Rice cookers are technology

Rice cookers are technology.

What kind of rice cooker do you use, Sup Forums? I'm in the market for a new one right now but it seems like everything is designed to break after a year.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Zojirushi-NP-HCC10XH-Induction-Heating-Stainless/dp/B00VAG84HY?th=1
amazon.com/Zojirushi-NS-VGC05-Uncooked-Electric-Cooker/dp/B001KVZZH6
amazon.com/Zojirushi-NS-TSC10-Uncooked-Cooker-1-0-Liter/dp/B0074CDG6C/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16896163101&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Rice Cookers-_-N82E16896163101&gclid=Cj0KEQiA4o3DBRCJsZqh8vWqt_8BEiQA2Fw0eTX9zHM1_WidDBIw5ckH3HkKKzAhteE9hmtP4iEX0mIaArKv8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
ebay.com/itm/Shile-1-3L-Electric-cooking-lunch-box-mini-Rice-cooker-steam-cook-keep-warm-/182390801429?hash=item2a7756c415:g:XecAAOSw6DtYU-Jc
ebay.com/itm/NEW-Hamilton-Beach-White-16-cup-Aluminum-Digital-Rice-Cooker-dishwasher-safe-bo-/122251048141
ebay.com/itm/Mini-Rice-Cooker-1-5-Go-KC-2628-/252287849386?hash=item3abd8713aa:g:RvIAAOSwG-1WwYBA
ebay.com/itm/Kumazakieimu-Electric-Rice-Food-Cooker-Cooked-KC-2628-Small-Cool-Aluminum-1-5Cup-/252696834586?hash=item3ad5e7b21a:g:5EAAAOSwMmBV0W-h
ebay.com/itm/Mini-small-Rice-Cooker-Electric-heating-lunch-box-Food-grade-stainless-steel/262322192853?rt=nc&_soffid=5022037505&_soffType=OrderSubTotalOffer&_trksid=p5731.m3795
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The one pictured is quite good, and it will serve you for a very long time.

Where I live there's a ton of gooks so pretty all rice cookers are cheap. I use pic related because it's simple and gets the job done. Press down to cook and let it keep itself warm.

You don't need any of those complicated stuff added by white people who can't cook simple rice.

zojirushi is so fucking expensive

I've been using a small pot with a lid and a range.

TOO MUCH WORK

>retarded spoiled asian American roommate is opening the rice cooker constantly while cooking
>show him the directions say not to
>"Hahaha I'm Asian I think I know what I'm doing"

>zojirushi is so fucking expensive
yeah but mine has lasted 15 years so far, can't really be mad even at those prices.

Also the newer ones are legit as fuck, my girlfriends mom has one (asian mom) and it's pretty god damn legit. Big fucking 10 cup induction one.

1/2 cup rice 1 cup water in the pot bring to a boil then put heat on lowest, if you get into a rhythm it's not bad.

amazon.com/Zojirushi-NP-HCC10XH-Induction-Heating-Stainless/dp/B00VAG84HY?th=1

Fugggg, the 10 cup one is on sale for less than the 5.5 cup one.

Never trust the markings on the pod, just remember one rice two water, no matter you're counting height or volume.

tatung rice cooker is the best one i've ever used. I live in the USA and i've never seen one for sale here like it. it uses a somewhat different cooking configuration but is extremely versatile, basically a steam pot. I had a Taiwanese roommate that brought one over from Asia and left it with me, and I'm very grateful for it, he told me Chinese people use them for generations, they last forever apparently

the recipe for rice in a tatung is a bit different

two parts water in the outer pot (ugly calcified water for steam)
one part rice and one part water in the inner cooking pot, that floats on the water in the outer pot. it basically double boil steams until the outer pot runs dry and a very tiny amount of rice on the bottom of the inner pot cooks on

perfect rice imho but it takes just under half an hour, its slow for a cooker

I cook with a pot Tbh, I can't stand rice cookers, it just doesn't taste the same.

>white people
>made in Japan

Use a fucking pot and some water you lazy fuck. Let the water cover the rice by about one finger joint's height (1-1.5 cm?)

still baffled on why someone would spend this much on a rice cooker. my tiger one that i got for $30 always makes the perfect white rice or brown rice if i soak them. am i missing out on something?

>Reading comprehension
>Non-existent

Did I get this right?

Because that thing can blast out near perfect cooked rice in 20 minutes and a regular rice cooker on quick mode would take 30.

I just use a cheap crock pot for all my lazy cooking. Though my buddy got a pressure cooker and he says it blows the slow cooker out of the water.

>this melts the rice

LOL KEK LOLOLOLOL OMG LOL FUNNY NAME LOL

Actually the biggest complaint of Zojirushi's is they take for FUCKING ever to cook.

They go by the slow cook methodology for a higher quality cooked rice.

Plain white rice takes ~30-45 minutes. Up to 60 minutes for certain settings and larger 10 cup capacity.

Brownrice 80-100 minutes

GABA rice ~200 minutes.

I'm not a worthless faggot so I cook it in a plain pot.

>rice cookers

Really, is it that hard to put rice in a saucepan with boiling water and wait 15 minutes?

That specific model does white rice in 25m in quick mode.

Just looked it up to make sure.

Ever make anything besides generic medium/long grain white rice?

If you have rice 3-5 times a week and you're serving for 3+ people, it just makes sense to have a rice cooker.

Generally they only really make sense in asian households where you're cooking authentic asian cuisine regularly and as such use the rice in large amounts often.

Or if you are one person that eats rice with every meal regardless as a source of carbs, its useful to make a pot of rice in the morning and munch on it for breakfast/lunch/dinner.

If I had to eat rice 5 times a week I'd be more inclined to shove the habdle of the rice cooker up my ass in protest.

Are there there any that measure by weight?

Sure that specific one might, but by and large Zujirushi's take forever, I'm not hating I own one. But they do tend to have longer cook times than other high end rice cookers

The cuckoo posted earlier can cook a large 10 cup batch in about 50 minutes compared to the 90 minutes of the Zojirushi.

Now at double the price it's not TOO big of a shock that it's faster, but cheaper cookers can be faster than Zojirushi's too.

So you're extremely poor and can't afford food yet you can afford fancy and costly kitchenware?

Meh, some people enjoy it, especially if you buy decent quality rice and know how to use it in various ways.

Rice porridge is the shit on a cold winter day.

eating it as a source of carbs doesn't necessarily mean he's doing it because it's cheap carbs.

he could just be chronically underweight and need something bland and carbs to help gain weight. Or maybe he's a poor fag, who knows

My rice cooker was only $100. Poor people can afford that.

>zojirushi
What's the best model to purchase?

Any thoughts, lads?

He is obviously mentally ill and depressed to want to criticize someone for eating rice. So sad!

Depends on your needs, if you're just a single person a smaller 3 to 5 cup unit with the basic functions should serve you fine.

If you actually plan on serving for people and potentially cooking a large array of different types of rices, you may wish to spend the money on the higher end models.

But even the lower end models can do most common types of rice, the expensive ones just have quicker cook times on the more complicated rices and convenience features. Not worth the money for the average home kitchen.

Tldr; if you're a white dude who just wants a decent rice cooker get this
amazon.com/Zojirushi-NS-VGC05-Uncooked-Electric-Cooker/dp/B001KVZZH6

It offers some fancier features for sushi rice or rice porridge if that's your thing, and does normal white rice quickly and does a good job at it.

Stuffing yourself with cheap carbs every day doesn't sound like something a mentally sane person would do. Dunno senpai.

This belongs in /ck/ you worthless piles of shit.

it's what almost all asians do daily, it can't be that bad.

also, so close to sextuples

Thanks for the advice. I would mostly be using it for white and brown rice in quantities for 1-3 people. Maybe some porridge. Does that model do all of that? There's so many damn models to choose from.

4 cup is big enough to serve 3 people even if they come back for seconds and thirds.

This one. Anything else is a meme.

this...

good entry level rice cooker?

That one can't do brown rice, it also isn't gonna be enough for 3 people.

You will want this one
amazon.com/Zojirushi-NS-TSC10-Uncooked-Cooker-1-0-Liter/dp/B0074CDG6C/

Can do brown rice, porridge, sweet rice, white rice, etc. And has a 5 cup capacity which should be more than enough for 3 people and even 4-5 if they aren't huge rice eaters.

if you want entry-level for high end see
and
If you want true entry level, look at the hamilton beach ones, they should be cheap and they aren't half bad. ~$40

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16896163101&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Rice Cookers-_-N82E16896163101&gclid=Cj0KEQiA4o3DBRCJsZqh8vWqt_8BEiQA2Fw0eTX9zHM1_WidDBIw5ckH3HkKKzAhteE9hmtP4iEX0mIaArKv8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Basically the same features for half the cost.

Never understood why anyone who doesn't go through Asian tier levels of rice would buy a rice cooker.

Perfect rice is literally the easiest thing to make on a stove or even in the microwave.

stop eating rice and carbs you fat american fucks

Yup, though from experience they do feel cheaper for sure.

If you want it to last a decade+ with only replacing the bowl get the Zojirushi, the Tiger will last a few years but not nearly as long.

I've been using the same Tiger JAG-B 5.5 cup model for 11 years nonstop and the nonstick shit is a bit scraped.

They are built like fucking tanks you don't know what you are talking about.

>stop eating rice
why? Goes good with a ton of shit, easy to prepare and have sitting there waiting (at least with a decent rice cooker and a decent extended keep warm function)

Make 3-4 cups of rice in the morning and you can have rice with every meal, it's not the main attraction of any dish, it's just a pleasant tasting accompaniment.

My GF had one that lasted 3 years, she bought a Zojirushi and she's had it for the past 5 years without issue.

My personal Zojirushi is turning 16 soon.

I just bought t-fal 10 in 1 for 50 bucks did i make a mistake to not buy a $1100 rice cooker or something?

Though I admit she isn't especially gentle with her stuff, so that might have been a factor on the Tiger failing early.

I have been thinking of buying small rice cooker. I hate the normal onces. they take up so much space and make rice for a family of eight.

Any recommendations? I live in EU.

thinking of getting this
ebay.com/itm/Shile-1-3L-Electric-cooking-lunch-box-mini-Rice-cooker-steam-cook-keep-warm-/182390801429?hash=item2a7756c415:g:XecAAOSw6DtYU-Jc

I have one of the higher end Tigers with the retractable cord and over engineered hinge so maybe these cheaper models aren't as sturdy but generally Tiger and Zojirushi are built to be used daily for years.

ebay.com/itm/NEW-Hamilton-Beach-White-16-cup-Aluminum-Digital-Rice-Cooker-dishwasher-safe-bo-/122251048141

so you're against technology? or are you just virtue signaling?

Hers was a tiny little fucker, def not a high end one, but it's been many years now so I forget exactly what model, if they even still produce the same model these days.

Who knows, from my experience anyway I'd take Zojirushi personally, but I have 15 years of bias to thank for that.

>ebay.com/itm/NEW-Hamilton-Beach-White-16-cup-Aluminum-Digital-Rice-Cooker-dishwasher-safe-bo-/122251048141
>>Shipping and handling To Europe
>US $46.44

No thank you

it's an example of what to look for, i'm not searching to find the proper seller that you can get the best price from

No need to get a shitty gay faggot lunchbox type thing though, get an actual rice cooker.

>ebay.com/itm/Mini-Rice-Cooker-1-5-Go-KC-2628-/252287849386?hash=item3abd8713aa:g:RvIAAOSwG-1WwYBA
>do want
look how tiny it is

I've got a Zojirushi. I think it's the inductive one, but I'm not certain. It's been probably 12 - 15 years since I bought mine. Great products.

sorry m8, appreciate your help

>look how tiny it is
the price hurts a bit though

>ebay.com/itm/Kumazakieimu-Electric-Rice-Food-Cooker-Cooked-KC-2628-Small-Cool-Aluminum-1-5Cup-/252696834586?hash=item3ad5e7b21a:g:5EAAAOSwMmBV0W-h
here you go;: half the price

The other had free shipping to the US, this one has $25 shipping to the US.

So really it's ~$20 less.

ebay.com/itm/Mini-small-Rice-Cooker-Electric-heating-lunch-box-Food-grade-stainless-steel/262322192853?rt=nc&_soffid=5022037505&_soffType=OrderSubTotalOffer&_trksid=p5731.m3795

I think im settling on this one

I don't really know anything about rice cookers but I make a quarter cup of brown rice with every meal and have for the past seven years. I've always used a pot and stove-top. It takes a third cup of water and about six minutes at medium heat for the perfect amount of fluffiness.

So, tldr, what exactly are the advantages of a rice cooker? Would it cook the rice faster? Is it more energy efficient than a stove? Is it self cleaning or something? Why should anyone use one?

It will cook the rice slower more evenly and in much larger amounts

If you're making rice for yourself and just yourself, you'll almost always be quicker on the stove-top, and unless you're making GABA rice or something complicated, it should turn out just fine.

But with 5-10 cups of rice, GABA, sweet, Sushi, etc Having a rice cooker that has a setting for each of these that just lets you set it and walk away for the next hour or two is fantastic compared to doing it yourself.

I bet you use an electric can opener.

>Expect to talk about technology on Sup Forums
>End up talking about rice

What a great place.

Think I prefer the old tiger I lost in college. If I leave the Rice sitting for 2 days, it gets burned for some reason

>Please remove this label before use

I just got a pressure cooker. It cooks rice in 12 minutes, compared to nearly an hour with my rice cooker. The rice tastes the same. What's the deal?

Probably something to do with the pressure, but I wouldn't know for sure since I'm no scientist.

Water can reach much higher temperature before boiling than 100celsius when pressurized.

Higher the temperature, faster the food cooks.

I use my drip coffee maker for coffee, tea, and rice

It doesn't matter. I used to cook for living as a student.

Dumb frog poster