Seriously, how is AMD still in business?

seriously, how is AMD still in business?

They are cheap, and many applications aren't CPU bound. Businesses buy a lot of them.

It's the only alternative

They keep finding investors willing to pour billions into them as they lose money.

the alternatives are just lower clocked intels tho

the $40 skylake CELERON G3900 is a better single threaded speed by over 20%

It's a great question. I've dealt with AMD products once and will never do so again. My first PC came with an AMD GPU because I didn't know any better at the time. Installing drivers was a total nightmare. The card was absolute garbage and within a year it had trouble running the latest games. Not to mention, one day is basically just exploded and was no longer usable.

I honestly can't think of any person saying "hey I really need this AMD component for my build". Intel is far better for CPUs and NVIDIA blows AMD out of the water in terms of GPUs. Hell, NVIDIA basically competes with itself now since AMD is so far behind.

and half the cores, no iGPU, the barest of support...

the 3900 has the intel 500 series graphics on it

>A company that makes higher and much more abnormal profits, has a much larger market share, and invests more money in its R&D is BETTER than the competition!?
Go figure

Because AMD makes money off a lot more than just their consumer line.
In fact their consumer line is not profitable so they should drop it.
I wanna see $400 i3's for you idiots.
I won't have trouble paying those prices, but many here will.

By making products that people want to buy. They are way better than the greedy green goblins who want to vendor lock everything.

It's not like their products would be unusable either. Nvidia just reaches a little longer meme bars with their most expensive models. It doesn't mean AMD products would be terrible, they are very much useful for the majority who fall in their price range anyway.

I'm waiting for Zen as well. Hopefully they don't take long with it now.

the $120 i3-6100 and 4170 before it have been universally praised for being the baseline top end PC cpu for gaming since they're pretty much on par with the i5 and i7 interms gaming needs

so AMD has nothing to do with effecting their prices

>top end PC cpu
No, fuck off with your dual core junk.

Didn't know soccer moms browse Sup Forums.

Why stop with single thread performance? Post multicore too. And gpu performance.

soccer moms don't play video games. he's just a teenager.

4 threds buddy

the only 2 relevant AMDs are the FX-8 furnaces

you sound like one of those retards that blames the store you bought something from when you get a dead on arrival product.

Thanks for posting the rest of the benchmarks op.

have you all managed to miss the thread where Zen was shown to match Skylake while underclocked?

this is just a shit troll thread my man

>AMD only caught up to Skylake
>we are already on Kaby Lake and Skylake is dead and buried anyway

loving every laugh...

Amd is bought by poorfags and 12 year olds. Aka the majority.

one day AMD gonna rule the tech world and all of you gonna regret this. AMD already crushed Nvidia with Radeon Polaris this gen, it's only a matter of time until they destroy Intel. just wait (I'm a tech analyst, I know what I'm talking about).

>my alien eyes can notice the 1% performance difference

If India can have a space program than a shitty GPU should be doable too.

let me know how you go trying to record your game.

>$130 quadcore with $50 worth of GPU integrated
>but muh single thread benchmark

Got myself an a8 7650k for a hundred aud.

Can run gta v on low settings 40fps. Bf4 medium 45fps.
I know it's not great or high end at all, but you honestly can't beat it for the price.

I have my own more powerful pc, I just use this one for the TV.

They're in it for the exact reason. AMD is hot cheap garbage and for every i7 Intel out there you need a cheap APU/CPU garbage that ms and sony will put in their consoles.