Should I buy a huge monitor?

Should I buy a huge monitor?

Pros & Cons

>I'm not a gamer, but I use CorelDRAW and stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/products/vizio-m-series-2016/review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Buy a wacom with integrated monitor then.

I find 27" is too big. If I have to turn my head to see from one side/corner to the other then it's too big.

23-24" is the best size.

I've never had a big monitor, but I really like being able to snap windows to the side of the screen, or maximize by double-clicking the top of the window.

I use a 65 inch 4k TV as my monitor

vizio-m65-d0 to be exact

monitor cucks btfo

>VIZIO
I think you've got cucked kiddo.

I have a 43" UHD TV as my monitor, using the full 3840x2160 with no pixel scaling.

It's amazing for programming and CAD and work in general, especially if you use a good window manager.

It's bad for gaming.

cnet.com/products/vizio-m-series-2016/review/

editors choice. you just got BTFO

>The remote is a fully functional android tablet
Sounds absolutely terrible.

The fuck nigger.
Stop sitting so close your greasy nose smears the screen.

it is, but I never need to use the tablet remote I just use the mini remote that comes with it to turn it on and off and then I use the keyboard

I don't actually sit that close.

Get a projector instead.

Same here. A generation behind you with my 60in sharp aquos but still comfy as fuck

this
now fuck off and buy it

i'm using an 27" LG 27EA33 IPS 1080p
best investment i have ever made and it is dirt cheap
everything more than 27" would be shit

>falling for the multiple monitor meme
>falling for the big monitor meme
have you faggots, even heard of tiling? install gentoo you NEETS

You blew it. Multiple monitors are not advisable because they promote multitasking and lower productivity, tiling is the same. Focus on one task for fucks sake.

27'' at 1080p? ain't that a bit too low resolution? I'm not sure how big in inches my current one is, I think 22'' or 23'' and it's got that res. I bet you can see the pixels.

I use a vizio p55 when I feel like big screen gaming.
Beautiful tv but the smartcast thing is pretty disappointing. I remember thinking "wouldn't it be nice if I could use a smartphone to do this shit" roughly 3 years ago while changing picture settings and typing stuff into search bars on my first vizio smart tv with the keyboard remote.
>inb4 lol smart tvs are for fags
It's nice to be able to launch netflix without turning anything else on, switching the input on my reciever, and fumbling around with a controller or keyboard or third remote. Unfortunately when the tv decides it doesn't want to connect to the included tablet it becomes a nightmare.

that's the down side of it , but not that bad ,i just use a shit load of anti aliasing and fxaa to fix it

get a 27" 1440p IPS monitor, you have a decent monitor size, you won't go blind because of the resolution and you will have more screen real state than the cucks using 1080p. If you pair it up with some 22~24 inch 1080p monitor shit will be almost on the same size on both and it won't look awkward.
Whatever you do, get IPS monitors, don't fall for the faggotry that is 144Hz TN panels, they still look like shit and the high refresh rate doesn't even make a difference for the faggots that play games, they still suck.

I use a 49" IPS UHD TV (protip: better be HDMI 2.0 compatible) as a monitor and am very happy with it for coding.

This is ~90 dpi, while the other common sizes of 40" and 43" are ~110 and ~100 dpi. The bigger displays are good for maximizing visible LOC with small bitmap fonts, but there's diminishing returns on bigger displays if your eyesight is average or better.

You should probably just pony up for a Wacom Cintiq or a high-dpi 5k/27" display if you are a drawfag though.

thats what i did, i looked at monitors, good ones are 120+ bucks, 24' LCD HDTV 180 bucks so why not get the TV then it can be both TV and monitor all in one device, better than using a stupid TV tuner card

what was she playing before she died?

How the fuck do people not go blind with resolutions above 1080p?

Fonts and menus become so small that they are almost impossible to read. And there is only so much text scaling you can do before screwing up the interface.

>using the arrow keys in what appears to be half life or something
lol

nice blog post

Does nobody here have an individual personality or any capacity of thought?

>big screen yes or no guise?

How can you not answer this by yourself in 20 seconds?

1440p on a 27" is wonderful. 1080p on the same size looks like shit though.

If your nose is longer than 1ft from the screen then why have 4k at all? You won't notice a real difference if you sit far away from it.

if you are not sysadmin or code in a obscure text-only editor tiling is pretty much shit.

i went from 23" to 32" (both 1080p) and i would never go back
27" cucks are the worst
you get used to it in 2 hours.

Never go more that 32". If you need more desktop space, get dual monitors.

Are you going to be meters away from your screen using CorelDraw? If not, just get a 24 inch with high DPI and resolution.

eyestrain

You want a big ass TV, a nice 16:10 monitor and another monitor you can turn on its side and use lengthwise. That is the god tier setup you should have.

This is my goal

Who is this penis provoker?

>arrow keys instead of wasd

I taught my friends to stop doing this when we were about 8 years old fucking hell

29" 21:9 2560x1080. It's like 2 4:3 monitors, easy to drive for gaming, great for productivity and movies have no black bars.

who are you quoting?

>Child born after WASD became standard

>2560x1080

You got cucked, buying an ultrawide at anything but 3440x1440 is pure retard tier.

global 6 - quality of posts
global 3 - trash outside of Sup Forums

What is she playing?

>he thinks he's a mod

Look at this abject cuntfag.

Size doesn't matter as much as pixel density you doofus

WQHD is sweet spot now

How's it amazing for cad work? Can't see how it'd come in handy for that

>Get a huge projector screen
>Get a short throw projector.
~180-300++ inches of glory.

Besides more vertical pixels what makes it better than anything I said in ?

>I'm not a gamer, but
no

>tfw I just got my 50" samsung 4k to display 60hz properly

once you put it in PC mode, it disables all post processing, and I'm extremely impressed with the response time

now all I need is a $3000 rebuild to play and games

Wow, now you have to put it 50 feet away so the pixels aren't bigger than an xbox.

>high refresh rate doesn't even make a difference for the faggots that play games
It does.

t. faggot

I have one that I basically just use as a tv hooked up to a laptop on the desk in my room. Its pretty awesome for movies and games I can play with a controller. I dont really use it for computer stuff though, it hurts my eyes

>144Hz makes no difference

It does. If you've actually used one, you'd know this. I tried one for a day, but sold it because while the zero ghosting and fluid frames were glorious, I couldn't get over the washed out feel and colourshift over my 2560x1440IPS at the time.

You're wrong, but which is better to sacrifice is personal opinion and not up to your facts.

Usually people with more than one monitor or big monitor are incompetent and worth less than the monitor they use. I guess they really need that help to do some work, lol.