How easily can someone hack your Skype account?

How easily can someone hack your Skype account?
How easily can someone hack your last.fm account?
How easily can someone then hack your laptop / PC through these, if at all?

Was talking to some girl recently and she went mental out of the sudden, threatened to post my pics to some websites or whatever and post logs of our conversations she found ludicrous (apparently her political opinions are Tumblr enough to guarantee enough trigger for such a reaction). I have pics of her too. We don't have nudes of one another, she has a pic of me in my underwear, something I'm fine with (it's something I'd post in a bodybuilding site, so no stress), but I'd rather not go there.

If she shares the logs of our conversations, shares my personal info (my last.fm account, my Skype account), can someone hack them and consequently hack me and my other shit? Whenever I see Tumblr people "dox" someone they find their phone number, place of residence, etc.

How worried should I be?

hacking? probably not

it's easy to socially engineer your passwords for all websites if you trust someone and have lax security or are just stupid (phishing)

linkedin got hacked by sql injection, but i haven't heard of any database compromises from what you mentioned

Just make your password stupid difficult and change your information contained within those accounts to fake data.

>can someone hack them and consequently hack me and my other shit?

yes

you're in trouble

What I'd do if I was you is make new accounts you'll never use for each service and post user names and such on here and see if any Sup Forumsenuises can crack into those accounts. (Try using similar passwords to your own)

> Let the hack games begin

don't worry about anything more than doxxing
as long as you use separate passwords (which why wouldn't you?) you're fine

So should I change my password?

Not to mention the Skype account is tied to the Microsoft one.

I can do that.

What else can I do?

Fuck man, c'mon.

>So should I change my password?
is it a strong password?
did you give your password to someone else?
is it the same password you have used for websites elsewhere with known database breaches?

I'd say if you have strong passwords and have linked accounts (email and such) with equally difficult but different passwords, you'd be in the clear from actually having your information compromised. With that said, you'd still have to watch out with the "security questions" and check to make sure no one has attempted to use the "forgot password" feature in each account.

> you should be safe
> don't take any b8

Not OP but is there someplace that harbors such data bases so that I may strengthen my own passwords using the opposite of what normally people use as their access keys?

it's pretty common for skids to use Skype to find out your IP address, which can give them a rough idea of where you live.

Aside from that, any doxing will likely just involve searching for your skype and last fm username(s) to see if you re-used them somewhere that leads to your real name, not attempting to h4x you.

Maybe someone will search for your username(s) in some leaked, hacked databases, though.

try searching for your username(s) on Google, yahoo, bing, etc (with your username in quotes so it searches exactly for the username), along with pipl and haveibeenpwned.

>Whenever I see Tumblr people "dox" someone they find their phone number, place of residence, etc.
what a topsy fucking turvy world it is that someone Sup Forums is worried about being doxed by someone on tumblr.

I'm changing those as we speak.

What does doxxing actually do? How fucked am I?

The passwords were strong, but I changed them all as we speak.

To even more complicated variants that are just fucked to remember. I'll write them down somewhere not physical and seldom use them.

I never gave my passwords to anyone and as I said above they were strong but I changed them all to be retarded as fuck and strong too.

Is it enough?

She has an idea where I live, but still.

>Skype name
Asides from my first name there's nothing much there. My date of birth too.

But I have no social media accounts like Twitter or Facebook, that should be noted.

>leaked, hacked databases
What does that mean even?

>Googling my name
I have a pretty fucked name and she only knows my first name. Google says nothing much because of how weird a name it is.

Help, shit

>>leaked, hacked databases
>What does that mean even?
sometimes, after people hack a system, they'll leak its database to the public, or to sekrit club h4xx0r forums. People are then free to search these databases, which typically contain usernames, emails, passwords/password hashes, and the like.

haveibeenpwned will search several of these for you.

>>Googling my name
>I have a pretty fucked name and she only knows my first name. Google says nothing much because of how weird a name it is.
having a weird name makes it easier to dox you. Who do you think it would be harder to find accurate information on, "John Smith" or "Shitbuttfucknigger O'Cuntingham-McTitties?"

The latter, because you can be reasonably certain that name isn't shared between any two people.

Fuck.

I have no idea how far this girl is going, or if she's going at all, I just want to take all the preventive measures to avoid anything bad happening. I'm not sure if I'm in danger of getting doxxed or if she just wants to get some reactions out of her circlejerk.

But she doesn't even know my full name. I try not to share it, even within the Microsoft or Google accounts, not even on my Skype account.

I never had any social media so Idk how likely is anything to pop up. Most of my emails are in a foreign language too so I don't know.

Fuck, I'm stressing out.

foreign language accounts are a plus because it makes it much harder for people who don't speak that language and who aren't familiar with that language's internet culture to dox you.

also, it's "dox" "doxing" "doxed" with one x.

You'll probably be fine. If she's doing this on tumblr, you can just lurk her tumblr page to see what information she finds (but use noscript and a proxy)

I've no idea what her tumblr page is though.

All I know is her:
>Last.fm
>Skype
>Steam

That's it. I know she used to go to that rancid 8ch place, she was a mod there for a while or something.

But the rest? I don't know what she visits and the places she goes.

I should probably relax and take a breather but you never know how's it gonna be like with these fucking psychos. She knows I have two pics of her face too but I don't think she cares.

Or if she even has a tumblr page to begin with, that is.

what 8ch board?

if it's /baphomet/ then you're fucked lol

No idea.

Why, what's the issue about /baphomet/?

Baphomet is basically dedicated to doxing, hacking, etc.

With all that said. You're probably fine. All a dox is is a compilation of whatever information they could find about you. It sounds like they'll have a hard time finding you though.