/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of fucking March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung Galaxy A 2017 series will be announced on January 5
phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-A-2017-announcement-date_id89453

Sony Xperia XZ (2017) shows up in blurry picture
phonearena.com/news/Sony-Xperia-XZ-2017-shows-up-in-blurry-picture_id89448

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X image leaks, confirms rumored specs
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4x_image_leaks_confirms_rumored_specs-news-22401.php

Nokia to announce up to 5 new devices in 2017
gsmarena.com/nokia_to_announce_up_to_5_new_devices_in_2017-news-22385.php

[Deal Alert] The Nextbit Robin is $145 on Amazon ($105 off)
amazon.com/Nextbit-Robin-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/dp/B01D9LVCAI

LG G5 $349 AT&T, Sprint, Verizon @ BestBuy (no contract)
bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-postpaid-20161227

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_c7_pro-8435.php
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-special-editionl-3gb-32gb
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.filmic.compatibilitytest&hl=en
ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-J7-16GB-J700H-5-5-DUAL-SIM-4G-H-GSM-Factory-Unlocked-Phone-/131714611090?var=&hash=item1eaacd7792:m:m-QbmOTJgVhlgrxBEPaQfUg
amazon.com/Moto-Plus-4th-Gen-Unlocked/dp/B01DZJFWNC/
amazon.com/Galaxy-Dual-J7108-16GB-Gold/dp/B01KPCEQPC/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for chinkphones

Redmi note 3 pro, redmi 4 prime, redmi note 4 pro or zuk z2?

Weimei Force:

CPU
>MediaTek MT6735
>ARM Cortex-A53
>Quad-Core
>1.3 GHz

GPU
>ARM Mali-T720

Other features
>Accelerometer
>Compass
>Proximity sensor

Long story short, I got this phone as a present, but fucked up chinese UI won't let me operate properly with widgets (also no rooting is possible yet and let's face it, it will never be). Basically I want to flash a custom ROM on it, probably Cyanogen 13.

Do you know of another smartphone with the same/similar specs so the flashing will result not in bricking?

yes no yes meh

>Do you know of another smartphone with the same/similar specs so the flashing will result not in bricking?
Sorry but it doesn't work that way. The custom ROM needs to be made specifically for that model for it to work. And if it doesn't even have root I really doubt it'll have custom ROMs available.

What do you value more, battery life or performance? 5" or 5.5"? Planning to install a custom ROM?

Also you might want to wait until Redmi Note 4X is announced

battery life ideally, but do want the power to kick in when needed. Definitely want to install a custom ROM.

should i get a mate 9 for 500 euro
why and why not

Why do people believe that budget phones are somehow not up to manufacturing standard? Do they not realize that their $900 memephones cost under $250 to produce? They're literally paying for marketing payroll, not hardware or quality assurance so this entire concept of "omg chinkphones must be of lesser quality" is retarded.

just get a op3t

Are all Android devices backdoored leaky pieces of datamining shit from the factory still?

Carrier IQ went out of business so what replaced them?

Just got the iPhone 7 (u jelly fàm??).

What are some apps I should get?

Is the iPhone 7 too big or are my hands too small?

>wanting a smartphone
>doesn't want nsa
LMAO

an icloud password for your stolen iphone

it's a relatively big phone, yes but your hands may also be small so

What do I do then? The goddamn System UI won't let me put widgets on Nova and it feels kinf of pleb...

Samsung Galaxy S6 for the past two years has worked great for me. However, the home button is shitting the bed and is not registering my clicks or plenty of times goes straight to the camera, which barely happens when I actually want it to.

I'm in the market for a new smartphone. My must have features are:

- Wireless charging
- Fast access to camera
- Mobile Data toggle in notification dash

Nice to have:
- Fingerprint recognition
- Under 500$ price tag

The NSA can't be helped at this moment. I'm more concerned about carriers and manufacturers mining data to sell to advertisers

root it with kingroot. it should work with all those loe end MTK phones.

redmeme

>Definitely want to install a custom ROM
out of the 4 phones you mentioned only the RN3P and ZUK have custom ROMs available. RN3P gets around 8-10h SOT and the ZUK around 5-6h. The SD650 in the RN3P is less powerful than the SD820 in the ZUK, but near equal to last year's flagship SoC SD810 so still more than powerful enough for pretty much anything you'd do on a phone.

cheers mate, but its camera certainly lacks and ideally I want a good snapper as well for when I need it. Is the note 4x going to have a better camera than before?

If you're fine with touchwiz then just upgrade to s7 edge

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_c7_pro-8435.php

It doesn't work

Also, why rooting?

change launcher.

Same shit with every single launcher m8

Almost certainly, it's the successor to the RN3P after all

What has the best camera for under $300? Anything better than pic related?

Preferably chink

Cheers

thanks!

does using fast charge or wireless charging really kill your battery faster? i keep hearing people say it, but no one has any evidence

>Carrier IQ
AT&T picked them up btw

I'm also interested about this.

ZTE Nubia Z11 Mini S looks good, but there aren't many reviews out yet.

Moto G4 plus is a good option too.

guys,

Is there somehting comarable to the redmi note 3 pro but with the lte band 20 enabled ?

something around the 150 € mark.
similar batterylife and fast charge would be great.

What's the difference between the C7 and S7 other than the screen resolution?

the redmi note 3 pro special edition has band 20 iirc
who knows if the note 4X will have it

Look at the fucking specs.

the problem is I can't find it anyhere for a reasonable price !

best alternative youtube app?

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-special-editionl-3gb-32gb

Look harder.

The YouTube app from Google

Vimeo

jk anyone who uses vimeo should be killed

NewPipe

128 GB version when? Is it even worth it to wait for it, or should I just bite the bullet and get the 64 GB one?

Anyone living with Kate & Goodix on a custom rom?

>tfw live in one of the only countries where the OP3T is sold by a carrier
>could go to their store and pick one up anytime
>can't justify upgrading when my OPO still does everything I need it to

But it has ads and you can't play videos in the background.

is it a good time to buy a china phone or will the prices drop soon ?
also how futrue proof is RN3P, i heard there are allready custom roms based on nugat.
and is the international RN3P as well supported as the normal one ?

Going to buy an s7 edge, but i'm quite uncertain on which color, silver or gold?

If you care about privacy, it is never a good idea to buy a China phone.

Black

gold is for persians and muslim faggots
black if you want a fingerprint magnet
silver if you want a bitchmagnet

thanks for the tip, but the question was aimed at the current prices

mi5 price should drop soon because of the mi6. But most chinaphones are already dirt cheap.

>Axon 7

>Pros
-great build quality. It looks very nice in gold.
-great screen
-flagship tier processor, ram, and gpu
-amazing audio
-expandable storage up to a 256gb MicroSD on top of 64gb internal. This makes it better than the OP3 imo if you aren't into custom ROMS
-$350, ridiculous value
-great battery life and quick charging
-dual sim, works with CDMA and GSM

>Cons
-no waterproofing
-camera has a trash auto focus and isn't good in low light. The camera is good in manual mode in well lit venues.
-capacitive buttons aren't backlit
-locked bootloader

>In defense of the OS
I think a lot of the changes here are welcome. A clear all button was added to recent apps, along with the ability to lock apps so they aren't accidently cleared. A neat toolkit is included. A service where ZTE pushes new 1440p wallpapers everyday to the lockscreen helps show off the great screen. Dolby ATMOS isn't a gimmick; it really works.

>verdict
A very nice looking, well thought out, powerful multimedia centered phone at an amazing price. If you are more into custom ROMS and want to spend a little more money, I'd get the OP3. If you are more into multimedia, this phone really wins with expandable storage, great screen, and God tier audio (for a phone).

I wouldn't wait for the Axon 7 max or drop down to the Axon 7 mini. The 7 max has a stronger processor, but has a 6" 1080p screen. The mini is only $50 cheaper but worse in every way, except for the audio.

how much will it drop by, do you think?

bump, also not sure if mi5s > mi5 for $20 extra

>soon
Xiaomi Mi6 is still months away. And Mi5 was already succeeded by the Mi5s so the price drop has happened already

So I want something around 300 Freedom bucks. I accent display (minimum 5.5"/FHD), battery life, metal body and smooth system. I don't plan any custom ROMs simce I have other device for fucking with. I don't give a shit about audio/waterproofing/NFC and other pretentious shit. I don't need removable battery. I would like at least decent camera, but that is negotiable. Frequently updated system is definitely a plus.

So far my champ is Redmi Note 4. Are there any alternatives which come close?

If you're in the US most chink phones are missing the network bands you'll need

I'm from Eastern Europe, Xiaomis work fine here, can even get LTE in bigger cities without trouble.

Shouldn't this thread be called /sfg/? There's no 'p' sound in smartphone.

Recently bought a consumer wireless moto g4 play from Target for 100$ and coming from a Z3 with a dying battery and finnicky charging port I'm completely satisfied. Plenty of power to do everything i want to do and i don't feel obligated to use a case because I spent so little on it if it gets fucked in a years time I'll just buy another one. My only gripe is the lack of an LED notification light but it isn't effecting me as much as i originally thought it would, almost put me off of the phone completely.

That's not how it works

What is the best ROM available for the OnePlus 3?

>pic unrelated

I'd wait at least until the Xiaomi announcement at CES 2017 (the Note 4X maybe?) before getting a new phone

Sultanxda's CM13

Is a Xperia Z1 compact still worth buying (used)?

is google pixel a good phone?

Depends how cheaply you can get one. It isn't completely obsolete specwise yet

Best camera on market, great specs overall.

Way overpriced for what it is, problems with sound, some reports about problems with battery at low charge.

Quite ugly on outside, but nice software.

IMO unless you care enough about camera and non-chink customer support so much that you'd pay double price, there really isn't a reason to get it over OP3T for example. (which I just did few hours ago)

I was looking at some that cost around 130€, but now I think they are in too bad condition, and I don't want to spend more than that
I'm looking at the Moto E 2nd gen too, but Tbh the 1GB RAM turns me off a bit
I just want to get a phone with 4.7" screen max

Currently have a Galaxy S3

I might get a Moto G4, but I want to know any anons opinions of it.

If any kind user wants to help, can you tell me if FiLMiC Pro will work on your device? They make a free app that will tell you what your phone can/can't do with it. I want to be able to use it as a backup camera for shoots.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.filmic.compatibilitytest&hl=en

Dumb question.

What's the best used smartphone for $50.

Or should I not even bother.

130€ is too much for that phone anyway. Plenty of good chink phones available if you can handle 5", not much under though

What phones are available for $50 where you live? Phones such as HTC One M7 and LG G2 should still be perfectly useable

Where I live? Probably nothing.

What about on eBay or something? Or is it something I'm better off trolling CL for

I need a decent 2016 smartphone for up to 190$. I don't want no chinkshit, because I was hyped up by Redmi 4 Prime until I found out it doesn't have global rom and I don't want to spend an entire day making that vendor crap usable. Please help

The ones from the sticky?
Actually I think 4.7" is on the big side already. I guess I'll go into some shop and try some phones with 5" screen
Is there anything inherently wrong with the Moto E 2nd gen? It's 91€ on amazon right now

So, I was really excited to get the Axon 7. I was in love with it's duel front speakers and low price, but everything I've read about that phone says the software is filled with ridiculous bugs. Guess I'll have to forget about it.

Now I'm considering the OP3 and the HTC 10. I was looking at the Xperia XZ, which also has front speakers, but it seems pretty underwhelming for the price. My uncle thinks I should get the Galaxy S7 unlocked.

I dunno, I'm pretty lost right now.

Anyway to make gboard smaller? Its so fucking big, or should I just go back to swiftkey

You want da camera? S7
You want da overall high quality? Htc 10
You want da overpriced chinkshit? Op3
You want to overpriced quality? Xperia XZ

At 5" you have very good phones such as ZUK Z2, Redmi 4 Pro or Mi4C to consider, under that and it's mainly budget phones with terrible specs.

Though as far as budget phones go, the Moto E is probably one of the better options.

The software is fine. A few of the issues people had with the software just got fixed in an update. The devs seem to be responsive to the community. It's also $350 now on Amazon.
The main issue is its camera, but you can't expect a Google pixel or iphone camera on a $350 phone, much less one that refuses to compromise in so many areas like the axon 7.

It's just a matter of time before it gets one. Also new phone coming from Xiaomi soon, announcement at CES on Jan 5th

You tell me

okay, thanks for your answer.
I'll have to try some 5" phones then and see if they are too big or not

Actually I barely use my smartphone for anything but whatsapp, Sup Forums, osmand and rarely browsing, but right now I have a Huawei Y300, which is still okay, but terribly slow.
I guess I would be happy with the Moto E, but I'll try to get my hands on some 5" phones, but I don't know if they would be overkill for me.

see

Looks good too, I'll add it to my list.
Thanks for the suggestion

What's the optimal smartphone i can get that isn't chink under 300$

ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-J7-16GB-J700H-5-5-DUAL-SIM-4G-H-GSM-Factory-Unlocked-Phone-/131714611090?var=&hash=item1eaacd7792:m:m-QbmOTJgVhlgrxBEPaQfUg

Is there a good way to root my samsung galaxy S7 edge without triggering the knox or a way to uninstall knox/a way to unbrick my phone if it were to come to that?
I also don't have access to a computer for a while.

amazon.com/Moto-Plus-4th-Gen-Unlocked/dp/B01DZJFWNC/

The most complete that isnt total dogshit or a low end samsung would be either the Moto G4 Plus or the Hauwie P9/P9 Lite.

Its easy to root, you cant root it without triggering knox
If you fuck up and brick it you can just reinstall a 935f firmware and itll be fine.

You realise that's the 2015 J7? The specs are absolute shit for a $200 phone

I'm thinking about Xiaomi Redmi Pro and i live in america, should i get it?

Boost J7 is your best bet, only $149 right now.

>ebay
fuck off chinkshit shill

>J7 2015
>not 2016
idiots
amazon.com/Galaxy-Dual-J7108-16GB-Gold/dp/B01KPCEQPC/

No flash on the camera