Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LC_sx6A5Wko
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>a titan x
>a
>singular
Pleb.

>he thinks pascel is good for gaymin
Why do you think nvidia is dropping this meme?

Because I am waiting for the 6,000 shader HBM2 Vega card that will destroy this pleb tier GPU.

You shot your load too soon.

My job pays me well enough and my govt. taxes me 30+k per annum.

Grow up.

breddy gud familia

With the 1080 Ti basically having been confirmed now, you'd have to be an idiot to buy one of these, if it weren't a bad idea before.

>paying twice the price of a 1080 for ~20% more performance

Feels good to not be retarded OP, thanks for asking.

>wait

I waited 7 months for Pascal and
>Polaris

Last fucking time I'm EVER waiting for anything consumer-electronics related.

>titan x
>not getting the hbm version
You first.

Meh. I'm fine with my 980ti.

me too, I'll upgrade to the 1180 ti

Why is being "poor" a insult for Americans? Americans are generally poorer than people in most developed countries. Here in Norway we don't have anything like the poverty in America, you guys even have some people who are homeless for God's sake.

Nothing wrong with being poor in itself, there are millions of reasons why someone might be poor. Americans have a twisted mind.

because my 1080p GTX 770 SLI rig still gets the job done
only times I get an issue is when I go over 2gb vram
plus I think I'm going to hold out until Volta and Vega

thats because these dumb fucknuggets consistently vote for politicians who preach trickle down economics that doesn't work, all because they believe in the "american" dream of getting staggeringly rich somehow, even though they are more likely to die in a car accident on any given day. I genuinely don't understand why they vote for people who really only see them as a source for cheap labor. why would they not vote for people who want to (at least they pretend) make health care and higher education more affordable? I was fortunate to be born to a mother with an M.D. and a father with a masters

>I genuinely don't understand why they vote for people who really only see them as a source for cheap labor.

Have you ever seen American political commentary?

"He looked powerful during the debate", "He looked tired", "that suit did not look good"

Remember when Obama wore a beige suit at some debate? He plummeted in the polls for a while because people did not think he looked presidential.

People vote for people who only see them as cheap labour because politics are not about the issues over there (at least not in the media) even so called 'serious' news sources like PBS and Washington Post focus mostly on how people dress in the debate, if they looked good, what the politicians said in private locker rooms years ago (that has nothing to do with any issues) and so on.

>I was fortunate to be born to a mother with an M.D. and a father with a masters

Yeah, I was 'born with a silver spoon in the mouth' as we say and always been comfortable. But most poor people work way harder than I do, they are proper people. But most know they will never be rich no matter how hard they work.

Getting a titan x is frivolous unless you do gaming or something.

I'm a legit poorfag, but I'm good at penny-pinching/saving money so I have a really nice set up made possible since I lead a simple life. Only problem is that I can't update my PC very often. But whatever, being poor in America isn't all that bad if you know how to buy/save money.

Are you an idiot? Obama was president for 8 years and he did jack shit. His only accomplishments are gays in the military and men in women's bathrooms. (((Adorable))) Care act is the exact opposite of affordable.

Just put in work, go to a state school for cheap, study instead of drink and fuck sluts all day, don't major in some shitty women's studies, communication or art degree, and most people will be fine.

>Have you ever seen American political commentary?

I'm american and I have to suffer through this bullshit every two years. I really don't get it. I hate it. I hope trump is able to get his promise of term limits in, but seeing as he is "draining the swam'" right into his cabinet I really doubt it

I wish the DNC hadn't fucked over bernie sanders, he seemed alright. Clinton is so damn boring even if she is a decent politician. IMO the reason trump won (excluding the electoral college because clinton won the popular vote by over 2.8 million) is because people got excited for him just like obama. I was excited for him and not for clinton

>Getting a titan x is frivolous unless you do gaming or something.

People who get one are passionate about their hobby and have the bank account to back it up

Unfortunately, almost no one here knows what saving is, how interest works, or how credit cards work

A titan x has a lower clock speed then a gtx 1080, so why is it better? Surely more ram is only good if you actually use it?

>But whatever, being poor in America isn't all that bad if you know how to buy/save money.

Same here in Norway. For example if you are poor then you can charge your tesla for free at one of the public charging spots instead of doing it at home. There are a lot of penny-pinching tricks like that which adds up over time.

At least we never have to worry about healthcare, education and so on.

He also helped to guide the country out of the worst economic crisis since the great depression, but no one cares about his role in mitigating the effects of that catastrophe. They just go "I disagree with 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness'" for not white men and so they (you) hate him

That community organizer didn't do shit.

>titan x

Why not Quadro p6000

More Cuda core

Because I have 2 1080s. This titan wasnt out at the time.

Is that like have more processor cores? In that case does the software need to be able to use this?

>not having 2 Pro Duos

>Is that like have more processor cores?
~yeahhh
>In that case does the software need to be able to use this?
yes and no, that's more complicated, it's all about drivers

so lets say we have an arbitrary unit of "GPU power". is it reasonable to say that its proportional to cuda cores * clock speed? And is that related to TFLOPS?

Also i assume 12 GB VRAM is only better than 8 GB VRAM if you need it, like regular RAM?

yes

thanks user

>wagecucking
>alright
pick one

youtube.com/watch?v=LC_sx6A5Wko

its probably the same as the titan x

I don't own one because none of these cards is capable of delivering a proper 4k performance.
Anything from 1070 upwards is overkill for 1080, but all of them are good enough for 1440p.
Only logical solution is to either get the 1070 to get the best price/performance ratio, or wait for the next line of cards that might actually be good enough for 4k.

>not a Quadro P6000

POOR

>

>Spending $1200 on a graphics card before HBM2 comes out

o i am laffin