I need a search engine that is not watched or anything like Tor

I need a search engine that is not watched or anything like Tor.

Google, the best place to hide is in plain sight.

startpage

What you need is the deep Web. I recommend Mariana Search.

(OP) thanks, but i ment application wise.

use tor, sperg

Tor is already broken.

Tor is not broken.

>Software developed by the gov.
>Now in the hands of a "NGO". lol
>SR marketplace's admin was busted, Tor Mail's entire database is already in the hands of the government.

You pedos and dealers are deluded.

Use i2p then. But tor is usually enough unless you're already being monitored and targeted.

SR admin was busted because he advertised SR on sites using easily backtraceable information, not due to Tor security. I don't know the TorMail story.

The TOR network is not broken, Tor BROWSER however, is often targeted as the firefox build can be vulnerable.

so how to use the network without the flaws of firefucks?

That's what they really want you to believe.

Most of the firefox flaws (as far as I know, all of them) are JS exploits. Turn off JS. It weakens your anonymity by a tiny amount (because most people don't disable JS).
Keep your tor browser up to date, and don't run JS and tor is mostly safe. Targeted deanonymisation is EXTREMELY difficult.
The main strategy of the NSA is to get you to not use it, and instead use something worse.

What they want you to believe is that tor doesn't work- so you don't use something they can't break.
Not that tor is 100% safe, there are viable attack vectors over it.

IXQUICK.EU

I miss scroogle. Even startpage is googled.

pasta

On March 29, 2016, Ixquick was discontinued in the United States – officially "merged" with the same company's Startpage search engine (a search engine affiliated with Google, reportedly with some of the privacy features of Ixquick, but using Google searches). Users entering ixquick.com are now automatically re-routed to startpage.com. However, at the end of Ixquick's merger notice (linked from the Ixquick's new home page), the company reports: "We think you're going to love StartPage, but if you prefer original Ixquick search results, don't worry. They are still available at ixquick.eu."

aren't there like p2p search engines

StartPage since it's just like Google but private.

The best search engine is YaCy, a self hosted search engine.

Self hosted means all the software resides in your computer.

To speed up your web searches you can add collected searches.

If by any means you want to cooperate with the project you can share your searches anonymously to the community, but is optional.

And what was Operation Onymous?

I like Tor, but it's difficult to believe it's not already corrupted.

this

startpage

/thread

Please ignore comments below this line
------------------------------------------------------------------

Download and install Whonix in a VM. Someone can gain root control of Whonix but because the tor connection is handled in a second VM they wouldn't be able to reveal your true IP.

last I used YaCy, the search results got hijacked by bots that wanted to redirect to their sites.
Have they found a way to fix this?

why would they use kde when all you need is to launch a browser?
Wouldn't a minimal setup be easier to maintain?

>I used YaCy, the search results got hijacked by bots
wtf did you crawl??

so far I think yacy is the "most secure" option when it comes to search engine.of course you need to configure it and have it run 24/7.

All this startpage, why not duckduckgo?

Because someone would fork it with a KDE and that fork would be 10,000 times more popular.

Duckduckgo is known for fake privacy.