From toaster to microwave

What is the equivalent of an amd radeon HD 5670?
Can I put a more powerful graphics card on my P5B-Plus with E6600 or will it give me blue screens?

Other urls found in this thread:

delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/3/#motherboard-compatibility-table
wccftech.com/intel-developing-new-x86-uarch-succeed-core-generation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Errrrr, every recent iGPU from Intel?

Radeon RX 460-2gb.

Cheap, plays esportsy games very well at 1080p.

Also, while you're at it go to ebay and buy yourself a q6600 (your motherboard supports it) for a few pennies, drop it in and enjoy your much improved performance in new games.

I will second the Radeon 460 suggestion; you can get on on Newegg for less than $100. For a tad bit higher the GeForce 1050 isn't bad either. And there is no reason not to get a Core 2 Quad off of ebay; the q6600 is like $15, and the higher clocked models not much more.

>crossfire fingers on a low end card
what's the point lmao

I'm still using a 7870 and i have 0 reasons to upgrade it, the only game on existence I can't play is witcher 3 if I want 60fps
I don't understand the GPU meme

"gamers" are at iphone consumer tier of retardation

Get a 460/70/80 depending on your desires. Based on your current shit you could likely get the cheapest

At this point your ancient dual core will pose a real bottleneck. Upgrade to a q6600 or better yet buy an LGA771 to 775 adapter and then buy a cheap Xenon on eBay. Best upgrade you could do short of a rebuild.

Chinks sell the xeons already adapted to 775 these days you don't need the shitty adapter

Neat.

My last 775 board developed cap cancer so it's been awhile.

GTX 1050 Ti

>"DIGITAL SPORTS"

Wonder if the BIOS on those boards identifies them correctly or just thinks it's a C2Q.

For an E6600?

Massive Overkill.

Get an R7 2x0X (whichever is cheapest, 250s are super cheap now) if you aren't going to upgrade the CPU to at least a C2Q.

Unless whatever card you buy you into to move into a new computer don't spend too much on the GPU

This is good suggestion OP

There is a lot of modified bios firmwares that add the xeon microcode for most of the 775 if they don't support it natively

Mine is a dumpster dell optiplex 745 and it just say "processor not supported" when I boot but it works just fine

>buy a quad core xeon
>buy a used RX 4XX or some gtx 5xx
>?????
>awesome computer for low price

kek...that's the same machine I was considering one for. My old GX620 went apeshit yesterday when I fired it up to copy some Redbox movies. Something Windows Update did killed my old shitty NetGear wireless card. That Pentium D is painfully slow at this point. I'll probably do a fresh install of Windows and donate it to Goodwill or something, then the 745 can take its place.

Neat, I'm going to pick one up; can't hurt for that price.

I have the 4gb Sapphire variant and I love it

delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/3/#motherboard-compatibility-table

Look there first, you can get a fucking quad core xeon for 8€ that can rape modern AMD processors

this processor would definitely bottleneck even a rx 460

Yeah a 460 would be fine if he intended to move it into a newer system at some point but desu I wouldn't put any of the newer cards in old systems because a lot of those motherboards were never designed to push 75W through the X16 slot at load for extended periods of time.

>tfw only satisfied with 144 fps

>he plays at 720p

nigger I have a 4K 40" screen

>he plays at 720p
No

>4K 40" screen
why fuck I even bother

>tfw I know a freidn who plays division on a 5850 at 1024x768
>he still cant play all missions

why can't he play all the missions?

750 Ti is only like $75 online now....sucks being a poorfag

he gets a r9 290 soon
they are only 100 € now
i hope his psu doesnt explode
those missions just show a white screen
others run with 20 fps when there are other players

Was it the X5460 you used? I don't see the 745 board on the link posted by .

Its the same

Sweet. Thanks!

RX460 will give you a bump. Goes 2GB if you want to go cheaper.

To be sure go for l5320
The good thing about this optiplex things is that dell sold them with processors from shitty pentium Ds to beasts core2quad and all of them have the same mobo so they have a fuckton of microcode

the good2 thing about this is that you can find entire dell optiplex with this mobo for 5 bucks

A top notch GPU can handle games for around 3-5 years. Yours is in its last grasps. Soon games that doesnt look that fancy will run at sub 30fps due to your old Shader Model.

Get an APU. More graphics and computing power than your PC, cheap and cute cute cute as fuck

I mostly play 2D stuff and old games anyways

I'm pretty sure I will not upgrade if the GPU don't die in at least 3 years when intel kill the current x86 as they said

Usually this question went unanswered whenever I'd make this thread.

Guess I got lucky. Either that or I should learn to only make threads during american time zones.

I have a soft spot for poorfags running old conroe builds.

Make a thread if you update to a Xenon + RX4xx. Sup Forums likes that kind of stuff.

Kill x86 and do what? RISC is basically owned by IBM and if they don't come with something as efficient as an X86 and fast as a RISC there is no way to go. ARM just blown their X86 mobile SoC so no way they will try anything like that.

I said current x86 not x86

wccftech.com/intel-developing-new-x86-uarch-succeed-core-generation/

I have one as a seedbox/nas

It just werks

745s blow their caps, get a 755

You fucking people are the reason 771 cpus cost so fucking much.
I hate you. Buy a real 771 motherboard.

Hey Sup Forums,
What are the differences between a Xeon Processor E5335 and a Q6600?

I got all my Dells from work as they were replaced. All the 755s we bought were SFF. The 745 was the tower, so I grabbed it, put a Q6600 and a 4870 in it, and maxed out the memory.

Now we're starting to replace all our Lelnono M92ps, but they're all SFF too. I've grabbed a couple, but I would have much preferred tower cases.

Question, i have a little hp desktop with s conroe c2d, would it support other conroe processors out of the box? Like going from the c2d e6400 to a xeon 3075?

Ehh, I think the full tower form factor was fine, I just assumed it was mt or sff because that's just what everyone bought

Well, this is pretty common to happen since existence.

Look up the model number on HP's site and they'll tell you what CPUs the thing could support.

Cry more, faggot.

>that motherboard layout
BTX was a massive mistake.

>or will it give me blue screens

Boop