universities today teach children how to re-compose and recycle 30-year old code and award them an "A" for (you) Particpated because they're terrified of a lawsuit if Pajeet Sockshucker doesn't get his 3.95 GPA for sometimes showing up for class and occasionally handing in assignments.

that's not code you retards
even if it wasn't already pointed out that it's data readout, if stack of paper that big was all code it would be thousands of larger than even the biggest programs around today

youtu.be/xQ1O0XR_cA0?t=1189

I typed some stuff into google:
> how tall is Margaret Hamilton? - 5'0"
> how tall is a ream of paper? - 2 inches
> how many lines of text fit on a page? - 50
60 inches / 2 inches * 500 pages * 50 lines = 750,000 lines

That's a lot, especially for the time, but it's nowhere close to "the biggest programs around today".

yeah I was off by alot, but still, there's no way you have that much code back then, especially on something that critical, you cant just copy and paste a bunch of javascript and expect the debugger to catch all the problems

youtu.be/AIBr-kPgYuU

Programming was traditionally a women's job.

That's why I laugh at computer-niggers who think they're STEM. You're not. You're paper pushers who no longer have paper to push.

>she

>computer-niggers

Wouldn't computer-spics be a better term as they study CS and basically end up being janitors of others code?
You should work on your racism.

why are they black?
isn't one OP's image?

Are you new here or just mentally retarded?

Is it really that hard to put political correctness aside and admit that people's abilities are defined by their biology and that you can tell what kind of person someone is just by looking at them?
It's nice that she worked for NASA. However, as a woman, she did not write any code.

Those are actresses. They haven't done anything for anyone, shit for brains.

Not code, this is the program result from something that someone else (a man) wrote. 40 years later you casually count her as a programmer because she worked with male programmers.

you know what you're doing, you aren't a sjw since this is Sup Forums, you probably just got denied from entry level programming job because you are a piece of shit.

It looks like a woman's transformation from start to finish of her CS degree.

See

So YOU BE SAYIN

Those legs tho

Is computer-niggers a term people use so often we are set on using it?

Wasn't a lot or most of that printed test data output?

Mind you if I had to print all the code I have written in the last decade or so it would probably be around that height too. Just one project I had to do for web design in college was over 100 printed pages A4 pages and that was about 12 years ago.

>source: my ass
your next comment: Guy who wrote "Apollo 11 Owners' Workshop Manual" was a retroactive shitlord too

I read about this phenomenon 13 years ago, there was this supposedly famous picture of an american soldier in iraq holding up a giant desert spider, someone put the caption "SOLDIERS FOUND THIS INSIDE ONE OF THEIR OWN" or something. You really can morph people with captions.

This.

Old fucker here. My freshman Pascal final project was a shoebox full of punched cards.

I threw them off the roof of my dorm after scoring 104/100 on the final test in 15 minutes, but failed to turn them in on time because the fuckers changed the rules of turn in mid semester. Got a B- in the class because of that. I guess blowing off the class for 10 weeks has consequences.

I graduated with a 3.5 because I quit giving a shit about grades after that.

We have $3 million in the bank now. i can't decide if I want to retire or give it to some young fuckers at the Uni with a C average just to tell them "fuck you from me" to the academics.

If it wasn't it should be!

Programs back then also tended to have much shorter lines of code. Many simple operations in a higher level language take many more lines in the lower level languages so even if that is all code you can still question how much of each page is actually taken up by code.

kek jesus how warped is your view of women

I'm sorry you've only ever met one type of woman in your life

There is only one type of woman you bluepilled SJW satanist liberal cuck.

Sup Forums fell for the jewish trick of hating women, playing into the death of white people and the fall of their countries

A guy from Reddit contacted one of the Apollo programmers and asked them. Google it.

She was the lead programmer for the Apollo mission. She wasn't the only programmer though, if you look at the source code on github there are many that have the author stated in them and she isn't in most of them.
And there is maybe enough code there to take up half the height of the very bottom block once printed.

It just doesn't add up that all of that is Apollo code and all of it was coded by her, unless she went and printed every revision and shit.

I will not dispute that she was a talented programmer but there is no evidence that the stack is all code she wrote.

>A guy from Reddit contacted one of the Apollo programmers and asked them.
Sounds reliable.

don't waste all your buzzwords in one post friend, now you have nothing to reply to me with, except maybe a coherent argument, but we both know that isn't going to happen.

Yes a very large majority of women are uninteresting and mindless, maybe even larger proportion than men, but you sound like an idiot when you claim not a single woman can do anything of value.

Time to face facts, you know damn well you won't do anything as great as Margaret Hamilton, so your dismissal of her achievements really doesn't mean shit.

earlier I contacted einstein about it and all he said was
>aye yo fuck dat hoe, poop dick muddfafukka lmao

Let's look at the evidence on both sides

>Some guy's word on reddit
>"My dad worked for nintendo"
versus
>Dr Christopher Riley is a broadcaster and film-maker specializing in history and science documentaries. Dr Christopher Riley, a former planetary scientist, is a historian of human space flight and director of over 100 TV programmes on his subjectW. David Woods has studied the engineering behind the Apollo programme for nearly 20 years, and edits and curates NASA's Apollo Flight Journal (AFJ).Phillip Dolling is a multi-award winning Executive Producer at the BBC, responsible for many of the corporation's flagship factual strands.

both males so they must automatically be lying

The problem we're having here is what is commonly known as the "vagina award". 1001 men on the team, but one random female happened to be there. suddenly, women took us to the moon.

All the other commonly cited bullshit examples, grace hopper, ada lovelace, are you serious? working on a system made entirely by who? men.

You know exactly what you are doing, you aren't a sjw, you are just pissing in the pool for posts.

No one is claiming she was the only programmer.

Google it. You can even email the programmer if you don't believe it.

Your refusal to actually provide proof is solid evidence that your claim is a lie.

Is the black pill the one that gives you autism?

>I don't have an argument so I'll just attack his masculinity instead

>buy it
>>>/global/rules/11

You'd have more code in those days probably, languages and libraries handle all the routine stuff for you these days, you couldn't just type in print "Hello World" back then, you had to write a whole function for iterating over an array and sending bytes one by one to the output device and so on.

>Hey guys! I'm pretending to be retarded on le 4chinzz!
Go shitpost on /r/circlebroke2 or something. Then at least somebody might fall for it.

Playing prominent programmers in a movie is at least giving positive press to the computer science field. Which is a lot more of a contribution then you've ever done.

I'm a C average in Uni studying CompE who is in much debt

This.

I am so glad I'm not the only one who notices this.

my dads (I have 15 of them) were all programmers at nasa who worked on apollo 11 and they tell me that this isn't true. Also they worked at nintendo and you can get the triforce in oot if you beat it 1,000,000 times, trust me. My mom worked at nintendo. Btw, everyone who ever worked at nintendo and nasa adopted me all at once, so all my dads and moms worked at both places.

>walk up to graves
>"Will u retroactively adopt me???"
>silence
>Didn't hear no
>My dad worked at nasa

The proof is series of images on imgur. There's a picture of the emails and one of the pages of code from the Apollo.

>google it meme
talk is cheap prove it faggot

so link it already is it that hard?

i'll bite, I'm not anyone you mentioned but..
>rule cuck
>Which is a lot more of a contribution then you've ever done.
What have YOU done,eh? Not an argument.
now kill yourself nigger faggot

she's just doing her job over the course of a decade, it's not that impressive.

literally a person doing their job.

Behold the power of google.
imgur.com/gallery/Dp23C

I just invented a religion wherein everyone who has ever lived indirectly adopted me. Even if you don't believe in this religion, or are an atheist, my beliefs still affect you, and you are now my father or mother. I have 6+ billion fathers and mothers, and they all worked at Nintendo, and NASA, because that's what I remember them all saying. Even if you disagree with me outside of the religion on what I want to prove, you are still my father or mother. Therefore, everything I say is right.

I wasn't arguing about if that stack of paper was code or references i was arguing if it was all of her CODE she wrote by hand which is find highly unlikely

I never claimed she wrote all of that code dummy. I said she was the lead programmer. That clearly means she was part of a team.

the images you posted never proved she was the lead programmer either...unless i missed something.
im taking this as fact until proven otherwise

>What have YOU done,eh?
I haven't done anything other than write a few trivial programs. But then again, I never CLAIMED to have made any sort of significant contribution to the field of computer science.

well you can fug right then
>telling people what have they done when you havent done anything worthy yourself
sad desu
>pic related

Yes, it was confirmed by her coworkers that it was done by her manually. I don't know why, but Sup Forums is pretty much the only place it's still disputed since it was officially confirmed.

>That clearly means she was part of a team.
No it doesn't. People invent titles for themselves all the time. You didn't say she was part of a team, and that other user replied by clarifying that point. You replied again saying "nobody claimed she was the only programmer" but still not clarifying that there was a team involved. Moreover, LOTS OF PEOPLE CLAIM SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE. The photo itself implies that; the photo isn't authentic in that it doesn't show the actual number of people involved with the project.

Since you seem to think you know so much more than everyone else, perhaps you can help me on that front; how many people worked on that project with her?

>- Margaret Hamilton, lead Apollo flight software designer.
nasa.gov/50th/50th_magazine/scientists.html

>wall of text
:^)
T-thanks for wasting your time on me to research, kinda cute desu :3

It also says on the wiki page of she was the lead dev btw

No problem. Correcting the record helps me ignore how shitty my life is.

Okay then, have you written any non-trivial programs or made any kind of meaningful contribution to the field? If so, maybe I'm wrong. But Sup Forums, myself included, is generally not known for getting things done, and in comparison, even merely drawing positive attention to the field is a worthwhile accomplishment.

>software designer

Yes i have made non-trivial programs since im the lead dev in my cyber-sec team at my uni

Dude don't fuck with FALCON he has probably been here way longer than you and is one of the best anons around

You wanna fite the FALCON you gotta go through ME

>so your dismissal of her achievements

such as?

No one cares your shit is old and slow

> how shitty my life is.
tell me about it fampai :^(
l-l-lets go back to to feel

>>wall of text
It's a fucking article. What are you complaining about? You can search for things in it.

similar to the wage gap meme that's been repeated for the last 15 years, ranges from 70 - 78%, all citing each other in circles.

wow i can't believe how long it's been since i've seen this.

>as a woman, she did not write any code

nice and easy to spot