I am trying to stay awake around 30 hours to fix my sleep schedule...

i am trying to stay awake around 30 hours to fix my sleep schedule. 20 hours already passed and i spent most of it in front of my computer.

is it dangerous to do this? i read about some koreans dying from too much pc time.

I spent about 6 months when I was in grad school sleeping for 6 hours every other night.

For the first few months, it worked fine, then I started losing color vision towards the end of my awake periods, then I finally had a mental breakdown which resulted in dropping out of grad school, and moving back in with my parents while I recovered.

So in my experience, staying awke for 42 hours at a time, is fine for short periods, but if you keep it up long term, you will have problems.

they died from drinking too much energy drinks.

>i am trying to stay awake around 30 hours to fix my sleep schedule.

It does not work like that. Just start going to bed when you are supposed to.

i can't fall asleep if i woke up 11 hours earlier. i want to change my waking time from 11:00 AM to 06:00 AM.

Use a sleep training app on your phone; I use "Sleep as Android".

I suggest it, because it has a mode for changing your sleep cycle, where you leave your phone face down next to the bed, and it blinks the flash during the night to give you a bit of light stimulation to make you wake up earlier. It pretty effortlessly shifts your sleep cycle by one hour per day.

If you're that far gone, it may not work. You should get a sleep study ASAP. If you have an abnormal circadian rhythm, you can automatically qualify for NEETbux, but you're fucked.

>i can't fall asleep if i woke up 11 hours earlier.

t. someone who has never tried.

Just lie there in bed until your brain shuts down due to boredom, you fuck.

1- Sit with correct posture
2- Take frequent breaks, walk and stretch
3- Stay hydrated. No, coffee, tea, and soda do not count
4- Why not fix your sleep schedule by a couple of hours per day till you get back to normal? What you are doing right now is a bit retarded, and may screw your sleep schedule even further.

Not him but this doesn't work for everyone, at least not me. I can lie in total darkness at night with my eyes closed for hours and not fall asleep if I haven't been up long enough or active enough that day.

fuck off normie. i had spells of lying 6 hours without falling asleep (even when relaxed, not thinking, all good).

i find it incredibly hard to wake up early, and very easy to stay awake late. maybe it has something to do with depression

>not knowing how to control your own brain

how did you manage to get cucked by your own brain?

> tfw too smart to wake up

you won't die, but it won't work. Your body has more than just one 24 hour cycle.

This, if I remember correctly those Koreans died because of blood clots from sitting

That won't work. It never works.

Do you know what will work? Sheer willpower that forces you to get off of Sup Forums and get in bed at midnight and get up at 8 am the next morning.

Where can you get such willpower, you may ask?

It's actually rather simple and right outside your door. It's sunlight. Bright, natural sunlight. Sunlight that give you necessary Vitamin D and numerous other health benefits.

Get out in the sun. Spend all day in it. Exhaust yourself in it.

Then in the next day or so I guarantee you will see a miraculous surge of awareness and willpower to do things you couldn't bring yourself to do before. You'll have more energy and clearer focus. You'll be able to do things again.

But be careful, once you switch it is very easy to slip back into old habits an hour at a time unless over a couple of months you are right back where you started.

>he has daylight at 8am

I was awake for over 90 hours whilst finishing my graduating paper in time. I even drove the one hour drive on my motorcycle to turn in the papers in the end.

Wouldn't recommend anyone doing this.

it actually definitely works like that

>i find it incredibly hard to wake up early, and very easy to stay awake late.
Standard night owl. Instead of doing 30 hours of wakey-wakey, exercise very heavily and eat a huge meal. That will put you to sleep early, and then you can wake up early.

>Why not fix your sleep schedule by a couple of hours per day till you get back to normal? What you are doing right now is a bit retarded, and may screw your sleep schedule even further.
What he's doing works really well and I have done it countless times. It also fixes it in one go if done right.

t. neet who has slept and woken up at just about every time of day

>Sheer willpower that forces you to get off of Sup Forums and get in bed at midnight and get up at 8 am the next morning.
You're speaking with zero knowledge of his situation. What if he woke up at midnight after sleeping sixteen hours? Staying awake to tire yourself out and then choose what time to sleep at works just fine.

>having artificial suns in your house
>following the movement of the sun with your sleep
The fucking normie-dom in this thread, for the love of...

why do you need to fix your schedule? work? plans? honestly, it doesn't matter when you wake up or sleep if you're just going to be watching anime or programming by yourself

If you tire yourself out too much, you may oversleep.

That is distinctly possible, but you can't sleep a perfect 8 hours every day anyway, it will often be more even if you didn't do anything particularly tiresome.

my schedule is not synchronized to the 24 hour cycle, it's more like a 32 hour cycle and every now and then shit gets fucked and I have to go to work without sleeping at all

fuck being crazy

This, when I have classes, I'm on a three day long cycle depending on what I have to wake up for.

Same situation as OP, but I live on the 50th parallel. The sun sets at 4:30. What do.

I don't know how I managed it, but I have the hardest time falling asleep because I can't stop thinking about things. It's a living hell

>im a big thinker!
Think about falling asleep you dumb fuck
Or better yet, try some pills.

>pills
Why? Just exercise hard, and eat a big meal.

Also: No taking your phone to bed. And switch off all the lights.